Nightmare and knight in shining armor

In Love With You Again

The call with Damon really shocked me. I quickly hung up the phone before he had time to answer. How did he get my new number? It couldn't be my family  I snapped out of my trance when I realised someone was nudging me. I looked up to see Soo Hyun.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked, his voice laced with concern. I shook my head slightly wanting to sober up. I'd barely gotten over him and he had to call me now? To stir up my feelings? Before I knew it Soo Hyun's arm was around my shoulder comforting me. It surprised me yet got my heart racing. I wanted to move out of his hold but he held me tightly against him.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Thank you."

"Let's walk home together okay?" He asked but before I had the chance to reply him he grabbed my bag and pulled me out of the class. We walked home in silence but it was not awkward at all. The pain in my lower abdomen came back all of a sudden and I bowed over. "What's wrong?!"

"My stomach, it hurts," I cried out. Without warning Soo Hyun scooped me up bridal style, causing me to squeal slightly. "Let me down!"

"No, stop moving," He chided softly. Embarrassed, I naturally hid my face against his chest and realised he smelled really really good and clean. He carried me all the way to the door of my apartment and made me key in the security code even though I insisted that I could enter the apartment myself. He laid me on the couch and took my medicine (with my guidance to find it) and water for me.

"Thank you," I smiled weakly. He sat on the floor beside me. His presence was so soothing I dozed off quickly.

"Even if this didn't happen, I wouldn't want you," He sneered. "Nobody does." He left after, leaving me to cry in the rain. I sat there for a long, long time. I was hurting so badly and no one cared. People who passed by just looked at me before turning away. No one bothered to see if anything was wrong. My head was in so much pain yet it couldn't measure up to the pain in my heart. Nothing could. My never-ending tears were mixed into the rain. I cried so hard and the next thing I knew, I was in my warm bed with a doctor standing by my bedside. That was when I knew I was dead, and I'd prefer if it was literal.

I woke up in tears. Warm arms engulfed me and I wept in that person's chest. After awhile my mind started working and I was suddenly aware of the fact that someone else was in this house and I knew for sure it's not ahjumma. I jumped away to see Soo Hyun and I unexpectedly let out a sigh of relief. I was also immediately embarrassed at the fact that I was crying like an idiot in my sleep but the thing that surprised me the most was how safe I felt in his arms. It was like a knight in shining armor saving me from the nightmare. He was like a protector. A protector that would protect me when the whole world is against me.

"Are you feeling better?" Soo Hyun asked, his face flooded with worry. "Do you want to share about what's wrong?"

I nodded my head then shook my head. I then smiled at him to show how grateful I was to him for staying by my side. We stayed silent for a few minutes just sitting there. I decided to break the silence.

"Thank you for staying by my side. I don't want to hold you up further so please go if you need to," I said while grabbing his arm and giving it a light squeeze. He nodded, knowing that I needed some time alone. Before he left, he turned around.

"You know that if you need me I'm here for you right? Even if you don't see me as a friend, I see you as one," He said while smiling softly. His words truly touched me. He was still the selfless guy I knew and I was really happy to know that. I changed so much. My personality remained unchange but I was such a screwed up mess now. The emotional burden I had would definitely turn anyone away.

"I know and I'm thankful for that. I do see you as a friend," I said softly. His face brightened up at that and it made me smile too. His smiles were so contagious. After he left, I went to take a shower. I planned to do some studying because I was already lagging behind. When I came out of the shower there was food on the table and a note from ahjumma. She said she had something on and that she only had time to cook. Even though she couldn't make it to come everyday, it's the thoughts that count. My mother did inform me recently that ahjumma was working for someone else too and that she wouldn't be able to come over everyday. It doesn't matter though, I was used to being alone. I've learnt to enjoy being alone because no one could hurt me that way and I couldn't hurt anyone as well. It is the best of both worlds. Sometimes it's a little lonely but after getting hurt, being lonely is definitely better than pain.

I ate, studied and decided to cheer myself up with some chick flicks. I wanted some food to munch on while watching movie but to my dismay, there were practically nothing except for water and some instant food. Since it was still pretty early, I thought it was okay to go down to get some. When I left the house, Soo Hyun's mother left hers too. I bowed at her politely.

"Hi Eun Hee," she smiled. She sensed my unsureness of what to call her. "Call me eomonim since you are Soo Hyun's friend."

"Hi eomonim," I greeted. "Thank you for the ddeokbokki. It was really really delicious."

She chuckled. "I'm glad you like it! I was just making it for fun but Soo Hyun wanted to get some for you." Hearing that, it warmed my heart greatly yet the guilt in me rose skyhigh. I still couldn't help but feel guilty that I couldn't tell him nor his mother my real identity. I know they would find it out someday but I just want to prolong it as best as I could.

"Oh..." I forced a smile. "That's really nice of him."

"I don't know what's going on between you two, but I'm very sure he cares a lot about you," his mother said. She gave me a very motherly smile and pat my arm lightly before walking off to do her errand. I bowed at her retreating figure out of politeness. What she said was making me ever more guilty. If one could die of guilt, I'd be dead now. I sighed and decided to just stay home and watch chick flicks without food because I wasn't in the mood to go to the store. Before I went to sleep, I kept on thinking. Did I like him romantically or was it just that we were childhood friends? Not sure. Did my heart pounded extra fast when I see him? Yes. Did I get butterflies in my tummy? Yes. Was he always on my mind? ....Yes.