What ?

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally , it's the weekend . I think this is the worst week i have ever had . I got a boyfriend , too caring but I actually have no feelings for him . Also , Jongin & I weren't acting the same like before : Soojung & Chanyeol kept us distant .

Friday midnight , I decided to text Jongin just because i missed talking to him .

"Dude , still alive?" , I sent .

He replied after few minutes : "Still awake too ?"

"Oh great , you finally replied . I'm going to call you."

I called him and he answered me . His voice was mixed with sleep and boredom .

'What?' , he shortly replied .

'Wow ! Is this how you answer your best friend ? Aha ... Is she next to you ?' , I replied half angry .

'Who? Soojung ? I never brought home with me , Yeonhee , remember?',he yawned .

'Oh the promise ... I get it ! Good boy. So?.. How's going ?'

'What do you mean ?' , he confusingly answered .

'IS that hard to get? I'm asking about your health , your daily life ...'

'Oh ... I'm fine & you ?'

'Good ... talking like strangers now ... Are you tired ?'

'Not really ... actually ... I'm confused ...' , He sighed .

'Why ? What happened ?'

'She's not the old Soojung that I used to know ... She has changed ...a lot ...'

He spoke the truth finally .

'How did you know that?' , I replied.

'I don't know ... maybe because we're ... older now? maybe ...'

Was she using lots of aegyo ?

'It's not about aegyo and those stuff ...', he took a deep breath , 'It's just ... ah ... she can't control her hormones or something !'

Aha ! She was acting y . Typical .

'And?' , I shortly said .

'I can't break our promise , you know ...' , he confessed .

Our promise ... He still remembered that ... But isn't he in love with her ?

'Don't you love her Jongin ? ' , I unconsciously said .

'... I don't know , Yeonhee ... I still don't know ... I'm confused , really ...',He sighed again .

'I don't know what to say ... Let's meet up tomorrow and I'm sure you'll find a way out of this ,ok?'

'Ok ... good night.'

'Good night.' , I hung up the phone .

Why was he acting like this ? He is with his dream girl and he still thinks of our promise ?

Our promise is simple : Don't make love just with the person you deeply love and you always will . It means that we should stay until we meet the right person .

It sounds ridiculous but we made this promise when we got our puberty time . We got to know stuff about our life and how teenagers nowadays are making the wrong decisions without controlling themselves .

No one knew about our promise even Hyemi & Baekhyun .

But why now ? I'm pretty sure any guy of our school would love to sleep with Soojung , but her boyfriend doesn't want that ? What is wrong with you Jongin ?

My phone rang . I thought it was Jongin again , but i looked to the screen it was Chanyeol . 

Should I answer ? Ah , I'm tired ...

'Hello?' , I said lazily the through the phone .

'Hey Yeonhee ! Did I wake you up ? ' , He said .

'Mmm not really ... what's wrong?'

'Nothing ... I just wanted to hear your voice ...' , he stopped , ' I miss you .'

I faked a giggle , ' 6 hours ago , we were together , Chanyeol .'

'I like it when you say my name ...' 

Is he drunk ? I really want to sleep ...

'Thank you.' Wait ... what? Is this how I should've answered ? 

He laughed on the other line ,'You're cute ... anyways , I wanted to tell you that my parents will come tomorrow to my apartment and I want to introduce you to them .'

What? Introduce me to them ? Who Am I ? His fiancee?

He caught off my thoughts , ' I know it's weird but I want you to meet them , I know they're not that cool but ... It's a family tradition actually .'

'I don't know Chanyeol ...' , I sighed .

'You're not busy tomorrow , you only work at Sunday & It's an opportunity for you to break the ice with me , right ?'

I sighed again and stopped for a while to think then talked again , 'Fine ...'

I want to break the ice as he said , besides , I won't loose anything .

'Good ! Ah i'm so happy right now ! I'll come tomorrow at 11 to pick you'He enthusiastically replied .

'No! Oh ... I mean ... Let's meet up in the public park ok?'

'Oh Ok , fine for me. Goodnight Angel .'

'Goodnight.' 

I hung up the phone and turned to face the ceiling . Oh , I'm going to meet his family ...Weird .

The morning came and I lazily got off of my bed , took a shower and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast.

'Oh ! You scared me !' , I jumped on my place when i saw Jongin laying on the couch ,playing with his phone .

'Is that how you say good morning?' , he looked at me .

'Since when you've been here?' , I ignored his request and opened the refrigerator .

'Since your dad left.'

'He came ?'

'Think so ...' , he said .

'How did you come here? If your girlfriend knows about this , she'll kill both of us and bury us in her own backyard' , I nodded .

'She's not that bad ...'

'She's a !What time is it by the way?', I took a sip of my mug of milk .

'Almost 10.'

'No way ! Oh God I totally forgot !' , I jumped off of my seat and went to my room .

'What?', he followed me.

'I'm going to meet Chanyeol's family at 11! '

'We talked yesterday and you didn't tell me!'

'Ah what should I wear ? This jeans or that jeans?' , I showed them to Jongin .

His shoulders dropped , ' You didn't answer me ! Wear a skirt , a dress , something girly !'

'So these jeans are better ! He called me after you hung up ! How should i talk to them ? He said they're cool ... I don't like cool people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter