The key to her heart

Loving Nobody

Chapter 12 – The key to her heart

The young black haired girl watched her friend thoughtfully, she was actually sad for him. He would have become a sweet guy since he had a good heart. She couldn’t help but wonder what went wrong with him. Why did he become the person he is today?

“What’s the gloomy look on your face?” the black haired asked silently while looking at the cute chubby faced girl with a small smile.

“Nothing… just thinking about you.” The girl answered softly as I continued watching him while the pair ate their lunch together the way they did on Mondays. The smile he had grew larger and the line underneath his eyes deepened.

“Well yeah, a lot of people do, I’m awesome.” He joked as he winked at his friend confidently, he was completely cool about him being awesome. 

“Jaejoong-ah, what will you do with your life after high school, what’s your plans?”

“My plans?” this time, he looked stunned while looking at her with big, round eyes. “I don’t know. I guess I’ll work as a waiter or something like that, nothing big, until I figure out my life. You?”

“I’ll go to university; I want to become a physician. In the university I’ll find my loving husband and we will get married, have kids.” she told him her entire life-plan thought it was nothing complicated and big, just a simple life of a simple South Korean girl a.k.a. her.

“That’s a good plan you’ve got there, hope it goes well.” He said with a warm smile. “The guy that will steal your heart will be a lucky guy.”

“Thanks. When do you want to get married?” she continued on asking him.

“Get married? I don’t know, I guess first I need to find the person, you know, the one that will make me fall in love and then I will start thinking about marriage.” He answered dreamily while looking away.

“Jaejoong, you’re a romantic guy, right?”

“Haha, yeah, you can put it that way, I’m the definition of romance you know, always watching those dramas, hoping to receive chocolate during valentine.” He laughed hard like that was the joke of the year. Alright, she guessed he’s not a romantic person.

“Fine, I don’t care what you are. Have you ever received chocolate on valentine’s day?”

“Yes, I did. It was from Yunho, your crush; he was trying to make fun of me or something so he gave me the chocolate box in front of the whole class. Later on he told me that he had gotten it from one of the girls but he didn’t want it, so the whole DBSK, our band, ate it up together. Have you given?”

“No, I wanted to give to Yunho but then I heard that he didn’t like sweet stuff so I never gave it to him, ate it up with Taemin.”

“Sounds like our lives are all about Yunho, for both of us he was an important person. And it’s true, Yunho doesn’t like sweet stuff.” He nodded, reassuring her that she didn’t make the mistake of her life.

“Do you miss your old friends? When will you go back to them?”

“Is this some kind of an interrogation? No, I… of course I miss them but you know… we grew apart, and… I don’t know. Somehow, I’m mad at them for kicking me out so I won’t beg for forgiveness. At the same time, I’m still the same person that they didn’t want to have in their band so there’s no point of going back, they will only kick me out again. But I miss them, all the five of us grew up together. Ever since I’ve got adopted, they were my friends.” he said with a sad smile while looking at his plate.

“Alright, enough of this emotional talk, let’s not do this again, you’re like my mother, making me feel like a crazy maniac on a shrink session.” He suddenly exclaimed while standing up, ready to leave. The girl could do nothing but to follow him.

 

They sat down, the tall black haired friend sitting right behind her since she was still firmly persistent about him not being allowed to sit next to her. That woman, Jaejoong wondered who would ever find the key to her heart, it seemed impossible.

“Hello students, Jaejoong please no chewing gum during class. I’ve got wonderful news for you; you’re going to your very first camping! The biology teacher will, just as every year, take the year 1 students to hiking as a way of teaching about how animals live. This hiking will be from Monday to Wednesday next week; two nights and you will leave from school at 8 pm.”

“You’ll all sleep in the scout house that the biology teacher has access to; there are just barely enough of rooms and in one room 4 students can sleep. There will be 2 students that will sleep by themselves in a room. Let’s make some sleeping arrangements, shall we?” their class teacher said as he took up some papers.

“Maybe we should begin with deciding who those 2 students will be?” he continued asking. There was silence, nobody wanted to sleep alone with only 1 student, everybody wanted to sleep with all their friends, in groups.

“Maybe Sunny can be one of the 2 students?” one of the girl classmates broke the painful silence. They all looked at the socially awkward nobody that looked down, hiding behind her glasses.

“Is it alright with you Sunny?” the teacher asked.

“Yes, I can do it.” She nodded.

The black haired friend mentally face-palmed himself, why must she always give in so easily? This would have been her chance of getting to know those silent girls in their class; they were only three and always isolating themselves from the others, they would have gotten along with her perfectly.

“And who will be her partner?” the teacher asked and again, the question was met by the painful silence. Jaejoong sighed, why did the classmates not accept her? She could be nice, and when she was not in public, she could be quite bubbly actually.

“Maybe Jaejoong-shi?” the same girl asked respectfully. Jaejoong rapidly turned at her, did she suggested him? Well, he guess he could if…

“No, he’s a boy.” Sunny declined sharply.

 

…if Sunny would be okay with it. He watched her back silently with a painful expression; what was wrong with sleeping in the same room as him? It couldn’t possibly be that he was a guy (not a boy) since she didn’t like girls either. He thought it again; it was impossible to find the key to her heart, impossible.

“Why not, those two are the class’s unofficial couple anyway?” one of his friends beeped in as he winked at the troublemaker like as if he was doing Jaejoong good. What was that supposed to mean? They weren’t a couple! Sunny was clearly against the mere existence of him in the same room, there’s no way they could be more than friends.

“What does Jaejoong say about it? If you promise you won’t lay a hand on her during the hike then you’re allowed to sleep in the same room. What do you say?” the teacher looked at the said person.

“I promise.” he said without thinking, maybe too quickly for his liking. Why did he need to sound so desperate?

“It’s decided then. Let’s move on…” Mr Müller, their teacher said quickly before Sunny could protest. Sunny turned around and glared at her so called friend but to no vain; all she got was an air-kiss with a wink from him which caused the class to snicker. There was only a week left but first the pair would baby-sit their siblings on Friday!  

-

New update to the lovely users/unusers! :) you can still vote on the poll, I haven’t decided yet.

-earlys: who knows, maybe he’s interested in someone completely else ;)

viaxoxo: she’s trying to make the right decisions, though she’s too mature for her age :(

kyonhae912: let us hope, it would be a shame if she didn’t. =D

yellowina: hello dear, thanks for commenting! That’s how sunny is; always trying to do it right :(