Arrival

Different Worlds

There wasn't any turning back. I already boarded the plane and took my seat. I had told my parents that I was leaving a month ago. Already made the decision to make a new life for my self.

I hated bidding my parents goodbye, but it was my dream to go to Korea as cheesy as that sounds. In order to provide them with some comfort, I told them that I would talk to them on Skype and I would try to call or text them as often as I could. I just wanted to show them that I was going to be happy and taken care of.

The pilot's voice broke through my thoughts.

"Prepare for take-off in 10 minutes."

Here we go. Into a whole different world.

----

I arrived in Seoul, South Korea at 8:00pm. I was worn out from the long flight and the excitement that pestered me whenever I tried to close my eyes. I was awe struck. It blew my mind that I was standing on the opposite side of the world. 

All of the passengers disembarked the plane and headed their own ways. I went to pick up my luggage and flagged a taxi. That night it looked as if it was going to rain.

A taxi quickly picked me up and took me to my destination. I arrived quickly and booked a room in a hotel just before it started pouring. 

Tomorrow I was going to purchase my place at an apartment complex.

My family was somewhat wealthy, so I didn't have to worry about the down payment on the apartment. I paid for everything else, though: my ticket, monthly rent, food, all that glamorous stuff.

I set my luggage by the door and flopped down on the hotel matress. I suddenly felt a pang of longing for home, to be in my own bed. I let out a sigh and stared at the ceiling.

"You better get your rest, Min Ra. Tomorrow you're going to need every ounce of energy to get through the day," I muttered to myself before allowing the steady rain drops to lull me into a delicate slumber.

 

-------

A/N: Thank you to GeniusGyuGraphics for the poster! ^^