Show

Different Worlds

"Hyung! Are you in there? We have to leave now for our recording session or else manager-hyung is going to kill us!" Dongwoo's voice came through the door along with a few knocks. Sunggyu stood up and offered me a hand. I stared at it for a few seconds before he grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I squinted my eyes at him and walked to the door. I opened it and Sunggyu stepped in front of me before I could say anything.

"I know. Just give me a few minutes, okay? I'll be right out," Sunggyu told the younger and closed the door. He turned around to face me. 

"I'm sorry for having to leave so soon. I promise to make it up to you," he told me with a serious face which confused me. I tilted my head to the side.

"Why are you so serious all of a sudden?" I asked him with a little chuckle to lighten the atmosphere. Sunggyu took a step closer to me and I leaned back a bit, unfamiliar with close proximity. He bent down a little bit to my eye level.

"This is going to happen a lot. I don't want you to think bad of me in the future or hold any grudges," he stated. I nodded showing that I understood and averted my eyes. I could feel my cheeks going pink which happened rountinely when Sunggyu was around. The quietness was broken when another round of knocks began on my door. I stepped around him and opened the door to six guys pretending my door was a drum.

"You know if you do that, I won't have a door left, right?" I smiled at their reactions and motioned for Sunggyu to go with them. He gave me an uncertain look and stepped outside to join his other members. I waved goodbye and saw them walk towards the elevator chatting amongst themselves.

~

Miranda and I practiced for about a month everyday before it was time to perform. I honestly think that we should have gotten extra-credit because that dance was so difficult to learn. I guess it was a smidgen easier because we had five less people, still where's our extra-credit? 

Usually I don't feel nervous until right before something happens. And this was one of those cases. Twenty minutes before the performances started I felt the blood draining out of my face, my hands started getting clammy, and my stomach started hurting. I was practicing the dance in my head and going through it for the millionth time. 

Loud screams and the sound of a crowd moving disturbed me from my practicing. I peeked around the curtains and saw seven men with dark hoodies and face masks. I retreated from the curtains and felt the pressure increase to 1000x it was before. I tried to go back to reviewing the dance moves and that offered a momentary distraction. Miranda came up to me and tapped my shoulder.

"We're up next," she mouthed to me. I nodded taking in deep breaths to calm myself. The audience wasn't that big, thank goodness, but I was never a fan of standing in front of a crowd of people. The announcer, AKA, the teacher, called Miranda and me to the stage. I took one last deep breath before walking out rather reluctantly. 

The lights blinded me slightly and the beginning drum beats started. I blanked out the moment the song started. I still have no idea how I made it through that performance without falling off the stage or something. The music finished and I heard lots of applause along with some cheering from the guys that looked oddly familiar. Miranda and I bowed and walked off the stage. As we were walking, I felt relief and happiness that the whole thing was done. 

We watched the others from our class perform. The presentation took about an hour and we waited afterwards for the crowd to leave, so we could get our grade and pick up the chairs. The guys from earlier approached us and took off their face masks along with their hoods. I chuckled at INFINITE'S ensemble.

"Hello! It's nice seeing you guys here and stuff, but how did you know to come?" I asked.

"While your friend was leaving I aksed her which school you went to and when the performance would be held," Dongwoo said. I turned to look at Miranda.

"Why didn't you tell me that you told them?" I whined. Several of the members found my distress to be funny.

"I..um..forgot?" she responded. I sighed and got over it. Not like there was anything that could be done about it now. Sunggyu pulled me aside when everyone else was talking to Miranda. We went outside to the courtyard where most of the plants were starting to die from the change of seasons. 

Sunggyu turned me to face towards him. He was smiling a lot and seemed really happy. His eyesmile was unbelievably adorable and I couldn't help but to look into it.

"You did really great today. It makes me feel happy that you did so well while dancing to our song. I wish you would've showed me first and then I could've poked fun at you," he said. 

"Thank you. I was really nervous about it and then I saw you guys in the crowd and I felt even more nervous about it. I actually blanked out when the music started," I said quietly. Sunggyu chuckled at my answer. 

"So I thought about how I could make up for leaving early a while ago and for when you couldn't come over for movie night. Sometime we should catch a movie together," Sunggyu offered with a hopeful look. 

"Me?" I asked pointing to myself. For some reason this was harder to believe than when we went out for coffee. He nodded his head and waited for an answer.

"Ne. That sounds good," I said. I spotted some girls with phones up and I panicked.

"Uhh..Sunggyu-shii, I think we might be being watched," I said and over to where the girls were. He grabbed my hand and started power walking to get back inside. The girls gasped when they saw what Sunggyu did and began to follow us. He picked up speed so that were almost at a run. 

"Crap. I didn't expect them to be here. It wasn't on our schedule to come," Sunggyu told me while we ran. He pulled open the door and made me go in first. I took his hand since I knew the place and knew some good hiding places. We ran past countless classrooms and took sharp turns to lose the mini-mob following us. A janitor's closet came up on the left and I pulled Sunggyu towards it like it was the last I would do in my life. It probably would have been if we hadn't hid. 

Luckily, it was unlocked and we went in at the same time. I shut the door and waited for the sound of running to pass us. While catching my breath, I noticed how close the two of us were. I looked up at Sunggyu. He was running his hands through his hair and pacing around in a small circle. I found an empty corner and sat down with my head in between my legs. I felt tears pricking my eyes. I was afraid that Infinite's career and image were going to go crumbling down. I had ruined everything.

Tears dropped off of my cheeks and onto the floor. Sunggyu came to sit next to me. 

"Why are you crying?" he asked. I sniffled and wiped away any tear streaks.

"I ruined your career," I stated, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to come out. He chuckled.

"Don't worry about it. The company will take care of it," Sunggyu said trying to assure me. I shook my head.

"They're still going to start rumors and then there goes all your hard work," I said. 

He put his hands on the sides of my face and I looked up to see a side of Sunggyu that I hadn't seen before, protective. He leaned in and lightly put his lips on my forehead. 

"I don't want to see you cry ever again. Got it?"