Sooyoung Is A...

Struggles of an Imprint

Tiffany’s POV

My sisters and I are seated on the floor when I get a vision of my mom, Hyoyeon, coming home. After the vision passes, my sisters, as usual, are staring at me awaiting the vision whether it be big or small. I simply shrugged.

“Mom will be home in—”

“About 5 minutes.” Taeyeon finished with a smirk. Ugh I hate it when she does that!

“But you love me regardless.” Taeyeon bat her eyes and took out her phone.

“Who you textin’?” I asked.

“Sooyoung” at the name, I felt a hitch in my breath. I didn’t even need to breathe. It was just a reflex vampires used to keep up our human façade.

“Funny, I just texted her earlier.” Yuri mentioned.

“I’m just telling her that Hyoyeon will be home soon and to be ready cuz we’re gonna figure her out.” Taeyeon chuckled.

“Can I have it?” I asked bluntly. They both turned to me.

“Have what?” Taeyeon asked.

“Her number. Can I please have it?” I asked again. They both looked at each other, one eyebrow cocked and laughed.

“No Tiff! That’s really weird and shady.” Yuri said.

“It is not!” I huffed.

“Hate to break it to ya, but it kinda is Tiff.” Taeyeon replied. I scoffed at her.

“Says the girl who picked it from her brain.”

“Ah but, dear Fany, Sooyoung and I were already friends by then.” She stuck her tongue out at me.

“Oh yea, real mature Tae. Just gimme her number”

“You aren’t even friends with her yet.” Yuri tried to reason. I huffed again.

“I’ll get there!” I reached for her phone but she pulled it away from me.

“Get there first, then you can ask for her number on your own. Don’t you think she should be courted the right way?” if I could blush, I would be at this moment.

“Why do you want it so bad, anyways?” Jessica asked.

“Jess, you know why I want it.” It’s no secret that I like Sooyoung. I’ve talked to Jess about it. Not only is she my favorite sister, but she’s also my best friend. She knows things that even Taeyeon doesn’t know because I’ve built mental walls.

“Well yea…but she won’t even tell you what her nature is. How can she be trusted?”

“I’m sure she has a good reason for that.” I tried to reason. Jessi and I went back and forth on this until Seohyun suddenly spoke up.

“She’s scared.” Seohyun whispered. If we were human, we probably wouldn’t have caught it.

“Scared of what? The fact that we are vampires?” Jessica asked with a smirk. Seohyun shook her head.

“She’s scared of something within her. The emotion is relatively fresh so it’s happened recently. Even though she’s trying to suppress it. There are also other emotions mixed in but she isn’t sorting them out, so I can’t tell exactly what they are." Seohyun scrunched her eyebrows in frustration.

“Well I’m sure she’s got reasons.” I said again.

“Oh she’s got her reasons alright.” Taeyeon smirked. Before I could ask what that meant, Hyoyeon walked into the room.

“Oh hey guys. How was school?” She greeted, her usual smile in place.

“Hi Hyoyeon. School went fine, we’ve been waiting for you.” Taeyeon said.

“Okay, what for?” She took a seat on her recliner.

“Actually it’s more of a family meeting kind of thing so we wanted to wait for—” Jessica stopped as Sunny walked through the front door.

“—Sunny to come home” she finished.

Sunny, being the energizer bunny, came dancing into the room with a smile.

“Did I miss something?” She asked as she saw us all seated in a circle.

“No hon…we were just about to start a family meeting that the kids wanted to have.” Hyoyeon took her onto her lap and hugged her from behind. Sunny smiled and looked at her kids.

“Well…let’s begin then” she said. Taeyeon cleared .

“As you all know from Tiffany’s visions, a new student started at school today. Her name is Choi Sooyoung. She is a supernatural that none of us have encountered before, so we were hoping that you’d be familiar with her kind, Hyoyeon.” She explained. Hyoyeon nodded.

“Well I have lived many centuries. I probably have encountered her kind before. Care to describe?” Taeyeon nodded.

“Her eyes turn gold. I can tell that they are normally chocolate brown. I don’t know the pattern of change yet, but they do change.” Taeyeon said.

“Also, she’s nice and good at masking her fear, though I can also feel other emotions dwelling beneath it all.” Seohyun added.

“When she’s mad, she tries to conceal it, but she can still crack and burst out.” I mumbled.

“Uh…she’s not a very social person?” Jessica said. We all looked at her.

“What? I don’t know her like the rest of you. It was either that or she’s a .” Jessica shrugged

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon! We do not use such….such bitter words in this household.” Sunny scolded. Jess muttered an apology.

“And she isn’t a…what Jessi called her. She’s quite nice once you break past the walls.” I piped up. Yuri and Taeyeon smiled and nodded in agreement.

“First off, you’re biased Tiff. Second off, I was just kidding. She just has this mysterious aura.” Jessica explained.

