What are my feelings?

In Love With You Again

Poke. Poke. Poke.

"WHAT?" I yelled in frustration, causing everyone to stare at me and the teacher to shoot me a disapproving glare. I lowered my head in embarrassment and felt my cheeks reddened.

"Sorry!" Whispered the guy next to me. I glared at him for being the cause of my humiliation. "I just really wanted to ask you something."

I sighed in frustration. "What is it?"

"Where did you come back from?"

"The stars," I said while rolling my eyes. "Stop bothering me."

He sighed and turned away from me. The rest of the day went by peacefully with Soo Hyun ignoring me. At first I was kind of glad that he finally left me alone but after awhile it bothered me greatly. I don't even know why I'm feeling this way. I'm supposed to be happy that he's not disturbing me. It's making me confused and I can't stop thinking about it. After school I avoided Soo Hyun and quickly met Tae Yoon to go home together because she asked me to after finding out that we lived near each other.

"Where did you come back from? If you don't mind telling me," Tae Yoon smiled.

"Um, I came back from US. I moved there when I was ten years old," I said, sighing when the goodbye came to my mind. It was so painful I had cried for one week straight. After I answered her, we continued our walk in a comfortable silence. Tae Yoon's eyes widened when she saw the building I lived in. I raised an eyebrow at her reaction.

"Isn't this where Soo Hyun live?" She stared in awe. "Wow that's some coincidence! You guys are neighbour at home and in class."

I rolled my eyes and bid her goodbye before going up. As soon as I stepped into the apartment, I smelled a wonderful smell of kimchi fried rice. I walked into the kitchen to see the ahjumma that would cook and clean for me. To my surprise, she was the same ahjumma that worked for us seven years ago.

"Eun Hee?" Ahjumma gasped when she turned around and saw me. I squealed and ran over to hug her.

"Ahjumma!" I beamed. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too! I couldn't recognize you at first! You became as beautiful as a model," she smiled tearfully. "Oh my, look how much you have changed."

We caught up for a few minutes and then she made me eat the kimchi fried rice she made for me. I missed this heavenly taste. I've always loved her kimchi fried rice and I've missed it so much while I was away. In US all I ate was Western food and I barely had Korean food. As much as I love Western food Korean food will always be my first love. Ahjumma left after making me some malt tea. I had to force her to go because she insisted on washing the dishes which I could've done by myself. She said she would come over everyday to cook and clean for me which made me happy because I would have company in this lonely house.

I was just out of the shower when my phone rang. I ran over to pick it up.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Oli, it's mom." Damn. I disliked talking to my parents after what had happened. Things got awkward between us. Our relationship became sour.

"Oh, hi mom," I greeted unethusiastically.

"How are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm doing fine. How are you?"

"Good. We'll be coming back in a month or two. Your dad and sister have to wrap up their stuffs before leaving."

"Oh, okay."

"Don't get into any trouble okay?" She warned before hanging up on me. I sighed in frustration and quickly changed to a simple oversized t-shirt and tights to go for a walk.

 

(Soo Hyun)

I was tossing in bed, unable to get Eun Hee off my mind. She intrigued me so much, even if she kept being mean to me. The first time I saw her was when I bumped into her. She was so beautiful I couldn't get my eyes off her. Her eyes were so bright and lively, even if she was just glaring at me. I didn't mean to annoy her of course, but I really wanted to know if she came back from the US. Could she be the little Eun Hee I've known since birth? Although they were so different, both in looks and personality, something about her felt familiar.

Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to go down to get some drinks and maybe a light supper. I quickly grabbed a cup noodle and paid for it. I went into the lift and pressed the button ten. The lift suddenly opened when it was about to close shut and in walked Eun Hee. We stared at each other for awhile before looking away. I was desperate to ask her a question but I know she wouldn't answer me so as soon as the lift closed, I-

 

(Eun Hee)

I entered the lift after a nice night walk. I noticed Soo Hyun in the lift but I was just too deep in thought when he turned all of a sudden, pushing me against the wall, catching me off-guard. The proximity between us made me nervous and unknowingly made my heart raced. My breath hitched and I swallowed repeatedly. After a few seconds the blankness in my mind went away.

"What are you doing?" I half-shouted at him, trying to get out of his grip but he held me tightly. I struggled a little before giving up.

"Why? Why are you only mean to me? Why are you being like this to me when I've been nothing but nice to you?" He asked frustratedly. His question left me speechless.

"I...." Just then, the lift door opened and he released his hold on me and walked out and into his house without even looking back. Still out of it, I walked back to my house in a daze. Before I went to sleep, I started thinking about what Soo Hyun had said. I realised the only person I was mean to was him. I treated other guys like my friends but only him I treated with hostility. Why was I so guarded around him? Was it because I was afraid he would turn out to be the Soo Hyun I was best friends with when I was young? Was it because if it happened to be him, I was afraid he would be disappointed in me if he found out about what happened to me in the US? Was it because I may... fall for him? Or rather, was it because... he was already living in my heart?