We Are Family

Struggles of an Imprint

“Don’t touch it!!” she shrieked in my ear. I jumped and heard the buzzing sound. I turned to her and glared.

“You ! Just because I was winning you resort to cheating?!” she grinned at me.

“There were no rules against it~”

“Screw you Yuri.” I grunted.

“Aww you love me Sooyoung.” I rolled my eyes as the rest of her family came in.

“What’s going on?” Tiffany chimed as she sat next to me and pecked my cheek, Sunny following behind.

“That’s a big fat NO, Yuri. And hi Tiff. Just an evil game of Operation, but your sister’s a cheater.” Yuri stuck her tongue out at me.

“Yuri, why would you cheat?” Sunny asked with a raised eyebrow.

“She…she only had two left and…”

“They placed a bet on it, Sunny.” Taeyeon told her with a smirk in place.

“What have I told you about gambling Yuri??” Sunny asked. Yuri held her head down.

“It’s only okay in Vegas” she slumped.

“Now apologize for yelling Sooyoung’s ear off.” Sunny told her with finality before walking away.

“Sorry Sooyoung….” Yuri felt embarrassed for being told off by her adoptive mother.

“It’s all good Yul. But next game we play, you’re going down, no cheats.” I grinned.

“You’re on wolfie” We raced to the game station and soon our warfare began.

General POV

Midgame Sooyoung felt something, or someone rather, cold leaning on her back. She smiled as she became accustomed to her imprint’s scent.

“Hi Tiff” she said and smiled wider as the body leaned in closer to her

“Hi Soo” the vampire breathed out. Sooyoung felt tingles through her body then soon after felt her controller vibrate as her player was blown up.

“What the hell???” Yuri cheered.

“This is good, Tiffany, keep her distracted so I can win” Tiffany rolled her eyes, placing a kiss on Sooyoung’s cheek before taking the open seat on the taller girl’s lap and leaning back.

“Take the next corner. Yuri is coming up on your left.” She whispered into the wolf’s ear. Sooyoung grinned and followed instructions, getting Yuri in a headshot.

“Hey!!” Yuri pouted. Sooyoung chuckled.

“Thanks babe—ah….uh…Tiff. Thanks Tiff.” Sooyoung tried to clear and brush off her slip up. Tiffany just smiled wider and got comfortable in her seat.

“No problem, babe.” She teased. She could feel Sooyoung’s temperature rise.

“Knock, Knock!” Yoona entered the house.

“Yoona!!” all the ‘kids’ cheered, though none made the effort to actually get up to see the younger wolf.

“Really feeling the love there, guys.” She said sarcastically. Taeyeon sat up and sniffed the air.

“Yoona brought someone over!” That had everyone up and racing to the open area near the doorway.

Yoona had a slightly younger looking girl by the hand. She was obviously another wolf.

“Who’s this?” Seohyun asked, trying not to let her slightly jealous emotions rise and affect the others.

“This is—” Sooyoung came through the group practically tackling the younger girl into a hug.

“Alyssa!!” The younger girl chuckled and hugged the tall girl back.

“Hi Sooyoung, how are you?” they released each other and smiled.

“Oh I’m great thanks, y’know just living the super natural life.” She responded with a wink.

“With a bunch of vampires, too. I must honestly say I’m surprised by you two.” Sooyoung shrugged.

“There’re some things going on around here that you just can’t help.” She smiled feeling Tiffany take a spot next to her.

“Sounds amazing, and I can’t believe we finally made it. We missed our flight and she was so excited to meet you and Yoona that she decided to run here so I had to shift and there was this whole issue with our suitcases cuz, y’know, we were running. I didn’t think we’d ever get here.”

“Wait, hold on, who are you even talking about??” Alyssa shyly looked to the ground.

“I met my imprint while I was traveling.” Sooyoung’s jaw dropped.

“You met your imprint?!?! Where??”

“I took a detour through LA, met a girl from Diamond Bar.” Tiffany perked up at this.

“Hey! I’m originally from Diamond Bar too!” Alyssa was a bit surprised by the outburst.

“Ah, really?? That’s cool. Uh, Sooyoung, who are these people?”

“Oh, I’m so sorry, that’s Jessica Jung, Tiffany Hwang, Kwon Yuri, Seohyun, and Kim Taeyeon” Sooyoung introduced them all. “They’re vampires.” She added.

“Yes, I can smell that, Soo, thanks.” Alyssa playfully rolled her eyes.

“Well I’m sorry, but you don’t seem as affected as Yoona did!” Alyssa smiled meekly.

“Comes with practice” she told the older girl ominously “anyway, where is your coven leader?”