“But what Tiffany said is true.” Yuri said. We all looked at her.

“Did you learn anything Yuri?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Oh uh…Soo’s really warm. Her kind has gifts like us. She says we shouldn’t be friends. She’s got super hearing and she smells like earth and barbecue. And her relationship with her dad isn’t the best.” Yuri said.

“Yul! You aren’t supposed to say the last one!” Tiffany said. Yuri bit her lip and said sorry.

“My that is a long list Yuri.” Hyoyeon nodded with a smile.

“I’m proud to say that I’m her best friend.” Taeyeon scoffed.

“Watch me knock you out of there.” She teased.

“I’d like to see you try. Like you can do any better than me.” Yuri stuck her tongue out.

“Watch me then. Hyoyeon, I bet Yuri didn’t know that her kind also imprints.” Yuri’s jaw then dropped. Everyone else in the room was also surprised to hear this news.

“Well….I haven’t heard of one of these in a long time” Hyoyeon said.

“Imprints, Appa?” Seohyun asked.

“No, no Seobaby…Choi Sooyoung’s kind. I know it…it’s just hard to place.”

“Take your time Hyoyeon. I just can’t wait to text Sooyoung that I figured her out.” Yuri said.

“You figured her out? Please Yul, it took you forever to figure out that you had super strength.” I teased. Yuri stuck her tongue out at me.

“Let’s see….eyes change color from time to time…imprinting….earthy scent…slight temper….oh my” Hyoyeon’s eyes widened in realization.

“You know?” Sunny asked. Hyoyeon nodded and looked us dead in the eyes.

“Sooyoung is a werewolf.” Jessica growled.

“More of those damned wolves?” she spat.

“No, no, no. She’s not like those wet dog smelling boys down on the Thunder Reserve. They are shifters. She’s a pureblood werewolf.”

“What about her eyes?” Taeyeon asked.

“It’s nearing the full moon. Her eyes and hair should change colors the closer we get to the full and new moons.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Wow! That’s awesome….then why’d she say we can’t be friends?” Yuri asked.

“Wolves of any sort are the only supernatural that can kill us on their own. Also, a few centuries ago, there was a wipeout of all werewolves and their bloodlines led by the Valdez coven in Spain. They thought they’d cleaned out all werewolves but I guess they missed some…Listen to me guys, the Valdez family cannot hear word of this discovery. If they find out, they will come here and kill Sooyoung and they may kill us too. I know we don’t want that to happen to us or her, right?” Hyoyeon said.

“Well I don’t want it to happen but….” Taeyeon looked over in Jessica’s direction.

“Hey! As long as she doesn’t cause me problems and doesn’t hurt Tiff, I don’t want her dead either. God, Tae, I’m not a heartless .” Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Language Jessica!” Sunny scolded again. Another apology was muttered from my blonde sister as she faced me.

“Well now you know, Tiff. And how do you feel?” She asked me.

“I feel so relieved that she doesn’t hate me. Or any of us I guess.” I confessed.

“Why would she hate you or us?” Yuri asked.

“Well obviously she knows what we are. Yet, even though we’re vampires, she befriended us, well most of us anyways.” I eyed Jessica cautiously. She sighed.

“Look I’ll work on the whole friendship thing, okay? Since, unfortunately, the wolf just had to be my favorite sister’s soul mate.” She jokes.

“Thank you, Jessi~” All of my family know that I’m in love with Sooyoung. I had a vision of said girl one day randomly so many years ago and since then, she’s been the center of my life. When I saw that she would be coming here, I gushed about it for weeks. Jessica is probably relieved that I will shut up about her a bit more now.

“I truly am quite intrigued by this discovery. Do any of you mind asking if she can come by the house sometime to have a chat with me?” Hyoyeon asked.

“You look like you’re in your twenties, yet you talk like you’re a 65 year old from England.” Taeyeon said.

“Oh shut up Tae.” Hyoyeon replied.

“That sounds better. And I can tell her.” Yuri said.

“No! I’ll do it! I have first and second period with her” I reasoned.

“Alright, Tiffany can ask.” Hyoyeon said. Yuri pouted but as soon as it came, it left and was replaced by a smile as the tanned girl took out her phone.

“So…you fell in love with a werewolf.” Jessica said as she sat beside me, watching Taeyeon and Yuri play video games as Seohyun cheered for them between reading her book.

“Yea…I did. Is that…Is that going to be a problem?” I mumbled. Even though Sooyoung is my soul mate and I couldn’t break our bond even if I wanted to, I truly cared for Jessi’s opinion because she is my one constant. She has been there with me since I was reborn down in Diamond Bar and she taught me how to hunt when I was brought into Hyoyeon’s coven. She even helped me figure out my favorite food.

“Of course not sweetie. You love her and that’s all that matters. Plus, I feel as though she and I have a few things in common.” Jessica smiled and placed a kiss on my forehead before moving next to her ‘y monkey’ and cheering for her.

