Watch out

Loving Nobody

Chap. 19 – Watch out; he’s back!

The warm sunrays hit her face as she walked out from her home. Just as she was about to lock the door, she could hear somebody else lock their door too. Without hurry she turned to her left, only to meet a pair of eyes belonging to a certain looking back at her. Both froze in the moment, waiting, anticipating the other’s movement just like in the wild life when attacker meets its prey.

Soon the girl with the school bag proceeded with locking the door. Cursing under her breath she walked to the elevator, taking the elevator down from the 11th floor takes time!

 “So, time to go to school, huh? I hope you missed me while I was gone!” that person tried to joke thought in Sunny opinion it looked obtruded. He didn’t even smile his energetic morning smile and was only fiddling with his jacket which was completely out of his character.

“I didn’t.” she answered curtly before she placed her headset on her ears and started listening to music. That basically marked the end of his attempt of trying to chat with her. During the rest of the road he walked silently beside her while she had her headset on like she was listening to music though in reality she wasn’t.

During the lessons he didn’t sit behind her like he used to. Again, he found his seat at the backmost just the way he used to back in the days when they didn’t talk with each other. Good, she mentally sighed of relief, glad to see he accepted that their friendship had officially ended.

She didn’t hear a word from him until lunch, which she was surprised of (his favorite hobby used to be asking completely irrelevant questions from the teachers) until she saw him asleep during our second period. Just the way he used to back in the days.

 

During lunch Sunny stood in the queue some people behind. The whole cafeteria was crowded with people. She was just chatting with Jessica and Junsu (they were so cute!) when out of nowhere his angry voice interrupted the peace in the queue.

“Yah, watch where you’re going!”

She caught the glimpse of how he pushed the boy behind him to the floor, making the boy’s flood sprawl across the dirty floor.

“You were too close, loser!” he said before attempting to walk away but Sunny didn’t let him! She grabbed the arm of his uniform.

“What’s wrong with you, jerk? Why do you need to be such a bully? What have that boy done to you, he wasn’t even standing close to you; he didn’t even invade your precious personal space! Grow up Jaejoong-shi ‘cause I’m really tired of you being an !” the angry student yelled at him as she forcefully pushed him back several times.

He didn’t even flinch while his old friend was yelling at him, he just stared blankly at her and when she was done, he kicked away the boy’s food before trying to walk off. Again, she yanked back him with his right arm but this time she also slapped him across his cheeks.

History seemed to repeat itself since again he didn’t show any reaction and just walked off with his food, pushing some people away from the crowd that were blocking his way. Bastard, Sunny mentally cursed as she glared after him. Some people started whispering probably because of his lack of response while the girl student turned back to that boy whom Jessica and Junsu were already helping up.

“Soon-kyu, what did you do to Jaejoong, why didn’t he defend himself from you?” one of their classmates asked.

“I don’t know, ask him instead. He’s a weirdo, it’s impossible to understand him.” The heiress of the moment just shrugged as she helped the boy while doing her best not to think about her former friend.

“Funny that it comes from you.” Another student from our grade retorted, making the whole crowd laugh. Ha-ha, some people will never change.

 

Deep in his thoughts he watched the dirty ground as he walked home with a light school bag and with his hands in his pockets. His mind was around the shrink he met for the first time that day, thinking about the stuff they talked about. Ironically Jaejoong had envisages a female shrink but it was much better with a male, it was more relaxed and he understood Jaejoong more. Jaejoong had  assumed it would be really weird talking about feelings but it was a very relaxed atmosphere and the shrink had taken the young student’s words seriously.

The therapist didn’t judge him either, you couldn’t see a bad reaction from all the things Jaejoong had told him, he just understood and at the end of the session, he could still smile at Jaejoong like Jaejoong was a regular person, it felt good. This was a difference from normal people; Jaejoong couldn’t talk too openly to normal people since they always judged him, constantly. He believed Sunny to be different but turns out he was wrong about her too.

FLASHBACK

“I see, but what makes you think that you can’t change? If you want to we could do a test to see if you’re intelligent enough to become a good student. By our conversation I can already tell that nothing’s wrong with you, you’re just a little bit lost and that’s curable. You’re saying that you’re tired of wasting your days with partying which shows that you’re more than ready to change. Jaejoong, I’m telling you, you’re ready to change!”

“Let’s start with you doing your homework and studying more. Focus on two subjects you like, and no, English can’t be one of them, and study them at least 2 hours each until next week. Well, apart from doing your homework of course.”

 

This made him deep in his thoughts as his legs monotony made their way home. The therapist was right; Jaejoong had the wrong approach to life. He doesn’t need to take his life if he felt his existence was meaningless, he just needed to change and he was more than ready! He wanted to become a good person.

The fact that Sunny and he were not meant to be didn’t mean that he should stop being friends with her and go back to his old boring life. He had fun with her, and he need her since after DBSK she was the only true friend he had. He needed her in his life which means that if they could only be friends then bring it on, it’d be his honor and pleasure to be her good friend. Filled with a newly found energy he smiled while walking; he looked forward to going back to the time before hiking, to the good Jaejoong on the way to becoming a good student with the help of a very special Sunshine. Geez, he was so in love which is so un-Jaejoong but it’s cool, he was ready for this!

-

Thank you for sticking with the story for so long! I'de love to read about your opinions on the story; is it too fast/too slow, boring, confusing etc! Only if you want to, no pressure :)

viaxoxo: yes, Jessica is sometimes right :) but now Jaejoong is on the good side of the road again, hopefully he'll get good again :)

yellowina: thank you so much for the beautiful comment! :) yes, poor Jaejoong.

kyonhae912: yes, she's stubborn... but Jaejoong's too, stubborn with becoming good again so that's at least good :)