Want To?

Different Worlds

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into a month and I was starting to feel like the time I spent with them wasn't real, but a dream. Although everyone's lives continued, mine seemed particularly dull. Even though the sun shined, everyday looked like a rainy day without them. 

My apartment was getting a little musty and I decided that it was time to clean it. In order to make it less of a chore I like to listen to K-Pop. As expected I put on a playlist of Infinite and began the challenge. Dishes were everywhere, thick layers of dust were gathering in the weirdest places, my bed looked like a tornado had torn through it, laundry laid unfolded, and junk in general was scattered around the place. 

I was in the middle of changing my sheets when I heard the doorbell ring. I didn't order any food or order any packages. I climbed down from the loft and reached the door, wondering if whoever was at my door was still there. I pushed the button for the camera to see who it was. My stomach did a little flutter when I saw who it was. I just let my finger stay on the button to watch him, as creepy as it sounds.

Sunggyu.

I opened the door after my short creeper moment. He was just looking around with his arms behind his back. His eyes opened really wide when the door opened. 

"Long time, no see," I said in English and smiled.

"Hello, stranger," Sunggyu said back in Korean.

"Umm...Can I come in?" he asked awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other. I let him in and he saw the chaos my apartment was in from the middle of my cleaning rampage. Sunggyu's song 41 Days came on and I saw him walk over to the iHome and turn the volume up. 

"What do you think of my song?" he asked me without facing me. 

"It's one of my favorite songs, actually. I literally like all of the songs on Another Me, so if you asked me to choose a favorite, I don't think I'd be able to," I said. Sunggyu bobbed his head and turned around.

"What's happening here?" he gestured to my apartment and the ungodly mess. 

"I was cleaning when you knocked on my door," I said. He walked over to the kitchen and took care of the trash.

"It's fine. I can do it later," I said trying to stop him. 

"I want to help," was all he said and shrugged before he started sanitizing my small kitchen with his cleaning powers. I was actually really surprised. He cleaned very well for a guy.

I went back to changing my sheets and after that was done I worked on picking up all of my dirty clothes to put in the wash. Everything got done relatively fast and while I was waiting for the laundry to finish so I could hang it up, I leaned against the doorway to kitchen with my arms crossed and watched Sunggyu organize my fridge while wiping away any messes inside. 

"Have you been taking care of your health, Sunggyu?" I asked him. He finished what he was doing and closed the door to the refrigerator. 

"Well..." was all I got back.

"So I take that as a no?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He nodded.

"That reminds me. We need to grocery shopping for your dorm. Last time I was over all you had was ramen and lemon candies," I said. 

"Are you done with things here?" Sunggyu asked me. I nodded my head.

"Do you want to go now?" he asked me.

"Sure. Let me just change my clothes first," I said and walked to pick out some clothes suitable for the late summer heat. I changed in the bathroom and came out looking ready to conquer the supermarket masses. Sunggyu got up from the couch and went to the door. We slipped on our shoes and walked out.

Just as expected the supermarket was filled with mothers and children bustling around. We rented a cart and scanned the aisles for things that they might need. I suggested that it was better to go through each aisle so that way we wouldn't miss anything. Sunggyu agreed and off we went.

Every aisle we went through, we took at least half of its stock and put it in our cart. People looked at us weird when they saw how full the cart was getting. I remembered the scene when Infinite went shopping in YAMO for their sister. 

"When was the last time you guys went to a supermarket?" I asked.

"About four years ago," Sunggyu said laughing. We reached the section of the supermarket that had ahjummas giving out samples to anyone who passed by. I was getting hungry from looking at all of the food that surrounded me, so naturally I drifted towards them with Sunggyu trailing behind me. 

I took a sample from a lady selling fried chicken and thanked her. I scarfed it down and moved to the next sample. I was like a sample playboy, or girl, I guess. 

"Your girlfriend eats very well!" a lady commented to Sunggyu.

"We're not dating," I tried to say but he pulled me away to the next lady before I could finish.

"Here. Try this," Sunggyu said giving me something and I ate it without thinking twice.

"This is pretty good!" I said with my mouth full, "What was that?"

"Fermented sting ray," he said flatly, looking looking at me impressed. I nearly choked.

"What?! That's not funny. I could have been allergic to that!" I whined, but Sunggyu merely chuckled. 

We reached the register and waited in line. My feet were starting to hurt from so much walking around. It had been about at least four hours since we had started the shopping trip. Our turn came and we chucked all of the things on to the belt for it to be scanned. The clerk scanned each item at the speed of light and before I knew it the total was being displayed on the screen. My jaw dropped when I saw how much the stuff cost.

" 548,361 Won!?" I exclaimed. Sunggyu started to reach for his wallet after the shock registered and passed.

 

 

"Here. I'll pay," I took out some money, but my hand was pushed aside when Sunggyu handed the lady his card. She swiped it and handed it back after giving him a flirtatious look. We grabbed all of the bags somehow and left the store. We rode the bus back to the apartment complex and walked inside when the bus dropped us off. 

Sunggyu put a few bags down to put his passcode in and the door unlocked. We walked in to an empty dorm. We walked to the kitchen, set down the things, and put the food away. Seriously, with two people, things get done fast and the kitchen was fully stocked with enough food for seven people. I heard a creak behind me and turned around to see all of the members watching us.

"Sunggyu, I think I found the members," I said and turned around slowly to face him again.

"Ya! What do you guys think you're doing? Go back to your rooms," he said clearly annoyed with them trying to be spies. They scattered and left us alone.

Sunggyu turned to face me and seemed shy. My hands started to sweat just with the atmosphere the way it was.

"We haven't spent much time together, just us two, I mean. So I was wondering if...maybe...you want to go on a date with me? Or if that makes you uncomfortable, I can call it hanging out," he rushed the last part out. He was looking at the ground and me mind just stopped working.

"What do you think?" he asked snapping me back to my senses.

"That...would be great. I'd love to go on a date with you," I said with a shy smile. 

"Really?" Sunggyu asked with disbelief. I nodded my head. He gave me a smile that made his eyes disappear, which just made him 100x more adorable.

~

It was night time when we set out and that was sort of advantageous for us. Less people would recognize Sunggyu and that would make for a better time. One of my fears is that a sasaeng fan would see us and then start rumors about Sunggyu, causing Infinite's reputation would be ruined. 

We rode the subway to Jeongja-dong Cafe Street and as soon as we got back up to ground level, I the whole street was lined with coffee shops and book stores. All of them were small shops that seemed cozy the second you laid eyes on it. Light spilled out from each of the shops' windows as we passed them.

"Do you see any place that catches your eye?" Sunggyu asked me while looking around.

"Ne. That one," I pointed to a coffee shop that had a dark, modern interior. We walked to it and ordered.

"What do want to drink?" he asked me.

"Just some tea," I said. Sunggyu ordered for us and we waited for our drinks. When our order came, we picked a seat next to the tinted windows and watched people pass by. I sipped on my drink.

"How do you like Korea?" he asked me. I turned my attention to him.

"I'm really enojoying it. The food is great, the people are nice, and the city and nature are beautiful," I said with a small smile.  

"Do you ever feel homesick? You are far from home," Sunggyu asked.

"Not much right now because I'm busy. I'm sure once the holidays come I'll feel homesick," I said dreading that time. I guess I could go to a foreigner store and try to find things from back home....He nodded his head and looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"Can you help me speak in English?" Sunggyu asked me out of the blue.

"Sure. How are you?" I asked in my native tongue.

"I am good. How are you?" he asked back.

"I'm fine. Do you like your coffee?" I asked.

"It's good. I like the coffee here," Sunggyu said back. It was really cute how he was making an effort. Our small talk conversation went on until he got tired of it. We got up and left from the shop and thanked the people. He opened the door for me and thanked him while holding on to my drink. We walked on the sidewalk again, just strolling. The street lights and shop lights lit up the area making it a warm atmosphere.

There wasn't any conversation, but I enjoyed simply being in his presence. 

~

A/N: I'm sorry for the late update. I started yesterday, but had to sleep. Here it is, regardless. A semi-long chapter for you guys! Thank you for reading! Please comment and subscribe, if you want to! ^^