Everyone have bad days

Loving Nobody

Ch.5 – Everyone have bad days.

The seventeen year old didn’t look at Yunho as he walked in.

“Whazzup guys, what are you doing? I have written some new songs, do you want to try it out?” he asked with a smile, looking hopefully at Junsu and Changmin, they were the piece-makers in the group. If they were mad at me, he knew that Junsu and Changmin would give in and talk Yunho out of his sulking.

Yoochun never butted into other people’s lives as Yunho did. Yoochun and Jaejoong, they were best friends but Yoochun was more understanding, if one of us wanted something or had a different opinion than he had, he would just accept our ways and let the other do what the other wanted. If there was a fight, Yoochun would never participate in it, he would always just let the others do the fighting and he would accept the outcome. Unlike Yunho who always tried to have his way in everything, always tried to persuade the group into having the same opinion as he had.

“Jaejoong hyung…” Changmin greeted with an unsure smile. No… he sighed as Jaejoong smiled at him, grateful that at least he smiled.

“Bro, you know that we like you but…” Junsu begun to talk but didn’t continue. He didn’t even look into the troublemaker’s eyes, he avoided him! It hurt but hey, Jaejoong was a tough guy, he just brushed the feeling of.

“Cut the crap and just say it! Jaejoong, it can’t continue on like this anymore! You really need to come to more practices if we want to do good music with quality. The band decided that you at least need to practice with us two times a week, otherwise we won’t be progressing any further.” Yunho said while looking harshly at the black haired newcomer. Well, at least Yunho looked at him, Jaejoong thought.

“What? What are you talking about? When did you decide on this? The band, really Yunho, the band? I’m part of the band and I swear on my mother that I didn’t decide on this! And neither did Yoochun, Junsu or Changmin.”

This was so typical Yunho, to say that it was Dong Ban Shin Ki while it was only him forcing the others to say the same thing as he.

“You don’t even have a mother…” Yunho murmured under his breath without looking at the boy. That pissed Jaejoong off.

“Yunho, you are so damn low! Really, now you bring up my mother? Thank you, really, thank you sweet Yunho for poiting that out, I wouldn’t have noticed without you! I seriously don’t understand why they wanted you to be the school council’s president, you’re .”

“You’re too Jaejoong, and yeah, the band decided to start practicing more with you. You should be thankful; I wanted to throw you out. And oh yeah, if you don’t believe in me, let us vote. How many of DBSK thinks that Jaejoong is a pain-in-the- and he should practice more?” Yunho said as he raised his hand in the air and looked at the others who didn’t move. Jaejoong also turned to looked at them, following Yunho’s eyes. Though they didn’t raise their hands, their eyes gave them away. They didn’t want to humiliate their childhood friend but they would have voted against.

“You know what? Just you, I don’t care anymore! You can be glad, dear school council president, I’m leaving the group. you and your music, hope you can find someone as good songwriter as I am because otherwise you .” Jaejoong said while kicking frustratingly the chair the leader was sitting on before he stormed out and slammed the door behind him.

Yunho really thinks he’s something just because he happened to be the leader of their group, Jaejoong thought. I hate him. He really thinks Jaejoong gives a about DBSK, that he can do a little community service and feel good about himself by forcing Jaejoong to play music with the band. He really thinks that by playing music with them, he would suddenly change the person Jaejoong became and suddenly be as good as Yunho is. He really thinks that, hoping that he could help Jaejoong and then add that to his list of all the good deeds he has done, so that people can praise him even more, that little low-life A++ student. But guess what Jung Yunho, Jaejoong thought, I’m not a community service and I won’t sink that low and take help from you just so you can write that on your resume. you.

 

 “I’m sorry Sunny, I really am but… I want to do this so badly, I can’t refuse.” Jessica tried to smile at her best friend, hoping she would understand.

“But why? Why now? Why do you want to finish high-school one year sooner than the rest of us? Does it really matter, why is it so important to you?” Sunny asked with red eyes. Her voice was still shaky but she wouldn’t cry anymore, she was too tired to cry some more. She was just exhausted and was on the way to become alone for the umpteenth time. Life couldn’t get worse.

“It is. I truly liked going in the same class with you but it is boring, I already know everything we’re studying, and will be studying this year. I did the test, the teachers said I “outshined the test” so I won’t be having a hard time following the class up. Sunny, I’m sorry but I will start in the next grade after Christmas.” Jessica said.

“But… who will be my friend then? You know that the rest of the girls are really not nice, they won’t talk to me!” Sunny said as she blinked her tears away. She wouldn’t cry anymore. This was enough, she was a strong girl, she wouldn’t cry anymore.

“I know, I know… I can always tell my brother to talk more with you.” Jessica unsurely suggested.

