Following the Dream

YulSic Cafe

Summary : Sometimes we leave not because we wanted to, but because we think it's for the better.

 


 

 

"..Y-You're joking, right?"

 

"No, I am not. Just please, do this.. for both of us."

 

"B-But Sica, you're asking for too much." Yuri cried. "How can you ask me to let you go." She finished

 

"..sorry." Is what escapes Jessica's mouth as a response. "Why? I thought we'll be fore--" Jessica cuts her off.

 

"Yuri, please. Let's just stop this."

 

Tears finally fall on Yuri's eyes. "You haven't explain to me yet, Jessica. How can you just ask me to leave you.. h-how can you just do that when you're the reason why I saw my future in the brightest..." Her knees finally fall on the ground, Yuri is begging her not to leave.

 

'Please Yuri don't do this.' Is what Jessica thought.

 

She looked away, she needed to be strong for both of them not just for herself.

 

'You think the two of you can reach your dream? Don't joke around I know both of you can't do that.. not when you keep on looking out for each other.' The voice of Yuri's mother enter her mind.

 

After looking at her crying and begging lover for the last time Jessica turned around. "..Forgive me Yuri.. I love you, bye."

 

 

Kwon Yuri chuckles bitterly as the painful memory find its way on her mind. One year of being with Jessica was enough to prove who she wanted to spend her life with but life is cruel, especially when the person she wanted to spend her life with leave her 3 months ago. She looked around and find herself in a very familiar park, people are talking, laughing around or just casually trying to get some peace and relax.

 

The night is undeniably peaceful, like how it always been since the day Jessica leave her. Her eyes landed on the bench beneath a large tree, it is a place where all the happy things in her life started.

 

Yuri's head is resting on Jessica's lap, both eyes closed while feeling the fresh air envelope them. It is then Yuri realized that it's because Jessica was there that's why she thinks that everything is perfect.

 

"..Are you thinking erted things about me Kwon?" Jessica suddenly said as she noticed a weird smile playing on her lover's lips.

 

"..As if, Jung." Yuri answered in the same manner, both shared a laugh. A happy and contented laugh before Yuri once again say something. "Hey Jung, let's be like this forever."

 

"..Yes. Forever, Kwon."

 

 

Smile unconciously splayed on Yuri's lips. It may be wrong in the eyes of others but Yuri knows both of them love each other truly, and up until now she couldn't deny the fact that it's always Jessica Jung that her heart yearns.

 

Yuri fix the strap of her guitar bag on her shoulder before continuing her walk..

 

If you ever wonder what Yuri's dream is. It's simple, to be someone who will make a great and big contribution into music.

 

There it is, the park stage. Yuri immediately went to the person who's busy organizing the stage equipment.

 

 

"...Excuse me? Is there someone performing tonight?" Asked Yuri to the woman carrying the mic.

 

"..Huh? Yes. We are going to.. Why? Do you want to play something?"

 

"That is.. If it is alright, just one song." Yuri answered pointing at the guitar on her shoulder using her thumb.

 

"Oh. Okay, I'll talk to our vocalist first. Sooyoung by the way."

 

"Yuri, Kwon Yuri." Both shakes hand before Sooyoung left.

 

 

The night is clear, peaceful and the only voice that can be heard in the whole park is the husky voice of Kwon Yuri, whose fingers are perfectly dancing on the guitar she's holding.

 

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiGLH5XO6ec)

 

 

Your cold voice
It seems like something is wrong
I can’t figure out your heart

At the sudden plans
I look at myself in the mirror
I tell myself it’s probably nothing and leave the house

I think my heart figured it out, my footsteps get slower
I don’t think I can bear to look at
The pretty face that will break up with me

What should I say?
What face should I make?
Won’t my turned back look too in pain?
Should I cry and cling on?
Should I show my weak side?
I’m afraid of seeing you from far away

I guess it’s really going to be over
I keep running out of breath
Though I’m not confident to let you go
A breakup where one takes a step back
That’s probably the grown-up thing to do

(Your cold voice, it seems like something is wrong)

What should I say?
What face should I make?
Won’t my turned back look too in pain?
Should I cry and cling on?
Should I show my weak side?
I’m afraid of seeing you from far away

A cry escapes and tears fall
I get angry at myself for being like this
The minute, the second that passes
Can’t it stop here?
I’ll practice lying to say I’m alright
But why are you growing faint from far away?

 

Yuri's ears can only hear the loud cheer and clap of those people in the place. Smiling widely, feeling like her dream has finally come. Her eyes are shut tight as she make herself drown in the crowd loud cheers, of course the smile never left her lips.

 

"...TAEYEON! Taeyeon! I think I found her!"

 

"Who?"

 

"The one we need for us to debut.."

 

"..Don't joke around Choi Sooyoung."

 

"I am not. It's going to be her I'm sure."

 

"Call the agency let's give it a shot."

 

 

Kwon Yuri open her eyes, looked around and saw the back of a familiar woman. Yuri knows who the woman is but she didn't run after her, Jessica was there. She heard her, and Kwon Yuri mumbles.

 

"..I'm not giving up.. Wait for me until I get you back. Let's both grab our dream first Sica-baby.."