“How do you know none of us are the coven leader?” Taeyeon, being the oldest, asked.

“Well for one, none of you are standing as a coven leader would in the presence of, not only a stranger, but a stranger of the rival super natural, whether you believe we are enemies or not. Secondly, none of you bear your family’s crest around your neck.” As she was pointing this out, Hyoyeon and Sunny emerged from Hyoyeon’s office.

“Ah, Yoona hello, and who is this?” Hyoyeon asked. Alyssa stepped up to her, offering a hand.

“Alyssa Choi, ma’am. It’s a pleasure.” Hyoyeon was surprised at the welcoming smile Alyssa gave her.

“I’m Kim Hyoyeon, leader of this coven, and this is my wife, Sunny” Alyssa gave a nod in acknowledgement, Sunny smiling in return.

“A crown with wings. Beautiful family crest, Mrs. Kim.”

“Please, call me Hyoyeon. You seem to know much about our kind, Alyssa.”

“I do. I’ve been able to study and learn since I’ve shifted.” Sunny stepped up and embraced the girl.

“It’s nice to meet you darling, oh you must be starving!” At those words, Alyssa’s stomach, along with Yoona and Sooyoung’s growled.

“I apologize, I haven’t eaten since we left my house.”

“Alyssa, your family lives in New York!” Yoona exclaimed.

“Yea, well I had to tell them about the imprint before I came down here, don’t you think?”

“Speaking of imprints, where’s yours?” Alyssa kicked at the ground.

“Ah, well you see, I can obviously tell that you’re okay with vampires, but I didn’t know how you’d take it when I tell you, my imprint’s a vampire.” She breathed out quickly, but everyone heard her.

“That’s it? Lyss, it’s okay!” Sooyoung and Yoona both smiled at her softly.

“I figured, it’s just…you know….with Sul and stuff….” Alyssa had been close to the three girls growing up and wasn’t sure how bringing it up would affect them.

“We know, it must have been hard for you too. Our imprints are vampires too” Sooyoung sent the last part through their pack connection. Alyssa’s eyes widened.

“Really??? Who?!” Sooyoung gave her a pointed look.

“Nobody! We’ll talk about it later.”

“You still didn’t answer my question, Lyssa.” Yoona smiled slyly

“Well, like I said, we didn’t really do much eating on the way here. She’s probably off hunting.”

“Oh no!” Sunny gasped. Alyssa looked confused.

“Why?? What’s wrong??” Sooyoung looked at her cousin.

“The Kim coven doesn’t drink human blood. They have a deal with a nearby reservation that they wouldn’t harm the humans and in return they may stay at Big Bear.”

“Ew those stupid shifters??” Alyssa’s nose scrunched.

“Yep” Yoona replied, popping the ‘p’ sound.

“Well, don’t worry about her, she’s a vege-vamp too. Not that I wouldn’t love her if she was any different, but it makes it easier on both of us.” The Kim family sighed in relief.

“So tell me about this girl!!” Tiffany said. Alyssa smiled at her openness, reminding her of her own girlfriend.

“She’s a bit taller than me, a bit tanner too, but that’s cuz she lived in California her whole life before she was turned. She has an amazing smile. She loves gazelle, so it’s great that she could find it up here. And she has a shield as a power.”

“Fascinating. If you wouldn’t mind, could I ask the two of you questions when she returns?”

“Sure, she should be fine with that. She’ll be back in 26 seconds.”

“Can you see the future, too??” Tiffany asked, excited. Alyssa laughed and shook her head.

“Mind reading?” Taeyeon inquired, earning another head shake.

“Then how do you know that?” Yuri asked. Alyssa smiled at them.

“I just know my girl.” Right at the mark, Alyssa’s imprint knocked at the door.

“I’ll get it” Jessica answered the door, soon returning with another girl.

“Hi” A young looking girl entered the house. Alyssa stepped up to her wrapping her arm around her waist.

“Kim family and Choi dummies” The two cousins chorused a resentful ‘hey!’, making her chuckle

“This is my imprint, Cami Hwang.”

~~~~~~~~

WHAT’S UP

Eyy fam….okay so I have lots of explaining to do, but I’m going to compress it into a few simple words. I’m sorry. I’ve been busy preparing for my Senior year in High School. I can honestly say I forgot I even wrote things because I’ve been so focused on sports and school and my personal life in general.

A lot happened this summer and I’ve been struggling to keep everything together well enough for me to even have time to do things like be here and write. I can say, though, that I appreciate all of you who are still around and wait for me to update. I know this isn’t my best work, but it’s been a while, so I’m a bit rusty.

I hope to get back into it quickly.