“Tiff? Come over here and cheer for me!” Taeyeon called out. I rolled my eyes.

“Sorry sis. The TaeNy vs. YulSic war will have to continue another night. I haven’t hunted in a long time and, from my visions, deer is in high quantity tonight.” I laced up my shoes and stood by the door.

“Seobaby, you wanna come? There’s a decent amount of cougars tonight as well.” Seohyun slowly stood and bit her lip.

“Yea, I’ll come with you….but please don’t leave me again.” I giggled as we walked out the door, promising I wouldn’t.

“Besides Seo, I doubt any humans will be around at this time. You should be safe. Especially with me there.” I winked at her and with that, we ran.

I had caught myself a rich blooded deer while Seohyun caught a nice strong cougar. After we were full, we sat by the nearby lake and gazed at the stars. It was peaceful until I heard some leaves rustle.

“Did you hear that?” I sat up and Seohyun was already on her feet.

“I heard a growl I think.” Seohyun was getting into a defensive stance. A wolf then appeared with jet black fur and pure golden eyes. It looked up at us and cocked its head to the side. It caught my gaze and whimpered. Why does it look so familiar? Unfortunately, Seohyun misinterpreted the whimper as a growl and growled back. The wolf then bared its teeth, though it didn’t seem like it would attack. But I don’t think Seohyun was in the same mindset.

“Not my favorite animal but I guess it’ll have to do” Seohyun swiped at the wolf who just backed up, still looking at me with those familiar eyes. Where have I seen those eyes before? I broke from my trance early enough to notice Seohyun was going in to bite her. I don’t know why, but impulse made me jump in between the two.

“No! Seo don’t bite it!!” Seo looked at me questioningly.

“Why not?? It’s just a wolf.” I turned and looked at the wolf in front of me. Those golden eyes….where have I—

“Sooyoung?” I held the wolf’s head to face me. She whimpered again and nodded slightly. I immediately hugged her.

“Sooyoung?!” Seohyun kneeled beside me and felt her emotions.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry.” WolfSoo shook her head and let out something like a wolf grin, showing peace.

“It’s so late, why are you out?” WolfSoo looked up at the moon.

“Oh yea…the full moon is soon, huh?” she nodded again, head bowed in shame.

“Don’t worry. We don’t think any different of you. In fact, Yuri and Taeyeon think it’s pretty cool.” WolfSoo looked up again and nodded she showed me her hind leg which had some clothes and her phone attached to it.

“They texted you already, huh?” She nodded again.

“Oh that reminds me, Hyoyeon wants to talk to you. Do you think you can drop by tomorrow after school?” WolfSoo nodded and turned away from us. She slowly lifted her paw and waved it before running off.

“Bye Sooyoung!” Seohyun and I said before running back home.

“I can’t believe you almost bit her!” Seohyun and I came into the house to see our family in the living room.

“I’m sorry!!” Seohyun apologized for the nth time.

“Who’d you almost bite?!” Taeyeon panicked.

“Chill…I stopped her. We came across a wolf in the woods.” I said.

“Just a wolf? That’s no biggie. Why did you stop her?” Jessica said. I rolled my eyes.

“The wolf was Sooyoung.” I explained.

“Really?! What was she doing out??” Yuri asked.

“The full moon's coming soon. She was out looking at it, I guess.” I said.

“It’s a good thing you didn’t bite her Seohyun.” Hyoyeon said.

“Well yea. I’d hate the guilt of biting a friend afterwards.” Seohyun replied.

“Yes, there is that, but also, vampire venom is poison to their blood. One venomous bite from us and Sooyoung could’ve died. Another reason why our venom is retractable.” Hyoyeon said.

“Poisonous? Is that why she asked me not to bite her?” Taeyeon asked.

“Wait you were going to bite her?” Yuri asked.

“Of course not! I was saying how it would be frowned upon by the family since, at the time, I only knew her as a human. I even mentioned how it would be especially frowned upon by Tiffany.” Taeyeon smirked.

“You. Did. Not!” I said.

“I. Did. So!!” Taeyeon laughed as I started chasing her around the house. Our family laughed around us, watching in amusement as the telepathic and precognition gifted sisters ran around our house. I could see where she was planning to go and she could hear my thoughts, so it was pretty evenly matched.

~~**~~**~~

Yay WolfSoo~ And smart Kim family knowing so much already XD

Oh thank god I feel better now so I can write.

Questions and comments down below <3

WHATS UP

I’m exhausted but still trekking on!

This story started flowing out like word vomit but then I corrected it haha

Everything has been so distracting lately. I mean out of nowhere I’m all over BeChloe again. *Don’t worry if you don’t know who that is*

But yea. I’m crazy, so thanks for sticking around ^^

Love you guys! <3 Bai~