Worried Sick

Different Worlds

I woke up to irritating buzzing noises and I flung my arm around to find my phone. It clattered on to the wooden floor and I opened my eyes to pick it up. There wasn't any need to turn the screen on because it was constantly being lit up with notifications from various accounts I was following for Infinite related stuff. 

"What is this?" I asked myself as I scrolled down and there didn't seem to be any end. I rubbed my eyes and my mind was still piecing together the snippets of information that I grasped from glancing over the Korean text. I stopped scrolling and my stomach dropped. 

"INFINITE'S Sunggyu seen with an unidentified woman." I swiped to unlock my phone and view the entire the article. There were several pictures of Sunggyu from photoshoots and then an article on what the title stated as well as an interview with a fan that wished to remain anonymous. I went to the bottom of the page to the comment section and was greeted with negative comments. I spotted a couple kind netizens who were defending and thinking about how the woman would feel. But those were only a few in a sea of hate.I felt like I was about to throw up. I shut off my phone and groaned.

I was pretty sure that the drama that was happening was because of me. I felt tears beginning to prick my eyes and I took a shaky breath in. Panic started to choke me and it seemed like the world was going to end. This was much worse than a rumor. This was almost synonymous to a death sentence. You've got thousands of angry fans from around the world hating your guts and people's careers on the line. 

About a week later I became sick. My head was pounding, my throat was raw, and my body ached. Not to mention I had a fever and waves of nausea made me want to die. I guess I had literally worried myself sick. Ever since those articles about Sunggyu and that mystery woman came out I wasn't sleeping or eating. Guilt plagued me every waking hour and I couldn't stand to even visit the Infinite boys out of fear that someone would be watching. 

"Anyong~Mi Ra. Are you there? Why are you not accepting my heart? Jebal~" Woohyun's aegyo voice coming out made me smile. He knocked a few times and then was interrupted. 

"Yah! Stop infecting her with your grease!" I heard Hoya yell. I chuckled, grateful for their humor.

"Yeah! And you know you shouldn't be trying to steal Sunggyu-hyung's woman!" Dongwoo said and was hushed by the other members.

"Mi Ra! We miss you. Are you taking care of your health? You are making us worried," Hoya's voice coming through the door. I felt my heart warm up at his words. It was nice to know that someone cared for you so far away from home. It was like a ray of antibiotics in my sickness filled world. I tried to get up to let them know that I was listening, but my churning stomach was not of any help.

"I have lemon candies!" Sungjong tried to bribe me and Sungyeol scolded him for that. 

"I apologize for their...uh...actions," Myungsoo said formally and I could hear scuffling and a "HYUNG. I tried to apologize for them!" 

"Mi Ra-yah. Are you there?" A short pause ensued and I waited to hear from that voice. More scuffling and protesting. The knocks at my door stopped and everything became absolutely silent again.I waited some more and tried to ignore my body being stupid. A little beep came from my phone and I reached to check it. 

-Please open the door~ I have something for you.

-Who is this?

-I am your Light kekeke. Can you send me the number to open your door?

-First, some questions. What did I score on my Korean tests? How long will I be staying?

-100% And two years. There, did I pass?

I sent him the password and heard the front door beep open and someone sliding their shoes off. I saw a head of reddish-brown hair that turned looking for me. Sunggyu's beautiful eye smile appeared when he found me on my loft bed and he walked over to the ladder that led upwards. He started climbing slowly due to his old age and stopped when we were eyelevel. 

"Hey. Are you sick? You don't look too good," Sunggyu pointed out the obvious. I nodded and wanted to ask him something but kept forgetting because sleep was calling my name. 

"Kya~ How could you do that?" he gently scolded me and I pouted."What's that?" the leader asked when he saw my expression.

"The side effects of being sick," I joked. I suddenly had that great moment when you remember what you wanted to say after forgetting.

"Oh yeah. How did you get my number?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. He gave me a mischevious smile and rubbed the back of his neck. I became afraid of the answer.

"Well, you see, Igotitfromasasaengfan," Sunggyu rushed out and I facepalmed. He reached up and pulled my hands away from my face.

"Woah. Relax. That's not going to help you recover," he advised and I plopped down on my bed again. "Are you hungry?"

My stomach decided that that moment would be a good idea to grumble. Sunggyu smiled and I blushed. 

"What kind of food do you want?" he asked while getting out his phone.

"The kind that makes the sickness go away," I told him frankly. I wasn't quite sure if I was going to be able to keep the food down, but sometimes you have to live a little. I watched him dial the number into his phone and wait for someone to pick up. Sunggyu looked happy and carefree. Soon that would change because of my actions. Guilt washed over me. He glanced in my direction and I showed him a small smile. My stomach twisted into knots and I wasn't sure if it was becuase I was nervous around him or because of the guilt that constantly lingered around me. 

"I guess now I'm going to have to change my number due to the fact that a fan has it now too," I sighed and rubbed my temples. Sunggyu looked at me with an apology and puppy eyes.

"Don't do that. You're going to make me feel bad for you when I'm the one suffering here," I whined.

"So, are you saying that my presence is making you suffer? If that's so, then I'll just leave," and he walked towards the exit when I protested. 

Sunggyu walked back towards me on my bed and chuckled. He climbed a rung higher than before and leaned his face over mine. We looked at each other and I felt heat rising to my cheeks, which I immediately became subconscious of. As if it wasn't enough that I was blushing, I looked like death with my dark circles and pale complexion. He lowered himself another few inches so that we were so close I could see myself in his dark orbs. 

Gradually he came closer and time seemed to stop. A small smile played on his lips as he looked at mine. Sunggyu brought his hands up and placed them on the sides of my face while leaning on the bed. I honestly felt like I was in heaven. He closed his eyes as he inched closer and I followed suit. 

A knock startled us both and my eyes opened to see how close we actually were. So close...but yet so far. He jumped down to answer the door and it turned out it was the delivery guy. Sunggyu paid and helped me get down saying that exercise is good when you're sick. He seemed slightly shy from the event earlier and I found that really cute. 

Sunggyu set everything up and pulled out my chair for me. I sat down and surveyed the food he ordered. Good, healthy porridge was in front of me and I looked foward to eating all of it. I got my spoon and ate. I felt a pair of eyes on me and looked up with the spoon halfway to my mouth. 

"What?"

"Nothing."

 

-------

A/N: It's been a long time hasn't it? I apologize for the wait. I was contemplating taking my stories down beacuse I feel that my plots need time to become better. I also was waiting for a time I really wanted to update and that turned out to be today! School has been taking up a lot of life and I like to take my time on these updates. Here it is though! Hope you guys enjoy. 

InfiniteInfinitely^^

-------