Friends With A Vamp

Struggles of an Imprint

I struggled to take notes as I could feel three stares bearing holes into my back. Would you have guessed that there were three in this class??

I recognized the youngest as Seohyun and she held a sad expression. Another was Yuri, holding a concerned expression. The last was an unfamiliar vampire but she looked to be the eldest of the three. Normally, vamps don’t scare me, but this one had this super pissed looked that would’ve had my wolf tail between my legs.

“Samantha, please come and answer this problem.” The teacher said. Nobody stood and I looked around wondering why. The teacher looked over in my direction.

“Ehem, Samantha?” Suddenly, the new vamp shoved Seohyun’s shoulder. She finally broke from her sad stare and looked at the teacher.

“Ah…s-sorry” Seohyun stood and shyly went to the board, answering the problem perfectly. So her English name is Samantha? She must not be used to it if she doesn’t respond immediately to it.

“Very good, Samantha.” Seohyun nodded and returned to her seat, her somber expression returning as well. I wonder what’s wrong…not that I really care. She’s a nice person though.

“Now, maybe your sister can answer this next one. Nicole, would you please?” Again, there was no response until the new vamp whispered.

“Yul, the teacher is calling on you” Yuri then stood and apologized before also answering her problem perfectly.

“Great job, Nicole.” Yuri nodded slightly before taking her seat again. Hmm, also unfamiliar with her name? Though, that’s probably why she introduced herself as Yuri. And I understand too…I do prefer my Korean name. I heard the vamps talking again so I tuned in.

“Thanks unni.” Seohyun said.

“Yea babe, thanks.” Yuri added.

“You guys should really pay attention more, especially with the English names. I can’t always be there to help you remember.” Yuri and Seohyun nodded.

“We will, Jessica. Promise.” So she naturally has an English name? Hm…their coven leader probably came here for her.

“Good. Now can someone tell me what the hell is going on with this new girl? She did something to Tiff and I don’t like it.” Yuri and Seohyun both smiled.

“That’s…you know.” Jessica stared blankly at them before it finally clicked, I guess.

“Oh! That’s—” Seohyun nodded.

“But she smells…different.”

“We know. Appa Hyo is going to figure it out.” Seohyun said.

“I still think it’s totally weird that you call Hyoyeon ‘Appa’.”

“Well, I think it’s weird that you call her, Hyoyeon.” Jessica shrugged.

“Fair enough. Want to walk together to lunch?” The two younger vamps nodded.

“Yea, cuz I’m soooo hungry.” Yuri rolled her eyes, making the other two giggle. Even I smiled a bit.

The bell rung signaling lunch break. FINALLY! I’m starving. The whole werewolf thing does wonders to your appetite. I grabbed my food and found an empty table.

“Who’s the new girl?” “She’s hot.” “Look at her eyes.” Wow, people just can’t keep to themselves, can they? A group of girls then approached me.

“Hi! I’m Sandara Park, you can call me Dara. This is my twin sister Bom and our friends Minzy and Chaerin.” An older girl, probably a Junior, said.

“The name's CL, Dara. I’ve told you that.” A sophomore said.

“Ah sorry, forgot. Anyways, can we sit here?” I looked over to the girls and shrugged.

“I don’t see a problem with it.” They took their seats and smiled at me.

“So, where are you from?” Bom asked me.

“I was born in Korea, but moved here around 3rd grade. Then, after my parents divorced in middle school, I’ve been there with my mom and back here with my dad. This is the first full school year here in a while.

“Wow…so you’re just all over the place.” CL tapped her fork against her tray. I nodded.

“That’s cool. I’m pretty much here, Minzy was originally in Korea, and Dara and Bom spent most of their years in the Philippines.” I nodded and smiled.

“That’s pretty cool, maybe you could teach me some Tagalog, then I can try communicating with my family there.” I told them. They nodded excitedly but before they could respond, the lunchroom doors opened and Tiffany’s family entered.

“Hey, so…who are they?” I asked. Dara looked from them to me.

“They are the Kims. Their mom is a doctor and their other mom is—”

“The Korean teacher”  I finished. Dara nodded.

