Surfacing

Different Worlds

I opened the door just a crack to check if the coast was clear. Once I was sure that no one was near, I opened the door more and stepped out. I let out a sigh of relief and gave Sunggyu a signal to come out. He peered his eyes around the door to double check and then stepped out to close the door behind him. When Sunggyu did that he looked like a little kid whose dream it was to be a spy or FBI agent. 

I inwardly chuckled and proceeded to guide him back to the second auditorium where everyone else was. I checked each hallway before we went through it to make sure we wouldn't be ambushed with reporters and screaming, angry fangirls. Everytime I heard a teacher or student wall down the hall I was like a deer caught in headlights. I froze, my eyes would turn into saucers, and then whoever it was would give me a strange look as I apologized to them for my strange behavior. 

We slowly, but surely made it back. Infinite was looking around and laughing. Dongwoo was seperate from the rest I noticed. He was talking to someone, but he was standing in front of them. The door shut behind Sunggyu and me, making a loud clanging sound. The people that were left in the room turned their attention to us, but turned back to whatever they were doing before. The members' attention lasted a bit longer when Hoya approached us. 

"So where were you guys? We were waiting for you to come back and I had to tell manager-hyung that you went out to get some air," Hoya said with a tone that obviously told he was not happy. 

"Well, that is, to an extent, true. I asked Mi Ra to show me around the school, so that's why we took so long. The campus is much larger than you would expect!" Sunggyu brushed it off. Hoya gave him a suspicious and unamused look directed at the two of us then walked away to play Candy Crush on his phone. 

The door opened and Infinite's manager walked in. All of the boys stopped what they were doing and got ready to leave again. Dongwoo walked over to the others and I could see who he was chatting with. Miranda waved goodbye and walked towards me. I gave her a look of surprise because I thought she would have self-destructed from being so close to her ultimate bias. 

Sunggyu shifted on his feet and cleared his throat. I turned my attention back to him. 

"I'll see you later," he said before walking off to join the rest of his group. I waved at him and he returned a discreet one back. Their manager did a head count before escorting the seven out. The place felt less bright and more dreary when they left. I let out a small sigh and picked up the music and my backpack. I slung my bag over my shoulder while I waited for Miranda to get her stuff together. 

As we walked off campus I decided to ask her about what she thought of today.

"I saw you talking to Dongwoo. How was that?" I asked with a mischevious smile.

"Why are you saying it like---," she said before I cut her off.

"Like this?" I said and wiggled my eyebrows. 

"Yes. It's not like we did anything shady. And it was fine, thank you very much," Miranda defended with light sass. I a bit more before we had to part ways. 

"See you sometime!" I called out to her as she walked towards the small fashion studio that she interned at. I watched her go inside and I continued on my way to get to the subway station. 

At first, I didn't realize that anything seemed off, but as my footsteps remained the only ones I could sense everything wasn't quite right. I pulled out my phone and pretended I was making a call to discourage anything from happening. However, that tactic didn't last for long when the atmoshpere only turned more strange.

I looked behind me and saw a Korean teenage girl probably about eighteen or nineteen. I have no idea how she managed to keep her footsteps completely silent. I walked faster in hopes of running into more people sooner. The entrance to the subway station I usual go to seemed more safe than usual. I broke out in a full sprint and dashed down the stairs. Adrenaline kicked in and I slipped in between people walking too slow while apologizing and swiped my card at light speed to get past the barriers.

A subway was just boarding and I made a mad dash to get in. I didn't even bother to look to check if that girl was still following me. All of the seats were taken by elderly folks, so I had no choice except to stand up. I caught my breath in the ten minutes it took to get back home. 

The doors opened and I walked out feeling triumphant that I had escaped the girl. I made my typical journey to my apartment. I was humming an Infinite song and checking my email. I heard heavy, quick footsteps behind me and glanced behind. I didn't have to to know it was another angry fan. 

There wasn't enough time to do anything except put my arms up to hopefully protect myself. She collided with me and we both fell down on the sidewalk. I tried to shield my head and ended up having my hands pinned down on the pavement by the girl.

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE NEAR MY OPPA, YOU FOREIGNER!" she screamed in my face while I was down. I moved my face away from her and pushed her off of me.

I struggled to get them from her grip and scraped my wrist bones which started to bleed, but I was too preoccupied in getting up to notice. 

"DON'T YOU DARE EVER GO NEAR HIM AGAIN!" she screamed again. I started to back away from her and she only came closer. For the first time I actually felt scared something might happen to me. No one was around us and no one was around to help. If I tried to reach my phone she'd probably hit it out of my hand. I considered my options without much hope that any of them would work except for running. 

"Don't you understand what I'm saying to you? I would figure as much that you didn't, you little ****. You think you can come here and taint our culture and our idols, huh?" she said in a dangerouly low tone as she walked closer to me. I backed into a wall and she took that opportunity to trap me. 

"Your oppas wouldn't be proud of you doing this," I said with clenched teeth. I was bracing myself for the worst. I didn't want to hit her because that would make things even worse. She gave me a shocked look that I would speak, let alone in Korean.

" It turns out that the **** isn't a complete idiot. But, why would that be? Is it because I'm being proactive? Because I'm helping to keep their careers intact? Without us they wouldn't be this popular. It's only natural that we want to get rid of people that could bring them down," she said, backing off a little. She considered for a few minutes and decided to let me go.

"Next time we catch you doing something with our husbands, well, you'll regret coming to our country," she told me in a menacing tone. I sprinted off in the direction of my apartment with her yelling one more thing to me.

"DON'T FORGET WHAT I SAID, FOREIGNER!"

------

A/N: Here's another update! I forgot to put one of these in the last one. I don't think many of you missed it, though. Please~ tell me your Gyus thoughts and such. I have the next chapter about half way planned out and I might update early if I hear some comments~ I don't know if that's your thing or not...Thank you to the new subbies! I appreciate the support! Remember to comment, upvote, and subscribe if you feel it's worth it! 

-InfiniteInfinitely ^^