Don't You Worry, Child

Struggles of an Imprint

Sooyoung’s POV

Damn this school day went by way too fast. I am now following the Kims as they drove back to their place. To say I was surprised last night was an understatement. I could smell Seohyun and Tiffany as they walked through the forest near me, but I didn’t expect to nearly be attacked by either of them. Thank god that Tiffany stopped Seohyun because there was no way I was gonna fight back and I’m not quite ready to die.

Yuri and Taeyeon were gushing all day about how being a child of the moon seemed cool. They are so strange. Did they not know we are meant to be enemies? Another weird thing was Jessica apologized for her harshness. Jessica Jung APOLOGIZED to ME, how weird is that!

I looked up and saw their gorgeous glass-walled house as we pulled in to the driveway. I hopped out and took in the house.

“Wow….this is amazing” I told them as they all hopped out of their cars and led me in.

“Why thank you, darling.” I heard Mrs. Kim as she danced, literally danced, into the room and handed me a glass of water.

“Thanks Mrs. Kim. Did you design this house?” She giggled and nodded.

“Being a vampire can give you a lot of spare time. And please, outside of the classroom, call me Sunny,” I nodded in agreement and sat on the couch.

“Is Dr. Kim in?” Taeyeon shook her head.

“Hyoyeon normally comes home in about half an hour.” She replied.

“…Or earlier because she is amazing.” Dr. Kim said as she walked in. The family chuckled.

“Yes, or that.” Taeyeon concluded. Dr. Kim walked up to me and held out her hand.

“Ms. Choi, pleasure to meet you.” I blushed at the formality.

“Ehem, thank you Dr. Kim, but please, Sooyoung is just fine.” Hyoyeon nodded in understanding.

“Very well, Sooyoung, then call me Hyoyeon.” I smiled at him. It was a bit weird being civil to vampires, but I suppose I can make do considering they aren’t a threat.

“So, my children have told me that you are a werewolf.” I blushed again. I’m not very used to confronting this situation.

“Yes, I am. I guess, somewhere in my lineage there were Children of the Moon, but neither of my parents are. Though, my cousins are.”

“All of them?” She cocked an eyebrow. I shook my head.

“No, not all of them, just the ones who have been near a vampire or have trouble controlling their anger, like me.”

“I see…so they’ve told me you have a lot of similar traits to the shifters on the Reserve.” I rolled my eyes.

“Unfortunately, yes, but that’s only because they coincidentally shifted into wolves. But, we do have very warm body temperatures, enhanced senses, and imprinting.” I looked down as I said the last word and I could feel Taeyeon’s unsettling grin.

“Interesting, and how is your family life, if you don’t mind me asking.” I took a breath and looked into her eyes. There was no hostility, just mere curiosity. I looked at Sunny and saw compassion.

Well if I’m going to tell someone, might as well tell my imprint’s family

“I first shifted when I was in the 7th grade…my parents acted differently after that. They separated and I’ve been in Korea and here ever since….Ever since my change, neither of them want anything to do with me. I’m a nuisance and a monster…and hearing that from your parents? I’ll be honest, it takes a toll on a kid.” I looked over at Tiffany.

“Remember those scars you saw? I found it unfortunate that my kind heals so quickly.” opened in a little ‘oh’ and I noticed Seohyun sag in depression, she was feeling all my emotions.

“I am staying here throughout the whole school year, though I don’t know how much longer after that, David, or my dad, doesn’t seem to want me here, so I may go back after this year is up.” I heard Tiffany whimper and I looked over to her immediately with concern. Then I brushed off the emotion and faced Hyoyeon again.

“I am sorry that your parents see you as such, though our natural enemies, I prefer to make peace and I believe you are not a monster. You were quite young and none of this is your fault. You couldn’t have known what was going on.”

“That’s the problem.” I shut my eyes, tears threatening to spill.

“I’m sorry?” Hyoyeon leaned forward.

“I had a sister….” I wrapped my arms around myself. I noticed nobody spoke so I continued.

“She was attacked last summer. I had been watching her and I heard her scream, I ran up to her room and saw nothing but darkness. Darkness and those blood red eyes. I flicked on the light and saw the worst thing, my sister’s neck had been torn into, her blood had been drained and that vampire grinned before jumping out the window. As my family has been, I assume she was supposed to change eventually, but she was only a 7th grader and had no temper, so she was still human when she was killed. As you said, I didn't know what was going on. I couldn't control my changes the best yet, though I can now. That’s why I hate vampires so much. He took away the only person in my family that still loved me.” I smiled bitterly.

“Then of course my parents had come home. They saw my sister and that just built up the hatred. Of course I was the one they blamed. “An unstable abomination” but they don’t want to be the talk of the town so they kept me and said she got mauled by a bear. They didn’t even try to hear my explanation.” I felt tears spill and cold hands wipe them away. I opened my eyes and saw Tiffany standing in front of me.

“We don’t think you’re a monster.” Her bell-like voice entered my ears. I looked over her family and they were all nodding.

“If anything your parents are monsters as well as that vampire. I promise you, not all vampires are like that, Sooyoung.” Taeyeon added as she walked up to me and hugged me. I sniffled and nodded.

“Yea I see that now, I think you are the only vampires I plan on trusting for a long time though.” The family nodded.

“Sweetheart you are welcome here anytime okay? Don’t you worry, child” Sunny said.

“I’ll take you up on that Sunny.” Yuri came up and patted my back.

“Come on wolfie. Let’s play video games.” I chuckled and followed her to the game room.

“If you need anything, I’ll be in my study.” Hyoyeon said as she walked down a hallway.

“Kay Hyoyeon, later!” Tiffany said as she danced to the game room.

That’s how I spent my day. Playing video games and acting like kids with a bunch of vampires who I think I considered my friends. Maybe even a family, not that I would tell them that just yet, that’s embarrassing. Even though I was trying to stop the imprint, the natural instinct to draw near to her was a bit much to bear and the way she was looking at me made me think maybe she'd felt the same way. But what do I know. Eventually I had to leave because David said he’d be home for dinner.

“Sorry guys” I headed to the door.

“Aww come on Soo! Just one more game??” Yuri whined. I shook my head.

“No can do. I’ve got to cook for the Devil.” They rolled their eyes.

“I thought he had a girlfriend who could cook for him.”

“Yea, well her sister’s visiting, so she’s spending all her time at her house.” They were going to ask again but my phone rang.

Incoming Call….

My eyes widened as I hadn’t gotten a call from this number or even seen this person since my sister’s funeral. The girls looked at me curiously but I just shook my head and answered the phone.

“Yeoboseyo?” I heard some deep breathing.

“Hello, Sooyoung” The voice responded. I knew from the tone, that something was going to happen very soon. Something that would change how everything was now.

~~~~****~~~~~*******~~~~~~~~*******~~~~~~~~

Guess who's back???

 

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to take an unannounced hiatus....it was even unplanned for me....Things that I though I had under control spun out of my hands and everything kinda just spiralled out from there. Unfortunately, I couldn't get control of it until recently and even now I'm a bit unstable, but I'll try to update more.

Thanks for reading.

What's Up

Okay so I don't really know what color I was on, but whatever. So as I said above I'm sorry for the hiatus and things just got too difficult for me to handle while being a writer. But I'm trying to be back. Think of this as...a Christmas gift, to those of you who celebrate Christmas. Or any holiday! You do you. Anyways, I'll keep on going with updates story-wise and my life-wise and as always questions and comments are welcome down below, on my wall, or pm me.

Love you guys, 

Alyssa