Guilt

In Love With You Again

(Soo Hyun) 

Three days had pass since Eun Hee's attempted suicide but she's still not up yet. The doctor said it's up to her willpower because although she did not die, she's weak to the extent that if she decided to give up on life, she'd probably die. It's hell for me. The girl I'm in love with being like that, it's too painful for me. I couldn't look at her for the first two days because looking at her so pale and frail killed me inside.

I went back to her apartment to get some stuffs for her that she can use and do when she wakes up. I would stay hopeful because I believe she's a strong girl. Right when I was done with packing, someone pressed the doorbell. I was confused as to who would be here since it's normally me who comes over only. I opened the door to be utterly surprised. 

"Who are you and what are you doing in my daughter's house?" 

"I'm Soo Hyun, Kim Soo Hyun," I said as I bowed politely. Eun Hee's family looked at me in shock. 

"Kim Chang Young's son?" Eun Hee's mother questioned in shock. I nodded. She wrapped me in a hug and I forced myself to hug her back. I couldn't stand to face them after what they've done to Eun Hee. 

"Where is our daughter?" Eun Hee's father asked, looking around the apartment. I contemplated if I should tell them but I did anyway. 

"She's in the hospital." They looked at me in confusion. I nodded. "She's been admitted to the hospital."

"Why?" Eun Hee's mom asked, concerned. You are concern? She wouldn't have become like this if it's not for you all, I mentally shouted at them furiously. Although I felt like they had no rights to see her or to even touch her, I brought them to the hospital in the end because it was the right thing to do. At the end of the day they were still family. The doctor met them quickly and explained Eun Hee's situation to them.

"Her miscarriage was not handled properly by the previous doctor and so it's a high chance that she won't be able to conceive again. She found out about that three days ago when she was admitted here after fainting from severe abdominal pain," He said and he looked down at his clipboard before continuing. "After finding out, she attempted suicide and was fortunately found in time and saved but due to the late discovery, she has lost a lot of blood and her organs aren't getting much oxygen even though we're giving her oxygen so her body is very weak now, and it depends on her willpower to wake up and to live normally again. We also confirmed that she's in a depression and her symptoms of self-harming are proof that her depression has been going on for quite awhile. When she wakes up, we will need her to go to a psychiatrist." 

Her mother's legs wobbled and she almost fell had it not been for her husband holding her. I could tell that they were extremely guilty from the look on their faces. Her sister was behind, crying on the chair. I was glad that they felt guilty because I felt like they need to know and feel the amount of pain they put her in. We went in together to see her and she was still as pale. I didn't want to use the word dead but that's how she looked like. She looked dead. It pained my heart so much.

"Eun Hee ah," Her mother wailed. She held her hand but quickly let go when she realised it's the one Eun Hee cut. "I'm sorry, I really am."

Her father was at the end of the bed, looking guilty and miserable. He must have been the one who brought the most pain to her. Her father was a very loving person but once you make a grave mistake, he's gonna hate you and make sure you're miserable no matter who you are till he calms down. Her sister sat at the side of the bed, sobbing as silently as she could. The three of us used to be quite close, except her sister wasn't always with us due to school work. I went over and embraced her, letting her cry, not minding that my shirt was soaked with her tears. It's times like these that people needed support, no matter what bad they'd done.

 

(A/N: Sorry for the short update I hope it isn't too bad. I have tests and something happened so I won't be updating for a while. I've decided to upload this despite the length! Sorry guys!)