When your best friend is sick

Loving Nobody

Chapter 4 Days when your bf is sick

“Coming!” the seventeen old youngster shouted as he began walking towards the door. Surprised that someone rang the door this early in the morning, he opened it.

“Hi Jae, is Jessica ready?” a stranger asked with a bright smile from the ghost-looking pale bad boy. It was a little girl in boring school uniform who hid her face behind a pair of big glasses making it impossible to recognize her. Jaejoong silently watched her while trying to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why his sister bothered talking to people like that people. Jessica had social skills, she could do so much better than this, he thought.

“Who are you again?” he asked as he locked his red eye that had big dark circles underneath on with her.

Embarrassed by the womanizer’s gaze, Sunny quickly looked away, hoping he would do the same. Being watched by the famous bad boy Jaejoong was certainly not a confident-booster for Sunny. She suddenly remembered how quickly she brushed her hair, that her nails were too long, that her pink T-shirt didn’t match well with her red jacket… and that the teachers would find out.

“Sunny, who else would I be… Is she coming?” she asked once again but this time with less charisma, and with a shaky tone  as she glanced in through the opened door.

“Nah, I think she was forced by the folks to stay home today since she’s got fever.” the womanizer said as he stepped out of his home and locked the door. Sunny frowned when he took a step closer to her and the smell of cigarettes and alcohol hit her nose.

“Oh… ‘kay.” She said without taking a breath.

Suddenly, she didn’t know what to do or what to say. Did he remember what happened Friday night? Should she talk about it? Was she supposed to say goodbye and walk away, or should she walk with him to school?

“Are you going to school now?” she asked but didn’t get any response.

Still unsure of what to do, she walked after him to the elevator. Oh no! Jaejoong’s puke was still lying there, untouched by the cleaners. Sunny could feel how to heat was spreading across her face, while she was hoping he wouldn’t see the rests of his partying. For a second when she entered the elevator after Jaejoong she thought she would vomit too! The smell was almost unbearable, that smell, still lingering in the air. Now she could be certain of that Jaejoong knew, there was no reasonable explanation to why he wouldn’t when he could smell it.

Suddenly she heard Jaejoong rip out a paper from his mathbook. She watched him write something on it, and then lay it on it.

“Jae, what are you doing?” she asked curiously, amazed by how random this guy really was.

“Dude, you’re nobody. Being friends with my neighbor won’t give you permission to call me Jae. Get a life, Nobody, and stop fu*king following me.” he said in a cold tone and walked out of the elevator.

After all those years in junior high school, she was already used to being treated like this, so she didn’t take it to her heart. She was actually relieved, glad that the awkwardness disappeared and she got her an answer; she didn’t need to follow him to the school.

Glad to finally be alone, she walked out without reading the sentence Jaejoong had written on the paper.

Kimberly, thank you for Friday

 

 

Being alone in school is very, very depressing. It’s one of Sunny’s worse nightmares, to walk in the corridors without anyone beside you, sit completely alone on the lessons, stand alone in the line, feeling everyone’s eyes staring at you while you eat alone in the canteen, knowing they probably talk about you, finally understanding that you’re one of those nerds with big social problems… shortly speaking, Sunny felt like without her new best friend next to her. She just wanted to disappear, run away from the loneliness that was eating her up.

The worst time of the day was of course lunch because strangers saw that she was alone, that was a real pain. Letting strangers know her faults, her weak points: loneliness. Everybody has a complex, a weak point they don’t want people to know about; the weak point that could lower them in the “popularity-grade”. Hers was not being able to talk to people freely, just being awkward around everyone and believe me… that point never made her popular in the first place. She was only glad nobody noticed her yet, if they did, she would only end up being the victim of bullying again.

Anyway, it was in the foodline that she heard the latest rumours.

“Yah, did you know what that madda-faquor Jaejoong did on Friday?” Sunny heard a guy ask while laughing. She tried to secretly glance back at the guys behind her; she wanted to know too what really made Jaejoong completely gone at eleven o’clock. Wasn’t that a little too early to be unconscious? She always imagined bad people to drink that much after the city goes asleep, when nobody sees so she really couldn’t understand what exactly Jaejoong was doing earlier that made him unconscious.

“Remember how completely wasted he was when he left us at ten o’clock? Well, turns out he wasn’t that wasted since that madda-faqour had a one-night stand with a stranger named Kimberly later on that night!”

Sunny looked shocked and indiscreetly at the guy, that was a lie! Jaejoong was not having anything with a girl named Kimberly; the guy was telling a lie! Oh, she finally understood. Kim Jaejoong was a liar and a bad one since she had figured him out!

“Look, there he comes; the hero with a remarkably high alcohol tolerance.” The guy dramatically sighed.

Sunny locked eyes with the liar arriving to the line, before she turned away fast, hoping he would ignore her as everyone else did. Soon she could sigh of relief once she was out of the danger-zone. Now, she had a new problem to face: she didn’t know where to sit. The canteen was absolutely smacked with people, there were no empty tables! Now she had to sit with some stranger, but with who? Suddenly she felt a strong push and she fell on the ground.

“Move away, nobody.” She heard his cold but calm tone before he walked passed her. This was more than enough to her, she quickly grabbed her bag and ran out. The rest of her break she spent in a disgusting toilet closet, eating her lunch pack.

 

While walking down the halls, the troublemaker could hear everyone talking about it, and when I say everyone I really mean everyone. The topic was on everyone’s lips. It was almost unbelievably, he had no idea who had started the rumor that was actually quite close to the truth but he didn’t care either. Maybe it was Kimberly, but he had no freaking idea who that girl was, so it was fine with him, if she wanted to be a part of his bad reputation then she was welcome to do so.

“Madda-faquor Jaejoong, heard you weren’t alcohol poisoned on Friday, you little liar! How can you have such a high alcohol tolerance? You’re amazing!” Kangin praised him with respect in his eyes. Jaejoong smiled back as they high-fived.

“Yeah, I’m amazing.” he nodded. Alright, it was more of a smirk than a smile, sorry for the bad use of words.

“And so modest too.” Kanging laughed.

Today Jaejoong was really content with his life, today he was the pupils’ hero, their rescue in their boring no-life days. Suddenly he saw his neighbor’s slave or , or how you decide to call her, standing alone in the middle of my way.

“Move away, nobody.” he said while he pushed her with his shoulder. It felt good. 

 

Double update today! Thank you for reading :) I seriously hate Jae right now; Sunny wanted to stay invisible but he of all the people saw her and bullied her for no reason at all! Maybe I should make his life more miserable (evil smile). What do you guys think about this chapter? :)