I miss you

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jongin?" was the last thing I said before the other person put a sheet over my mouth that made me faint .

I remembered nothing of what happened earlier . I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in a dark room. I kept looking around to see where Was I. I was tied up strongly to the chair that I couldn't even move. My mouth was covered with some fabric. I tried to scream or move but in vain . 

I started hearing whispers out side of the room. Suddenly , a bunch of men came in. I couldn't see their faces clearly because of the darkness. I felt a breath on my neck which made me got frozen .

'My princess is awake.' A man said keeping his lips so close to my neck , 'Remember me?'

He said and turned to face me . It was him , the guy that came to my house that day and threatened me .

He took the fabric out of my mouth and kept looking at me as if he was going to eat me .

'Leave my dad alone.' I stated , anger flying out my eyes.

He laughed out loud then looked back at me : 'Oh we left him alone , we have you now.'

He signed to one of his men and he got a chair to sit on right in front of me. He put both of his hands on my thighs .

'Your dad didn't tell you anything sweetie ? He was with us few days ago !' He stopped , 'Didn't you miss him?'

I looked at him in shock . I didn't know that dad was kidnapped by these men . Then why did they take me ? 

He snapped his fingers to get me out of my thoughts and spoke again : 'We thought he'll tell us about your mom but he kept denying that .'

He leaned comfortably on his chair and looked at me from head to toe : ' So you will tell us .'

I kept quiet until he held my chine tightly to make me speak and of course I had to lie : ' I know nothing .'

'Oh well ... I'm pretty sure that you know ... that your mother is dead .' He smirked .

How did he know that ? Was he looking for mom for a long time ?

'Oh that look in your face says that you don't know ... awe poor thing.' He pouted.

I looked down to hide my face , pretending that I know nothing about. I heard him getting papers . I stole a glance to see what was he holding , which were pictures .

'So this is your mom . This is your dead mom . And this is the person that your mom killed .' He showed me the pictures. 

Was that really mom ? I kept looking at the picture that showed her face up-close . It's been 13 years I didn't see that smile , 13 years I haven't seen her face . But , who was that last person ?

'This person was my father.' The man said , 'He used to my father & she killed him!' He yelled at my face. I even closed my eyes because he was so close to me .

'She killed him to save the nation , that's what they said . Nation  my .' He threw the pictures away .

Save the nation ? Mom used to work as secret agent for the Korean Republic ? Why would she escape her own country while she was the one who had to protect it ?

'Then ... what do you want from me? The person that you want is dead . Now let go me.' I calmly said .

He laughed and stood up , put his hands on his waist and turned to face the wall : 'Like mother , like daughter . Still hiding it ?' He came by my side and put his hand on my shoulder : 'Do you think we're still buying it ? The fake death of your mom ? '

How did he know that ? That mom faked her death ?

He spoke again : ' We took your dad as a hostage but , just like you , he kept on denying the whole scenario . He begged us to release him because it's been a very long time since he saw your mom .' He got on his knees , ' Your mom is a bad mommy , leaving her family to protect the country. But i'm sure that she will appear if she knows that her child has been kidnapped . And just like she sent my father home in a box , I will do the same if she doesn't come and pay for what she has done. ' His last words really creeped me out . 

As soon as he got his gun from the man who was standing next to the door , he pointed it directly at me .

'Right through your heart , miss.' He smirked .

I was shaking . Is this really the end of me ? Why is this happening to me ? Why did my destiny drive me here ?

Uncontrollably , I started to move in all ways to release myself from the tight ropes around me then I started screaming for help even if I don't know where I am .

'No need to tire yourself honey, no one can hear you nor save you .' He smiled cruely and was about to pull the trigger.

Out of nowhere , we heard the sound of running people out side of the room and suddenly they jumped in the room . They were the police .

'Put your gun down!' One of them screamed out loud.

I freaked out of what was happening and tried to move away from the gun when that man kept saying : 'You must die! You must die ! '

Quickly , he pulled the trigger before the police held him and hit me on my chest . Right under my left collarbone , all I could see had faded to black . I fainted while hearing a voice screaming : 'Yeonhee! NO !'

Am I dead ? Am I dreaming ? Why didn't I wake up after what happened ? How did they know about my place ? What is going on ?

I kept hearing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter