Welcome to the Family

Struggles of an Imprint

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Hello, Sooyoung”

“Yoong?” I asked in disbelief.

“Hey there, cousin. I heard you’re back in the Bear?” Her tone sounded excited.

“Yea, it’s true. I’m staying for at least a school year.” I heard her cheer.

“Well, guess who’s gonna move in with you for ‘at least a school year’?” I rolled my eyes.

“Hmmm….Krystal?” I joked. I heard her scoff.

“That baby gets to stay with mom and dad while I travel up to you guys!” I tapped my chin.

“Why now?”

“Well I was already supposed to come back, but hearing news of you coming back made me change my date to an earlier time.” I could feel her smile oozing from the phone.

“Well I’m not home right now, so you’ll have to wait up if you’re at the house anytime soon.” I heard her chuckle.

“I got a key the last time I visited. Don’t worry. I won’t look through this….interesting pile of….lingerie?” I could hear her scuffling through my room and, although I knew they were TRYING to give me privacy, vampire hearing can only be held back so much, so the girls around me began laughing.

“Dammit Yoong, stop going through my stuff, better yet, get out of my room!” She full out laughed this time.

“Okay, okay, where are you anyways? I had to cook for David because somebody can’t keep track of time.” I checked the clock and my eyes widened.

“Wait I thought he would be home in an hour.”

“Oh Soo….he didn’t tell you his schedule change? He gets home earlier today because I was coming. Mom made sure to call him a week in advance.” I rolled my eyes.

“You know how it’s been…of course he didn’t tell me.” I knew she was biting her lip.

“That’s right, well where the hell are you??” I sighed.

“I’m at my friends’ house.”

“Who? I took the time to learn all the people our age in the town last time in case you needed help after this long switch.”

“I’m with…the Kims.” They all stared at me and I heard the other line go silent.

“Are you kidding me?” she spoke with pure disbelief.

“No…why?”

“I know damn well that we both know they’re vampires. What are you doing with them?” I shut my eyes as the other girls watched me struggle with my cousin.

“Something….big happened.” Taeyeon was looking at me with a small smile etched on her face while the others looked at me in confusion.

“And what is this something?” Yoona’s patience was growing thin and I could tell.

“I’ll tell you later okay? I can’t…say it here.”

“Are they listening?” the girls looked away from me.

“Not intentionally, but I am in their house, so, yea I guess.”

“Is there a confrontational thing happening? You want me to come get you?”

“Yoona, seriously? I’m older than you. I’m fine okay? Nothing’s going to happen. And I told you they were my friends.”

“I just can’t believe that. After everything that’s happened, you befriended them? Are you stupid?” She was building up anger and I knew she’d be close to changing if I kept pissing her off. The Kims looked at me with concern.

“Yoona, first, get out of my house right now because I know you’re getting mad and I don’t want you freaking the out of David by shifting in front of him. Also, things are VERY different with this family okay? They aren’t harmful to us, if you want proof come down here and see for yourself. I’m sure you know the way.” I could still feel her seething with anger. She muttered that she’d be here soon then hung up.

“She’s running here in wolf form, so it shouldn’t take too long.” I told them. Hyoyeon entered with Sunny on her heels.

“I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but I heard we’ll have another visitor?” I nodded sheepishly.

“I’m sorry Hyoyeon; I didn’t mean to invite her without permission. She’s my cousin and not very keen on vampires as I also am. But I told her you were harmless and she wants proof.” Hyoyeon nodded in understanding.

“Don’t worry about it. Meeting another Child of the Moon is exciting. I’d have a few questions actually.”

“I suggest letting her ease into it. She has to trust you before she’ll even think of a conversation with vampires.” Seohyun nodded in confirmation.

“She’s close enough for me to feel her rage and….fear?” Seohyun questioned. Taeyeon nodded.

“She thinks we’ve done something to her cousin….just….like….last time.” Taeyeon then looked confused. I pursed my lips.

“It’s the story I told you guys….about Sulli, my sister. Yoona’s the only one who would listen to me when I explained what happened to Sulli. She was Yoona’s favorite cousin and one of her best friends even though she and I were the same age and very close too. Vampires are a very touchy subject. Yoona changed shortly after I did.” They all nodded and waited until we heard the knocking on the door.

“I’ll get it.” Yuri announced.

“Hi! I’m Kwon Yuri” trying WAY too hard, Yul. I smiled at the thought and Taeyeon hummed in agreement.

“Yoona.” Was the empty response she got back. Nevertheless, Yuri wasn’t saddened.

“So you’re also a wolf? That’s cool!” This time, Yoona flat out ignored her. I rolled my eyes.

“Yoona, stop being so damn rude and say hi. This isn’t your house.” Yoona sighed and said hi to everybody.

“Okay, prove it.” She looked straight at me.

“Well, for one, they know what we are too and no war has happened. How’s that for starters?”

“That proves nothing.” I narrowed my eyes at her. Her attitude was very sour today.

“What about their eyes? Notice something different?” Yoona looked into Taeyeon’s eyes, as she’d been nearest.

“They’re wearing contacts? I would too if my eyes were blood red.” Yoona said.

“Nope. They are ‘vege-vamps’. Animal blood only.”

