Jongin ?

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stayed frozen at the same spot , puzzling that woman who was standing right in front of me .

After few seconds , Jongin came down to see who was at the door and stood behind me , his hair is still wet and was wearing random shirt and pants.

'Who's there?' He said before looking at the woman and he totally got shocked .

'Hi...Jongin.' The woman said which caused me and Jongin to look at each other. How did she know his name.

'What are you doing here?' Jongin asked angrily .

Before she spoke up , a voice came out from behind and it was Jongin.

'Jongin-ah , good ...' Soojung didn't finish her sentence when she saw me standing in front of Jongin, 'I knew it ! I knew that i will caught you up with her ! You refused to sleep with me because of her?' She kept lying .

'What?' Jongin , the woman and I said at the same time .

'It's not what you think Soojung!' Jongin said while face palming himself .

Soojung walked away and he had to go follow her to explain the situation she found us in .

I ignored them and looked back to that woman and spoke again : 'Who are you?'

'Can we talk , Yeonhee?' She asked calmly without taking off her sunglasses.

Oh God ! How did she know my name ? Is she a spy or what ? She doesn't look like mom at all even if I don't remember mom's face a lot & I don't even have a picture of her .

'Do you know Lim Seomin?' I finally asked .

She looked down and talked : 'Let's go to your house and talk , shall we?'

I did as she said. I went back to my house. I got to my room and started roaming around like a crazy person. My mind was full of thoughts and predictions."Who is she? why is she here ? how does she know my name and Jongin's name? It's so confusing ..." I kept thinking of these questions but no answer.

I came out of my room and found her sitting on the couch , waiting for me.

'I see you don't have any picture of your mother , right?' She looked at me when I sit in front of her.
'Stop asking and start talking.' I crossed my arms over my chest .

She chuckled then started talking : ' Hello Yeonhee. I'm Kim Hyojin. I'm your mother's co-worker and her friend.' She smirked .

'Co-worker? Friend?' I confusingly said , 'Then why are you following me like a spy or something?'

'You know nothing about your mother's work right ?' She asked.

'How Am I supposed to know ? I haven't seen her for 13 years !' I said angrily .

'Well ... Your mother and I are secret agents , like you said "spies" but in a good way.'

'Is this some kind of a hidden camera ?' I chuckled.

'Do I look like I'm kidding?' She answered me back , 'your mother knows every single step you make since she left Korea , don't say that she left because she was selfish , but because she wanted to protect you.'

'Bull.' I scoffed and turned my face .

'She is now living in Switzerland but soon she'll come back to Japan. She even has changed her name. "Lim Seomin" is dead .' She continued talking .

'Dad doesn't know about that?' I calmly said .

'No and he must not know .' She affirmed .

'Why do I feel like it's a joke?' I ironically laughed .

'You're still young , you'll admit it someday. She's the one who sent me to you so , at least , you get to know half of the truth.'

'Does she know that I still exist?' I mumbled .

She smiled and said : ' She's your mother after all Yeonhee. Anyways I came her in order to let you know that . Don't let your father know.' She stopped then talked again : 'Oh and the people who keep coming home , these are people who kept looking for your mother for a very long time. Be aware.'

I slowly nodded but there's one question on my mind: ' What's her name?'

She smiled while standing up and headed over the door then turned to me , I was behind her for an answer but she only said : 'One more advice for you , don't ever leave Jongin's side.'

'Why?' I asked .

'He didn't tell you ?' She replied which made me get confused .

I went to school alone, so frustrated of what I heard from that so-called "Hyojin". All I had in mind was that my mother is still alive and she knows everything about my life. I was sad, upset, angry but at the same time worried about mom & certainly my future.

I got into the school, looking for my class even though I didn't come late. I felt my phone snoozing on my coat's pocket but didn't answer because I knew it was Chanyeol .

I entered the class and was welcomed by Hyemi. She was smiling before her face dropped when she saw me looking like a trash .

'What's wrong? Is there something bad happen?' Hyemi asked.

'Where's Jongin?' I directly asked .

'I saw him with Soojung but ...' Hyemi was about to finish her sentence until she heard Jongin's voice behind me .

'Here you are! I was calling you!' Jongin said when he put his hand on my shoulder to make me face him.

Furiously and without thinking, I turned around and slapped hard at his face. Everyone in the class gasped , shocked of my act .

'You liar! How dare you?' I said with teary eyes.

He didn't answer. He kept looking down. He knew why I hit him.

'You know everything, yet you hid it.' I yelled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter