Why do I still love you ?

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin's POV :

I kept looking through the window of my room to see when that police women would leave and finally I spotted her and Yeonhee at the front door bowing to each other .

I ran down stairs to go and talk to that police woman : 'Ah Miss , hello.' I bowed .

'Oh Kim Jongin ? Do you live here ? '

I nodded , 'is she okay now ?'

'Yes. Don't worry about her ! She's strong ... just like her mother . ' She smiled.

'Did you ... tell you her what happened ? ' I confusingly asked .

'Of course . She had to know .' She got closer to me , 'Don't leave her alone . Protect her just like her mother told you .' She patted my shoulder , 'You should date!' She laughed .

'Eh? Date? Ah ... we're not like that Miss ...' I rubbed the back of my head shyly .

'Aie I was kidding !' She laughed again .

'Ah yeah ..I can see that ...' I looked down to hide my flashed cheek .

'Teens tsk. Anyways , thank you for helping . Goodbye Jongin. ' She bowed .

'Have a nice day Miss . ' I bowed .

Date ? Us ? ... what ? haha . 

I looked back and decided to take a look at how she was doing . I was worried about her since she left the hospital .

I got into her house , her father didn't seem to be there so I left the door a little bit open not to make noise and headed over her room to see if she was there . I leaned on the door .

I found her ,laying on her back , looking at ceiling , probably thinking of everything that the woman told her . 

I kept observing her : Her hair was all over her bed and her shirt was stretched up a little bit and showed a glimpse of her milky stomach . Even whe she was doing nothing , she was beautiful .

Slowly she turned her head to my way and found me looking back at her . Quickly , she jumped off of her bed and faced me standing .

'The police told me everything... thanks.' she slowly spoke .

I took a deep sigh then looked back to her : ' You ok now ?'

She shyly nodded .

We kept looking at each other , none of us moved or talked again . I wanted to hug her tight , I actually missed her so much but I couldn't do anything but starring at each other .

'She said she misses you.' Finally spoke again . Her mom called me last night to make sure Yeonhee was ok but she only told me to say that .

She looked down , trying not to cry or break down . She looked probably sad than happy to hear about her mom all over again .

We hadn't anything to say so I decided to leave her house and go to school by myself , She was still sick . Slowly walking out her room heading to the front door , I felt her arms clinched around me , tightly . 

I froze for a moment & I couldn't breathe . That hug gave me chills ad made the hair of the back of my neck stood up . It has been a while I didn't get a hug from her , but this time was really different .

'I miss you.' She calmly said .

Did she say "I miss you" or it was my brain who made up that ? She said it , she really did .

I hesitantly moved my palms . I wanted to hold her shaking hand . I wanted to tell her the same thing , to tell her that I missed her too .

When I was about to say that , Hyemi came into the house .

'Ah Yeonhee how can you leave the front door ..' She yelled then stopped when she saw us in that position .

In a blink of an eye , I removed Yeonhee's hands around me and mentally cursed Hyemi for coming in the wrong time . Totally wrong , Hyemi .

That look in her face was priceless . She was rather surprised more than normal . 

'Ah guys ! You're together again ? I'm happy for you guys !' She clapped then jumped to hug both us .

'Hyemi ! Can't breathe ! You're hurting me !' I said catching my breath .

'Hyemi ! My shoulder !' Yeonhee said .

'Ah sorry !' She smiled then looked at me, ' Can you leave now ? I wanna talk to Yeonhee! Bye !' She waved her hand right in front of my face .

'Ah ok ! Stop that ! I'll go !' I said annoyingly while looking back to Yeonhee who turned to her room .

I left the house , mumbling about how stupid and slow-minded person I was . I should've told her that I missed her too , right ? I'm such a stupid boy ! 

On my way home , I was stopped by someone who was screaming my name . At first I thought It was Yeonhee .

'You ! Jongin !' 

It was Soojung . It was 7 am ! Why did she come this early ! She's making me regret getting back to her , day by day . But what should I do , I still have that tiny glimpse of hope that she will get back to the way she was 4 years ago , that sweet girl Soojung .

'Why were you in Yeonhee's house ? You told me that you won't do that again ! You slept with her , again ?' She kept nagging . 

'I didn't do it in the first place to do it again !' I hit her on the forehead .

'Ouch that hurts !' She rubbed her forehead to ease the pain .

'Good morning.' I saluted her and headed over my house.

'Wait for me !' She ran after me and tugged into my shirt .

'Who's this ?' Mom asked surprisingly . She never saw Soojung before.

'Good morning Mrs.Kim , I'm Jongin's girlfriend , Soojung .' she bowed and smiled .

'Girlfriend?' Mom opened her eyes wide .

'Never mind!' I told her and grabbed Soojung to my room .

'Aha that's your room ! You should invite me more often .' She cockily looked at me and let herself fall on my bed . I kept looking at her . No one but Yeonhee sits on my bed .

'Oh you have an extra bed ! For whom ?' She asked when she saw Yeonhee's bed .

'Ah .. Oh yeah .. haha! It's Beakhyun's bed ! Sometimes we do some sleepovers . ' I tried to come up with a lie and literally face palmed in my head .

'Sleepover?' She laughed , ' Can I come ? I'm a mood maker , you know ?' She stood up and got closer to me .

We stayed few centimeters away from each other then she put her hands around my neck and looked me in the eyes : 'Now .. are you going to explain to me why you're always with Yeonhee ?'

'Me ? Um.. not always .. ' I shook my hand .

'Jongin .. I'm not that dumb ! You're not even holding my waist .' She angrily stated .

Oh yeah ... Well .. I didn't want to but I have to so I held her waist which made her get closer to me .

'That's my boy !' She smiled , 'Explain. Now.' 

'Yeonhee & I are best friends , that's it Soojung ! Why can't you get this into your head . We did nothing and we won't do anything . You're my girlfriend and Yeonhee has a boyfriend .' I had to tell her that to ease her mind .

'Um and how will I believe this ?' She looked in my eyes then to my lips . I felt her hands slowly going from my shoulder down to my stomach . That gave me chills. Was she trying to ?

'Not now Soojung?' I said and controlled myself .

'Why?' She whispered right against my lips .

'It's 7 am , we're in my room and mom's here .' I said with a poker face .

Her face fell off , I could clearly see that she was disappointed but that how it works . I shouldn't fall for her spell. I know she's my girlfriend but come on , can't she control herself .

'Let's go to school.' She said .

We got out of the house , when Yeonhee's door got opened and Hyemi got out . I went to talk to her and Soojung followed me .

'Yeonhee is not going to school?' I asked worryingly .

'No she will !' She answered then looked at Soojung disgustingly , ' Chanyeol called her , they will go together .'

'Ah .. that's good! Let's go Jongin.' Soojung interrupted .

'Ok let's go Hyemi .' I grabbed her by the arm .

'Eh? She's going with us?' Soojung asked while grabbing my shoulder .

'Yes I'm going ! I knew him before you did . ' She did and got her tongue out .

We were walking down the street , both girls were on each side of me , tugging on my shirt. I looked straight forward to see Chanyeol coming over us .

'Good morning .' He bowed .

'Hey Chanyeol. Yeonhee is waiting for you!' Hyemi said happily .

'Ah thanks.' He smiled .

'Should we wait for you guys?' I asked out of the blue . I wanted to see Yeonhee one more time .

'That's ok ! He's her boyfriend ! Let's get going !' Soojung said while pulling me .

'If you want we'll wait for you.' I screamed .

'Let's go!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter