Meetings

Different Worlds

When I opened my door I saw L pinned against the wall by Sungyeol. Once Sungyeol saw where L was looking he turned towards me and greeted me while nudging L to do the same. I greeted them back in basic Korean, since that was what I was here to learn at Ewha.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Song Min Ra-imnida," I managed to say without stuttering.

I guess the other member heard the ruckus stop and Sunggyu was the first to come out.

He recognized me and gave a small greeting while ushering the MyungYeol couple inside. 

"I'm sorry for the noise. Those two are a little crazy," Sunggyu apologized to me.

"Don't worry about it. Did you enjoy the snacks?" I asked.

"Ne. The kids were really grateful for you buying their favorites. They said it gave them strength to make a better Infinite," he chuckled.

I smiled and told him goodnight. I went back to my room and had a menboong. 

I just talked to Infinite. I'm pretty sure that's just about every fangirl's dream. That and to marry their bias.

I decided to watch some TV to calm myself down since I would have to focus to understand what was going on. I just scrolled through the channels hoping something would catch my attention. When will they have Infinite on Hello Baby? I finally gave up and climbed back up to my bed. I guess I was really exhausted because I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, which usually never happens.

-------

I woke up the next morning to my alarm clock and got ready for the day. The weather forecast said it was going to be hot and sunny. I decided to wear capris and a cardigan with a white lacy top and sandals. I took the subway to get to Ewha and was giddy with excitement. Everything was so new and shiny to me. I couldn't believe that I wasn't dreaming. 

I looked for a map and tried to figure out how on the world I was ever going to get to class. Luckily, another foreigner was headed to the same place and helped me out. I learned that her name was Miranda and she came from Seattle. She had straight dark brown hair and a round face that looked slightly Asian and found out that she was half Filipina. 

We talked a little about how we got interested in Korea and I found out that she likes Infinite, too. Before I knew it, we arrived at our stop and walked to the Ewha campus.The campus was nothing short of beautiful. The glass library, the landscaping, everything was perfect in my eyes. I knew all the sleepless nights I had gone through in highschool had paid off. I was in the IB Programme and since I did well enough I was able to attend any university or college I wanted for free. I went to University of California, Long Beach and did an exchange program to Ewha. And here I am.  

I looked foward to class since it was something I wanted to do. It turned out that Miranda and I had the same class together and stayed by eachother's side throught the day. When class was over we went out to eat at a kimbap place and discussed things from class, about Korea, as well as our hometowns. Literally everything here fascinated me and my eyes were probably darting from one thing to the next. 

After we finished eating, we rode the subway back and parted ways. I had a little bit of homework so I finished that and got hungry again. I went out and bought some ddeokbokki at a street vendor. That's another thing really great about Korea: you can get food easily and for not that much money either.

I decided to straighten up my apartment since things were strewn everywhere. I unpacked my suitcases and hung up my clothes, put away my shoes, the list goes on. I actually really enjoy doing thigs like that. It made me feel more at home.

I wanted to try out my cooking skills and made some hoddeok, which my family loved back home. I figured if I was lucky then Infinite would be home and I could give them the dessert. I went across the hall and knocked on their door to see if they were home. Soon I could hear someone shuffling towards the door and the door opened and revealed Hoya in his relaxing clothes. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Song Min Ra-imnida. I made these for Infinite. I hope you enjoy them," I said rushed and held out the plate towards the confused person. I saw another person come from behind in the same type of clothes. 

"What's going on Hoya?" Woohyun asked.

"Our neighbor made us hoddeok!" I was surprised at Hoya's excited reaction. 

"Really? It's been so long since I've had one. We can't go out beacuse we'll be recognized, so this means a lot to us," Woohyun said after sending me some grease.

"Yah! Why is the door open?" I heard Sunggyu shout. Hoya stuffed his face with the hoddeok so Woohyun had to use his powerful vocals and to yell back at Sunggyu.

"WE GOT MORE FOOD FROM OUR NICE NEIGHBOR!"

I heard what sounded like a buffalo herd come to the door.

"Where's the food!?"  

"I want some!"

"Hey! Don't eat all of it!"

What used to be a full plate of hoddeok was now empty and even the paper plate was gone. I started laughing and Sungjong must've heard me because he turned his attention to me.

"Did you make these?" he asked.

"Ne. Did they taste okay?" I wasn't sure what they would think of a foreigner's cooking.

"They were much better than okay! They were delicious! It's nice to have homemade cooking again."

 

"Kids! We need to thank Min Ra-shii!" Sunggyu said.

"Hana, deul, set! Gamsabnida!" they all said at once.

"No problem. You guys deserve it for all of your hard work," I said shyly.

"Can you cook for us more?" Sungyeol asked.

"If it's okay with your leader and it doesn't conflict with your schedules."

"It's fine. It's fine. Come in!" Sunggyu welcomed me.

Their apartment was really large and it looked like the same one from Birth of a Family. I was guided toward the kitchen and Sunggyu helped me prepare jjajangmyun. I thought it was really sweet of him, but he probably thought of it as his duty as the leader. When reaching for the bowls to serve the food in, our hands brushed and it felt like electricity passed through my fingers. I felt my cheeks heat up and I apologized. 

"No. It's okay," Sunggyu said quietly back, "By the way, your Korean isn't too bad."

"Thank you. I'm going to Ewha to study as an exchange student. I'll be here for two years," I said cheerily. Talking to him was getting easier bit by bit.

When dinner was ready, Sunggyu called everyone to come eat, they set the table and chatted amongst themselves. It seemed like everyone was pretty excited for dinner to be served. When we had all sat down, they attacked the food and kept telling me how good of a cook I was while Sunggyu reminded them that he helped too. Ater a while the converstation turned to who was my favorite in Infinite. 

"So, this information is very important for us to know. Who is your favorite in Infinite?" Woohyun asked me.

When everyone was waiting for my answer Woohyun kept sending me hearts, Hoya was dancing, Dongwoo was laughing at nothing, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were fighting over their food, Sungjong was eating his food like a normal person, and Sunggyu stopped eating and was staring at me for an answer.

"Sunggyu oppa," I said while my face decided to be embarrassing and I blushed. Everyone turned their eyes towards Sunggyu whose eyes had widened in surprise and was smiling. 

"Chinja?! You like me the best?" he asked in disbelief. I nodded my head and saw Sunggyu do a little victory dance.

"Hyung. Stop, you're embarrassing us!" Sungjong whined. Everyone laughed, but I saw Sunggyu smile at me and his cheeks seemed a little bit more pink.

-------

 

 

A/N: So this chapter ended up being a food chapter. I hope it wasn't boring. On another note, thank you to the new subscribers and thank you for the support!  And thank you to GeniusGyuGraphics for the cute poster! ^^