In Denial

YulSic Cafe

Summary : Kwon Yuri is in the state of being in denial.

 


 

 

"Hi there, lover boy -- Oops, lover girl I mean." Greeted Hyoyeon as she spotted Kwon Yuri on the school cafeteria with some other group of friends. "Oh, come on, back off guys!" Grunted Yuri.

 

 

It was 7 a.m in her first class to be exact, when Kim Taeyeon one of her close friend plopped on the desk beside her, waving a picture of her carrying one of the school good looking woman Jessica Jung. It is then the whole teasing about her having a feelings for Jessica Jung started.

 

 

"I actually want to know how it happened Yuri-unnie." Beamed Im Yoona, her cousin who also study on the same school.

 

 

Yuri rubs her temple then sigh before explaining. "I told you, I was carrying a large pile of papers and I didn't see her, we collide into each other.. we both fall, she sprained her ankle and I've got no choice but to carry her to the infirmary." Said Yuri in one breath, earning an amazed look from her idiots group of friends.

 

 

"And I have no crush on her." Yuri added before glaring at her friends one by one.

 

 


 

 

Pile of folded papers falls off the moment Jessica Jung opens her locker, although it is not the first time her locker became flooded by random love letters she still find it annoying.

 

 

"Oh, people. Please save mother earth by using your papers in the most useful ways." She couldn't help but say aloud to no one in particular, well. Not no one, when Yuri suddenly appear out of nowhere looking at her puzzled.

 

 

"Ah, you need help with those?" Yuri said awkwardly and Jessica for a few seconds just look at her blankly making it much more awkward.

 

 

Both then looked away, "N-No, it's fine." Stuttered Jessica Jung, Yuri then bowed and started walking away.

 

 

"Idiot. You should've insist." Muttered Jessica under her breath, Yuri then once again show up when she said that. "Yes?" Said Jessica almost breathlessly, who knows that the beloved in the higher up will answer her wish.

 

 

Yuri scratches the back of her neck before saying. "I couldn't leave you here alone, so.. If you don't want my help, I'll just wait for you." They both shared eye contact for a seconds before they once again look away, now with a blush on their faces.

 

 

Unknown to them, they're not the only one there because just behind the closest door, Yuri's group of friends are sneaking while recording the whole moment.

 

 


 

 

The four, including Yoona, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung once cornered Yuri before the end of lunch break.. Taeyeon fish out her phone on her pants pocket and played the conversation that happened to Yuri and Jessica a couple of days ago, blush crept Yuri's face. She then tries to get away from her friends and ran away. Leaving the four shouting behind.

 

 

"Ah! Idiot, I should've be more careful." Yuri panted as she let herself sit on the staircase. "There's no way in hell I'm going to say to them that I like Jessica, when I haven't confess yet." She said to herself.

 

 

..But loud enough for someone to hear, "You what?" Yuri swears she almost fall off the stair when someone suddenly speak behind her.

 

 

Jessica was behind her wearing an expression she doesn't recognize. "A-Ah, w-well." Yuri stuttered, sweats forming in her forehead.

 

 

"I like you Jessica Jung." Yuri confessed then ran away, leaving Jessica who's about to say something, dumbfounded.

 


 

 

"Hi Yu--" Yuri rolled her eyes before saying, "Oh please. I don't like her, stop teasing me." Sooyoung who's the one that greeted Yuri scoffed. "Wow, mate. You're in denial, I was just about to greet you."

 

 

Yuri then slumped herself more on her seat. Feeling slightly defeated, "Seriously, mate. You have issue, why not go to the nearest mental hospital to get yourself a free check up and if you're lucky, you can get rehab program."

 

 

Yuri glares at the lanky girl beside her. "Oh, shut up. Will you? I'm thinking here."

 

 

Sooyoung fake a gasped. "OMG! Where the ing hell did you bring my friend!?! You're not Yuri! The word thinking don't exist on Yuri's vocabulary!! Who are you?!" Exclaimed Sooyoung dramatically, earning a laugh from the students on the same room and a smack in the head coming from the tan girl.

 

 

Sooyoung clears . "Geez, I was just kidding. No need for violence. Seriously, what's wrong with you?" She asked once again, Yuri looked away.

 

 

"..Well, fine. I like Jessica Jung alright.." Started Yuri, Sooyoung nodded. "And I kind of confess to her yesterday." She added.

 

 

Sooyoung look at her in disbelief, "So? The reason you're like this is because she rejected you?" Asked Sooyoung.

 

 

Yuri scratches the back of her neck before saying. "Actually, no. I ran away after I confess."

 

 

Sooyoung smack her in the head after she said that. "You're hopeless. Let's go, let me help you."

 

 


 

Yuri can be seen standing in the middle of their school field, amplifier next to her and mic on her right hand. Sweats also forming on her forehead while her group of friends are laughing at her from behind.

 

 

Almost all the student that has free time are also present, some chuckling while some clueless on what Kwon Yuri's doing. It is then Yuri finally got the courage to say what she want to say.

 

 

"This is for, Jessica Jung of class 2-C. This is Kwon Yuri from class D, the one you bumped into before and the one who carry you to the infirmary.." She paused, the whole place become silent.

 

 

 

Yuri looked back at her friends who are obviously giggling. She didn't forget to note to herself to kill them one by one later.. she then speak again. "I'm also the one who confessed to you yesterday, but I ran away." Yuri let out a nervous chuckle, she scans the crowd and didn't saw Jessica Jung so she once again continue.

 

 

"I'm sorry for running away, I'm just not so sure what to do since I keep on denying to my friends that I like you. Well, I really like you so if you're there somewhere, I want to know if you're willing to date someone like me." Yuri gulped as she finish.

 

 

Jessica was there all along, not too far behind Yuri's group of friend so the moment she heard the confession, she started to make her way towards a certain idiot holding a mic.

 

 

"Ouch!" Yuri hissed in pain when someone suddenly smack her on the head, turning around while glaring to the suspect she immediately soften her gaze.

 

 

She opens to say something but Jessica was fast enough to cut her off. "Idiot, running away before I say I like you too and now doing all of this."

 

 

Yuri has wide open while processing what she just heard. "A-Ah." She choked.

 

 

"Oh, gosh why are you so slow! I said I like you too. You idiot!" Said Jessica.

 

 

Yuri's mouth formed an 'O', before she finally manage to scratch the back of her neck while grinning.

 

 


 

A/N ; Was supposed to update yesterday night but I'm so sleepy so I forgot. Anyways, if you have free time you might want to check my on-going fic Blue Rose (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/772796/blue-rose-yulsic) and the sequel for Pirate Kwon that I wrote a few days ago. (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/788932/pirate-kwon-2-yulsic) I apologize for the shameless advertising. Have a nice day! -- Raven :)