“Jaejoong? Yeah, he is already talking with me… but he is bullying me!!! You know that too!” Sunny glared irritated at her best friend.

“I know, I know… I do have a bad heart because of this but I can’t continue on with school like this, it’s really no challenge at all, it’s a torture! But we can at least eat together during lunch!”

 

Sunny was lying on her bed, looking at the ceiling, trying to blink away the tears that were forming in her eyes. This was one of those painful days when nothing really worked out. But she wouldn’t cry. She would think about her maths test the next day, she would probably outshine at least that test! Urghh… why did she need to have such a smart best friend?

 

 “Son, could you come out to the kitchen?”

Oh no. Jaejoong knew what was coming. Slowly he pressed the pause button and left his mp3 in the middle of ABBA’s “Does your mother know” song. He really liked that song since he could relate to that song a lot. His Jung mother didn’t know everything about him, and he feared for the moment she would find everything out.

“Darling, we love you, you know that right?” Mum asked.

“Yeah, I know, what do you want?” the tall youngster asked with empty eyes.

He didn’t like it when she tried to act like a shrink with him. All this loving everywhere, never stopping to love him, geez… cut the crap, if you know what he mean.

“The school called… they said you were already now behind in the class, and if you don’t pull yourself together, you won’t be able to finish high-school. You have already gotten a second chance, you are repeating your first year, and there are no more chances for you.” His Dad told him.

“Oh…”

He decided not give a about school anymore.

“Jaejoong… honey, tell me what’s wrong? Why can’t you be as good as your sister, Jae? You don’t need to have the same grades as her, but you can be as good as she is. It’s okay if you’re not a genius like her but honey, you are smart too, you only need to try. So tell me what’s wrong, what’s stopping you Jae?” his Mum asked tenderly.

She was amazing; she really was, always so patient with him, amazing. And he never needed to be as good as Jessica because he had different genes; he wasn’t born to be a genius like Jessica and the rest of the Jung family. He, Kim Jaejoong was beloved and adopted, but he would never be a genius. He didn’t even have a chance to begin with.

“Nothing’s wrong Mum, nothing, don’t overanalyze this! I simply don’t care about high-school.” he murmured while looking away.

“Jaejoong, pull yourself together, will you? Now, the other thing. You’re great-aunt called; she said that she would love to have you again if you feel for it.” Dad said without looking at him. Jaejoong was sure he didn’t really care whether Jaejoong was there or not, to him Jaejoong was only one more person in his household to pay for. A rude, unthankful delinquent in his household.

“I don’t feel for it.” Jaejoong said without thinking about it. He hated his great-aunt; she’s a loser, who spent all her life working as a cleaner at some crappy hospital before retiring and getting a boring, dull life. He didn’t know about her until he was twelve when she (his grandmother’s sister) found him, saying he was her only living relative. He wasn’t actually surprised since she was like 80 or something. Then he had to spend a year in London with her when he was fourteen. It .

“Jaejoong, we and your great-aunt discussed this, if you want to, you can move to London after high school and get a diploma there. All you need to do it graduate from high school.” Mum told him about their grand save-Jaejoong’s-life plan.

“I don’t want to. Mum, I don’t want to move to my great-aunt, if I do, I’ll be taking care of her for the rest of my life, uhm no, sorry, of her life. No ing way.” he said before he felt the sting on his cheek, she slapped him.

“Show some respect to your family, will you! Now go, and think about your future.” She said with her strict eyes.

The youth walked back into his room and slowly lied down. He knew he really was , no use to the society. Sometimes he wanted to just run away and never come back, take away his Mother’s pain every time she looked at him. Go away and not disturb Jessica the genius with his failure of existence. He really meant it. All he did is to disturb, everyone.

At the end of the day, every day, he knew that he didn’t do any good to anyone. Every day, at the end of the day he knew nobody needed his existence, they would be better off without him. Most people would even be relieved if he would disappear; they would sigh with relief and then forget all about the Jung family’s black sheep. Nobody needed him actually, he just disturbed. And that’s why he was a bully. He didn’t bully a particular target, he bullied the whole world. With his mere existence. 

 

-

Here's the new chapter! Thank you sunyeonie and kyonhae912 for the encouraging words, hope the chapter came soon enough :) it means a lot to me when I read new comments and see that new people subscribe, to get good reactions from people! 

viaxoxo: nice that you also thought about this pairing! I picked Sunny because I ship her from SNSD and I could see her as the character. What do you think about Sunny as a school nerd? :) I find it very interesting that you saw Jaejoong's good side because he remembered Kimberly, i never thought that way! I only think he's an as*s right now but hey, who knows. Thanks for pointing out misunderstandings; Jae's living with the Jung parents, Jess and Krystal, and i did write Sulli instead of Sunny, I'll edit them. Thank you again, it was very interesting to read your comment! :)