Hyun Jae

In Love With You Again

[Heyyyyy I'm starting to get confused with past tense and present tense because both my stories are written in two separate tenses so pardon my mistakes!!! :p] 

 

(Eun Hee)

It was bright and everything looked dreamy. I noticed a bench and walked over to have a seat. Where was I? I've never been here before and I think I was lost. I looked around and realised how everything looked like paradise until I noticed a pram parked beside the opposite bench. Curious, I walked over to take a look. I peered in to see a baby boy wrapped in a soft blue blanket. He was a mix of caucasian and asian and he looked so beautiful yet familiar. The baby opened his eyes and I immediately knew that this was my unborn baby. His eyes were identical to Damon's which was hazel brown with a tinge of green. That eyes drew me to Damon the first time I saw him thus I could never forget his eyes.

My heart ached at the sight of my baby. He had my nose, which was sharp yet small. His lips were thin yet shapely, yet again taking after me. His hair, however, was a brownish blond just like Damon's. As much as I hated Damon, I was glad that my baby had his best features, even if he wasn't born. I was unsure of what to do because my baby started crying. I gingerly took a step closer. The name Hyun Jae suddenly came into my mind.

I bent down to get closer to him and poked his cheeks gently while softly saying, "Hyun Jae." 

Right after I touched him he stopped crying. He looked up at me innocently with his doe eyes and my heart melted. Tears welled up in my eyes as I hesitantly reached in to carry him. I was afraid to hurt him at first but once he's in my arms I hugged him close, breathing in his unique scent that only babies had.

"Hyun Jae, your name is Hyun Jae," I said softly and he opened his mouth into an O shape, looking awed even if he probably didn't understand me. I poked his cheek softly again, marvelling at the smooth skin he had. Regrets filled my heart and mind at the fact that I didn't protect him well enough. "I'm sorry I didn't protect you well enough, my baby."

I jumped when something touched my shoulder all of a sudden. I turned back and saw a guy with ancient robes and wings. Angel. My mouth opened in shock.

"Don't worry Eun Hee, he's in great care here," The angel smiled. 

"I can take good care of him too, why did he have to die?" I asked, almost sobbing. My throat felt constricted and tears were rolling down my cheeks like nobody's business.

"Eun Hee, everything happens for a reason. Let me show you something," He said as he pat my shoulder. He drew a rectangle with his finger and a small screen came out. My eyes widened at that. The screen started to play something. I was inside. In the video, I came back to Korea with Hyun Jae and I had to find a place to stay. My parents officially disowned me when they found out that I was going to raise the baby on my own. I found an old, small, and run-down apartment. It was at a red-light district and everywhere was chaotic. I worked to support the both of us while Hyun Jae was strapped to my back because there was no one to take care of him while I'm working. It was tiring as hell and it was also tough to take care of Hyun Jae when it got busy so he'd cry. I got fired and we had nothing until I met Soo Hyun again. He started to work to take care of us after finding out that I'm the Eun Hee he knew. His parents were accepting when they found out about me and they chipped in to get me a better apartment despite me declining it. Then, one day, Damon came to Korea and he wanted to take Hyun Jae away because his rich, stuck up parents found out about us and wanted to take the baby. He didn't care whether he was hurting me or hurting Hyun Jae because he was heartless. He shoved Soo Hyun really hard while Soo Hyun was trying to protect me from his aggressive approach, causing Soo Hyun to fall and hit his head on sharp corner of a metal shelf. It led him to be in a coma and Hyun Jae was gone because I wasn't able to fend for us. 

The video ended and I was bawling. 

"This, is what would've happened if you had Hyun Jae," The angel said. "Move on from this because there are better things awaiting you, for example people who are worth your love and time. Move on, get rid of the depression and forgive people who wronged you. Remember, miracles do happen." 

I nodded and after kissing Hyun Jae on the forehead, I passed him to the angel. The angel put his hand on my eyes and before I know it, I was awake. 

I was in the hospital, but what surprised me was that my family was in the room. Soo Hyun was beside my bed, asleep. His head was resting right by my hand. I moved my hand and gently combed my fingers through his hair. He jolted awake and raised his head up to look at me. 

"You're awake!" He exclaimed in shock. Happiness was evident in his eyes and he tackled me into a gentle hug. "Don't you ever scare me like that again!"

"How long was I out for?" I croaked, due to my dry throat. Soo Hyun noticed and quickly poured a glass of water for me. I nodded as thanks and chugged down the water. 

"You were out for five days and we were all so worried about you," He frowned sadly. I smiled a little at him and touched his arm lightly to say I'm sorry and I knew he understood me when he smiled and shook his head. My family woke up due to the noise and they were shocked to see me awake too. I looked away when I caught my mother's eye, and from the corner of my eye I saw her sit down dejectedly. My dad came over to hold my hand, attempting to talk but I moved my hand away. I didn't want to look at or touch any of them except for Soo Hyun. The ward door suddenly opened and I look up to see Woo Bin. His face was filled with relief when he saw me awake. He came over to my side to give me a hug as well. I hugged him back lightly. The doctor came in after hearing that I was awake. The doctor smiled at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"My head hurts slightly and my wrist is sore," I said.

"Those are normal. I'll give you some medicine for the headache but your wrist would have to to heal by itself."

I nodded at that and after awhile my family left because they know that I wouldn't talk or listen or look at them. Soo Hyun told them to come back another day. It was only me, Woo Bin and Soo Hyun. We sat in silence until it was time for me to go to the psychiatrist. Woo Bin held my left hand and Soo Hyun held my right hand and right then, I felt like I could overcome the depression with them by my side, giving me strength.