“See that blonde girl? That’s Jessica. Jessica Jung-Kim Sooyeon, Junior year. She prefers her birth English and last name over Dr. Kim’s. So when referring to her it’s Jessica Jung. Not Jessica Kim, not Kim Sooyeon, not Jung Sooyeon. Not unless you want to die, because if looks could kill…” I glanced at Jessica and she seemed pleased with her description because I caught her smirk. I made that mental note and nodded.

“The girl walking with her is Nicole Kwon-Kim Yuri, Sophomore year. She’s indifferent about which last name is used, but she doesn’t seem to respond to her English name so much. She’s dating Jessica, so…she’s off limits.” Bom joked. I laughed along and nodded again.

“The young girl walking behind them is Samantha Seo-Kim Juhyun or Seohyun. She’s indifferent about the last name thing, but is also not too familiar with her English name. I don’t blame them, I heard they were born in Korea. Anyways, she is also in her Sophomore year. That straight face girl next to her is Alicia Kim Taeyeon. She’s also a Junior with Jessica and is the oldest of the bunch.” CL said.

“Tiffany Hwang-Kim Miyoung is the last girl with the overpowering smile. She prefers Tiffany Hwang. She won’t kill you if you call her Miyoung or Kim, but she doesn’t like it very much. She and Jessica were born in California. She’s a Sophomore, and a really bubbly one. She’s the baby of their group.” Minzy said.

“Dr. Kim adopted them all. That’s why they all have different surnames and Jessica and Tiffany have English names. She’s brave, taking in a bunch of kids the same age. Their parents are really nice." Dara informed. I’m guessing they heard our entire conversation because once they got to their seats they stared right at me. Good camouflage strategy. They weren’t even gonna try to get food?? Just take out your blood pouches why don’t you.

Then out of nowhere, the oldest vamp…Taeyeon was it?... started laughing.

“Hmm…Yuri probably said something really funny if Taeyeon laughed.” Dara said. She looked at me and continued.

“She doesn’t laugh like that often.”

“So Yuri is a funny girl?”

“Oh, definitely. And she’s quite proud of it.” Bom laughed.

All of a sudden, I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Yuri. She smiled widely at me.

“Heyo~ Can I, uh, talk to you?” I looked at my table and they were all staring in awe.

“Uhm…yea sure? Right now?” She nodded.

“I’ll be waiting for you at the doors.” She walked off and I bit my lip.

“How are you friends with Yuri? They don’t really talk to anybody but each other.” Bom inquired.

“We aren’t that close…” I replied and grabbed my stuff. I left the area, glancing at the Kim table as I followed Yuri out the door. I caught Tiffany’s eyes and she smiled lightly at me. My wolf howled and  I couldn’t help the slight smile that slipped out. Yuri stopped walking a few paces from the building and turned to smile at me.

“So what’s up Kwon…or Kim…or whoever you are.” That had Yuri laughing.

“If anything, call me Kwon, please. Kim still sounds weird to me.” I made a mental note and nodded.

“And I was sent to talk to you because we’re friends, though somebody’s kinda jelly about it. Tiffany.” She coughed. And I could distinctly hear Tiffany’s complaints over her family’s teasing from inside.

“Wait we’re friends? I didn’t know one conversation initiated by me dying meant immediate friendship.” Yuri chuckled.

“Okay, okay….maybe we aren’t friends yet, but we’re getting there-sidenote: I'm trying to get there by the end of this conversation; besides, I’ve talked to you the most.” She draped an arm around my shoulder.

“Honestly, we may never be friends, Yuri. I have a problem making friends. It’s just in my nature” I tried to remove her arm lightly but Yuri just shrugged and held on.

“Fair enough…which brings me to why I was sent to you, what exactly is your nature? Because you definitely smell different and we know that you aren’t exactly human.”

“Correct. But I don’t have to tell you anything, Yuri. Now I’m going to be civilized and go back inside. Excuse me.” I turned to head back before I heard Yuri’s next words.

“Okay…before you go, Tiffany says she’s sorry for making you upset, and Taeyeon applauds you for figuring out what we are.” I stopped.

“Well for one, it wasn’t that hard considering you smell different too, but how did she know that I knew?” Yuri tapped her toe to an imaginary beat and looked at me.

“She’s a mind reader…it’s her gift. But I think she’d rather explain that herself…even though they probably already heard me from here.” I nodded once and turned to walk again.

“Oh and tell Seohyun to feel better? I noticed her in math and…though I don’t care about vamps…she seems civil enough.”

“And I’m not?” Yuri feigned hurt before smiling again.

“Yea Seohyun’s a good girl, but she wasn’t actually sad. Seohyun’s gift is empathy. She feels others emotions and, though she can also alter them, Tiffany asked her not to. She doesn’t like the fake happiness. Tiff wasn’t feeling too hot after her English class.” Yuri looked up at me with innocent eyes. I groaned and turned to her.

“Tell her I’m sorry for snapping? You’d be a lifesaver.” I inwardly chuckled at the irony in that statement.

“I will…but only if you’ll be my friend.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yuriiiiii” said girl shook her head.

“Fine.” I stuck my hand out to her. Yuri looked at it before raising an eyebrow.

“The hell is that?”

“It’s a handshake. Let’s make a deal here.” Yuri laughed.

“Aw hell no. As probably my first real friend outside my family, you should know I’m a hugger!” With that, she wrapped her vampire embrace around me.

“God you smell, really, really sweet!!” I complained. She pulled back from me.

“I smell sweet to you? Hm…you don’t smell bad, which is probably why we don’t know what you are. We know you aren’t a shifter because those guys smell like wet dog. You smell kind of earthy…with a hint of smoke. But not gross smoke…like what barbecue would smell like if we still ate.” I smiled at her.

“Here’s a hint, all of my kind smell earthy. The extra scent matches up to your gift or power. Yes, we have gifts too.” Yuri crept up behind me.

“What’s yours?” she whispers before poking me, making me move away from her while laughing.

“I can control heat and fire related things. That’s why I’m warmer than others of my kind.. And that’s saying something because we’re naturally pretty freakin warm.” Yuri clapped excitedly.

“That’s cool! Not all vampires have gifts, but everyone in my family does.”

“Oh? And what’s yours?” Yuri smiled proudly.

“The gift of funny. Duh! Though I won’t take credit for Taeyeon’s laughter earlier. That was all you, which I commend you on. She doesn't laugh like that too much outside of the house.” She pointed lazily to me and I chuckled. She smiled cheekily.

“Kidding. But my real gift is strength and attraction.” I took in her build and nodded.

“Okay I get that. Well just know, we shouldn’t be friends. You’ll understand why when Dr. Kim figures me out. Oh and, if it helps, I can hear everything you guys say.” I left Yuri with a lost expression and went back inside. Yuri followed after, her lost expression gone and a triumphant expression placed.

“Sooyoung’s my friend~ Sooyoung’s my friend~” I could hear her gloat. I looked over at their table and Yuri winked at me. I shook my head and smiled. That had Tiffany’s attention. She started whining to Yuri while the family also tried to understand exactly what happened outside, except for Taeyeon who obviously already knew what was going on. I watched as Seohyun seemed to be having a problem keeping everyone’s emotions under control. Poor girl.

 

~~**~~**~~**

Kablamo….? What ? haha

Well anyways yes, this is the next lovely chapter.

SMYoung: No Tiff is not annoying, she’s just very bubbly. Yuri is saying that, if Sooyoung doesn’t like Yuri, and Yuri is quite a happy person, then she’d hate Tiffany for her bubbliness. And yes, imprinting is fully unintentional for all werewolves. You never know until you meet that one person. As for Sulli, you shall find out in the upcoming chapters :)

Any questions? Leave them down below.

WHAT’S UP

Heyooo

I’m jumping into Summer Volleyball soon and I still have to finish my summer work :(

The eventfulness of my summer is exciting and different. Usually I just sit there…reading…fanfics. XD

But yes, new things are happening and it is confusing for me. Hoping to get a new laptop soon, also.

Kay that’s all for now. Love you guys!