Moving

Struggles of an Imprint

I hate coming back to America all the time. My "dad" doesn't even like me. Granted, my mom isn't exactly my biggest fan, but at least she still let's me call her mom. Not only do my parents choose to not acknowledge my life, but I'm a freak. Phasing for the first time because some kid in 7th grade pissed me off at the wrong time. Stupid kid. Stupid puberty. Stupid phasing. Like what kind of normal kid changes into an animal?!

At least my parents were able to get me out of the area before the phase...that would have been bad. But now, my parents don't even act like I'm their child. The only reason they even keep me around is because I'm still in my Sophomore year. Like honestly? I couldn't even grow up remotely normal....well, whatever.

I looked out the window and saw my stop, LAX airport. Oh joy...

As I exited LA's airport, I could already sense all the other supernaturals. My dad, or David as I have called him since our first conversation post-phase, came and picked me up in his stupid Chevrolet Fleetside.

“It’s been in the family since it first came out,” David tells me everytime I tell him to get rid of it.

“It’s a 1967, David. You were probably the first one in the family to get it,” I say back. He doesn’t respond as he drives me up to Big Bear. We lose sight of the main freeways and begin to enter a sea of trees. The closer we get to home, the stronger sense I get of the supernaturals. Wonderful, there’s a pack of shifters. They probably think they’re the . I scoff at my own thought. Shifters can get so cocky, but I won’t involve myself until it’s necessary.

There’s another supernatural here…it’s –I take a quick whiff of the air– Damn….leeches! And a crap load of them too. I groan at the thought.

All you have to do is avoid them, Sooyoung. Just ignore them.

That shouldn’t be too much of a problem. I shouldn’t have to worry about them unless I’m in human form. I can still access my powers and the healing process is the same, but I’m way slower and weaker, even with my heightened senses, speed, and reaction time.

Ugh but god do I hate leeches. Blood threats to life. My kind is meant to hate them, and I do. I’m Sooyoung, a child of the moon, or a pure werewolf.

We finally got home and I went inside. David followed after, grunting as he saw me standing near his recliner. I backed up from it and stood by the stairs.

“Your room is the same as before. School starts tomorrow. The Spark is yours.” He chucked the keys to me then went straight to his recliner. At least he was straight to the point, just how I like it. I brought my stuff up to my room and unpacked. He wasn’t kidding when he said nothing changed. My room was literally exactly how I left it.

The thing I love about this house is that David’s room is downstairs while mine is upstairs with all of the guest rooms, and I have a bathroom all to myself. And David leaves me alone, which I prefer.

“Well this should be one hell of a school year…” I mumbled as I finished putting clothes into my closet and drawers.

I sit on the bed and look out to the moon. I look in my mirror and notice the slight gold entering my eyes and the ends of my hair darkening. I took out a picture and finally let a lone tear drop after holding in all of my emotions.

“The full moon’s coming soon….I miss you Sul…I’m sorry” with those last words, I let my exhaustion take over my body and drifted off to sleep.

 

~~**~~**~~

Hey!!

I’m back with this new story.

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. Yes, I know it was short, but I find that my thoughts get brought together better with shorter chapters.

What’s Up

Heyyy first real what’s up for my new story!

This story, like the others, will have some of those special connections to the real life of me.

Summer vacation in about 1 week! So after the stress of finals and volleyball tryouts, I shall be all up on my stories trying to situate myself and write.

And that’s What’s Up!

 

Thanks for the support

Saranghae <3

Keep Calm and Stay Daebak!