Ruined, again.

In Love With You Again

(Eun Hee)

The next day I went back to school only to have people pointing at and whispering about me. It surprised me because I didn't know what it was about. I felt like something must have happened but I had no idea to what that was at all. I walked into class and saw all my classmates giving me looks that I couldn't comprehend why they would give me. Even Tae Yoon seemed to be shunning me but at least she wasn't giving me the judgemental look. The judgemental looks my parents used to give me just about two months back. 

I tried to ignore all the stares I was getting and took out my books to prepare for class. A y girl in my class, Eun Seo, who I kind of disliked walked to me and asked me something that caused my blood to run cold.

"Did you really have an abortion before?" 

I stared at her in shock. "No I haven't, who said that?"

"Your boyfriend? The American who came yesterday," She said. She looked at me, confused, and walked away. I could tell she was in a conflict of whether to believe me or not because my face showed only the truth. The entire class was listening and Soo Hyun, whom I failed to notice in the crowd, he walked towards me and held my hand, seemingly to give me some strength. He told everyone it was a false information and that Damon wasn't my boyfriend. He then made them get away from me. The rest of the day passed by quickly and there were still people who were talking behind my back, saying how much of a I was but I was too tired to care about what they said. Screw them all, honestly, because they probably will never know what I went through. They had no rights to talk about me with no evidence backing up the rumours. 

I went home with Soo Hyun and he insisted on staying by my side but I made him go home though he was extremely reluctant. I told him to let me be alone for a little while and he could come back at night so I had someone to eat with. I didn't want to eat alone, plus I wouldn't eat if I'm alone. I also had something to tell him during dinner. 

I sat on my sofa and thought back to when I was in the US. I cried again at the thought of being rejected by my family. Before that, they loved me so much, giving me whatever I want and more. Right after that happened, they changed like it's no one's business. It was like a 360 degree change. They hated me and wasn't sorry about it. I could only hope to die before they arrive in Korea. I didn't want to face them at all. I knew it was my fault but I couldn't help resenting them for what they did to me. They caused my miscarriage indirectly. My baby died. My baby didn't even get to live for three months before he or she died. And after everything, after moving to another country to start afresh, Damon had to appear. I was bawling then, and I wanted to die, I wanted to join my unborn baby. I was looking for something sharp when the doorbell rang. I quickly wiped off the tears that were leaking and opened the door. It was Soo Hyun. I quickly turned around and went back to the sofa so he wouldn't see me crying.

"You are Eun Hee, right? The one I've known since I was a baby," He asked. His voice was cold and I froze. Was he mad? "I put the pieces together. The guy, he was from the US. Eun Hee went to the US. I've always felt an air of familiarity with you. Your eyes are identical to hers. Did you think I was stupid?"

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say. 

"I... I wanted-"

"You really thought I was stupid right? Were you playing me? You knew I liked you and you kept it a secret from me despite me trying to ask you where you've been to and all. I probably looked like an idiot," He scoffed angrily. I turned to look at him and he looked really angry it scared me. I tried to walk towards him but he moved back. He took out something from his pocket and something dropped on the floor. It caused a thud but we ignored it. He threw the thing he took out at me. It was a photo of us, hugging each other at the playground when we were nine, a year before I left. "I'm done with this."

He left right after. I was crying my eyes out. I wanted to tell him over dinner tonight. My stress level was enough to kill me. My abdomen started hurting but my eyes were so blurry with tears I couldn't find my medicine. I was clutching my stomach tightly, trying to ease the pain but it wasn't helping. I finally found my medicine case to find it empty. I took my purse to go down to get painkillers. I was wearing a pullover and tights so I didn't have to change. I put a cap on to hide my tear-stained face and stumbled out of the house carelessly. I held onto the wall and took every step slowly. The pain was getting from bad to worse. I didn't know why the pain stayed on for so long when it was supposed to be gone days after miscarriage. I didn't want to see a doctor because I didn't have money to pay for it and I definitely didn't want my parents to pay for it after all that had happened. My allowances were spent and I couldn't save much to go to the doctor so I only had the initial medicines from when I had a miscarriage. 

I was in the lift and it felt like hours to get to the first floor. I was nauseous from the pain. I was retching dryly. I hadn't had much food so I couldn't throw up. I stepped out of the lift only to fall on the floor. A guy who was waiting for the lift quickly squat down in front of me. 

"Hey! Hey, are you okay?" The guy asked me franctically. I nodded and I knew he doesn't believe me because what the heck, I wouldn't believe myself either. He tried to get me to stand up but I kept falling limp. "What's wrong? Where are you hurt?"

I couldn't take the pain anymore as black spots appeared before my eyes. Right before I passed out, I saw Soo Hyun's face and then I out. 

 

(A/N: I don't know much about pregnancies so I'm not sure if the pain is supposed to last that long or something hahahaha. I'm just trying to make it look more severe hahaha.)