“That’s ridiculous what else are you going to tell me, they can eat human food?” Before any of the Kims could interfere, I stood.

“Stop that. Your attitude is annoying even me, and you know that I love you a lot, but they are my friends, so you need to stop insulting them. They don’t drink human blood, Yoona. They are nothing like him and he is nothing like them. They are civilized people who actually care, Yoona. You need to see that like I did and relax because, seriously, if you mess with this family, I might have to kill you.” I looked her in the eyes and tried to stress what was going on in my head to her without communicating in wolf form. Without the wolf form, communication gave a massive headache, but I passed it as best I could so that she could understand. Her eyes widened and she stared openly at me.

“Are you KIDDING ME SOOYOUNG?!” her rage was building up again.

“NO, Yoona. NO I am not. It happened okay? And you know as well as I do that it’s irreversible so we can’t do anything about that, can we?! Trust me in the beginning I tried I really did, and now I’ve given in.” She shook her head and backed up.

“Look, Soo, this was a lot of information to take in today, I’m going back to the house to think. Thanks for showing me this though…I’ll consider what you said.” She walked backwards and didn’t see the vampire behind her.

“ouch” she yelped as she tripped over Seohyun’s leg.

“Omo! I’m so sorry.” Yoona was going to give her a piece of her mind but suddenly stopped.

Yoona POV

Holy crap she is the most beautiful creature I’ve ever seen in my life. If I was in my wolf form I would definitely be howling right now. It’s like I see nothing but her, its intriguing really. There’s something about her that’s just…perfect. Wait. Who is she? And…oh . VAMPIRE. Dammit I can’t be a hypocrite to Sooyoung.

I broke out of my trance and looked over the rest of the family, stopping at Sooyoung.

“I…I’m sorry Sooyoung. We should really talk at the house though. I’ll see you later, bye!” I quickly ran from the house. What the hell Yoona! Is this what Sooyoung felt? Well…as she said we really can’t fight our imprints, but with an imprint like that, how could I stay away…honestly, nature be damned.

Sooyoung POV

I looked over at Taeyeon once Yoona had left.

“Did that just…..” Taeyeon nodded and I smirked. I looked at Seohyun. Just one glance and I knew that if she could, she’d be blushing. Of course she would, she could feel all of Yoona’s emotions.

“Hm…well that went…well?” Tiffany piped up. I looked at her and didn’t even bother hiding my grin as she returned an eyesmile to me. My heart sped up a bit and I cleared my throat while looking away from her.

“I didn’t get to ask my questions.” Hyoyeon frowned.

“You can ask me, as long as they don’t get too personal.” I offered.

“That would be wonderful Sooyoung.” We sat on the couches, the family surrounding us.

“So, what is her power?”

“As I control fire and heat, she controls water”

“And since she’ll be staying here, what is her wolf profile so that we don’t mistake her as a meal?” Hyoyeon said, half-jokingly. I smiled anyways.

“She is a red-furred wolf with green eyes. You’ll notice it when she comes around more often near full and new moons.”

“How do you know she’ll be dropping by more? Not that I mind, she seems to be a very caring girl.” Hyoyeon said and Sunny nodded.

“I just…know. And plus….Tiff?” Not noticing my own slip of the tongue, Tiffany smiled widely and nodded.

“She’ll be dropping by…a lot.” Tiffany confirmed.

“That’s great…I think that’s all I have for now. I’ll be sure to inform you if I have any more.” I nodded and Hyoyeon retired to her room with Sunny. Eventually I said goodbye to each of them.

“Yoona and I have a lot to talk about tonight.” I told them with a smile. I hugged each of them, yes, even Jessica, and she stopped me.

“Oh, Sooyoung, thank you for sticking up for my family it really means a lot and it shows that you really do care….and so….I just wanted to say….welcome to the family.” I looked at her shocked. Seriously, what do you say to things like that, to people like her?

“Wow….I….um….thank you…so much Jessica. That really means a lot.” I hugged her again and she gave me a smile.

“It’s true buddy, you really deserve it, and we’d be glad and proud to have you in our family.” Taeyeon added.

“Hell yea.” Yuri agreed while Seohyun nodded sincerely. Tiffany’s hug was the last and the longest, I tried to subtly take in her scent and it was the best thing I’d ever smelt. Ever. And I have enhanced senses so that’s saying a lot.

I felt her giggle while she pulled away and she placed a quick kiss on my cheek before running to Jessica. I gave a small smile and said bye once more before getting in my car and driving home.

I knew Yoona was sitting in my room waiting. I knew we had a lot to talk about tonight. She knew I imprinted. I knew she imprinted. She knew I would protect my imprint and her family. I knew she’d do the same. We knew the full moon would be soon. I also knew I had a Bio test tomorrow….did I study? Ah…..

~~~~***************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*****************

Hello another update!

Yea I just...I don't know this might be one of my favorite stories to write. Just the difference from my other writing is....nice....

 

What's Up

Idk...it's only been a day. Nothing is new....I've been gaming more often? And I've been hanging out with my cousins more. Yea hanging with my cousins is the best. So yea that's me....How are you?

No really. Tell me. You know how. (comment/PM/wall message)

<3 Alyssa