Happy Hearts

Distance Means Hello (Sequel)

"Damn," Mark thought. "What the hell did I do?" He banged his head into his pillow. It was the only thing that wouldn't hurt him.

"Yo, hyung you alright, man?" Jackson examined Mark thoroughly.

Mark couldn't believe he ruined the normal state between Kate. They weren't on good terms, but it worked fine when they both avoided talking about their true feelings. Last night confirmed it for him. Kate has really moved on. Now, he's the bad guy for thinking of another girl when he already had a good, faithful one by him.

"Kate is tearing me up piece by piece." Mark ruffled his hair.

"But aren't you over her?"

"I'm over her when I'm with Cecilia, but when I'm alone or around her, I feel the magnetic waves pulling me to her again."

Jackson knew it was unhealthy for Mark. "You should really stop seeing her or talking to her. It's the best for you."

Mark looked at Jackson as if it sounded impossible to do. "These meetings are unplanned. They just happen. I feel as if they happen because they're directing us to one another, but because of our stubbornness, we aren't allowing anything to happen."

"So are you going to drop Cecilia?"

Mark found himself stuck. Cecilia cared for him and he couldn't do this to her. At the same time, she didn't need to suffer unknowingly that there was another girl on his mind at certain times.

"I don't know..."

"I say you should wait it off. Maybe when you distant yourself from Kate, things will flow back to normal again. This is probably just a phase."

Mark nodded but something within him didn't want his feelings to only be a phase.



It's as if my words the other night to Mark was being tested because today, Meng decided to surprise me with a heart-trembling statement.

"Kate, you've been a great friend to me. I don't know how I would've lived here in Korea without you. We've shared so much experience together that I think it'll be hard to forget someone like you."

"That's so sweet of you to say. I'm glad you took part in my life." I warming it smiled at his words.

"And because of that, I have a question..."

I waited.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

The people in the school cafe seemed to have disappeared. I didn't hear a sound aside from my thumping heart. Why was I nervous all of a sudden? 

Because of my loss of words, Meng talked again. "I want you to be the newest addition to my life as someone more than a friend. You have a positive affect on me."

Him talking about me being an affect on him made me travel back to the other night when Mark confessed that I had a strange way of swaying him. I heard a tray drop and I zoomed back into what was happening. A girl at the counter had dropped her tray of food.

"Meng, I....I...."

I thought for seconds and I suddenly felt a relief, a push for me to tell him the answer he wanted to hear. My heart lightened and the sun suddenly became brighter through the windows. I took it as a sign that it was right. I still felt troubled, but I took on the answer confidently. There was really nothing holding me back. The thought of Mark made me hesitate, but knowing he had someone by him now, I was willing to give this a shot and move myself onto something new and better. I couldn't deny that I did feel something for Meng. He was full of his own charm.

"Yes, Meng. I'd love you be your girlfriend." I breathed out with a smile plastered on my face.

His cheeks shifted upwards as his teeth showed. He leaned into hug me and we both shared the embrace strongly.


After years of heartache and trying to figure it out alone, I felt set free to have met someone like Meng. He modern told me I was special even if I wasn't told so through the eyes of a man. He reassured me that I am special once I tell myself that I am. He had a positive affect on me too. I don't regret saying yes.

 


The Got7 boys gathered around the living room for a movie and Jr chose to bring up Kate and Meng.

"I heard Kate and Meng hyung are together now. Love is in the air!"

Mark's ears directed toward JR's words.

BamBam and Yugyeom clapped. "I want to congratulate them!"

Jackson looked at Mark, trying to not make it obvious that he knew Mark didn't feel like celebrating such thing. Mark say Jackson look at him so he straighter up his posture and expression. 

"How did you hear about that, Jr?" Mark asked as he fixed his hat onto his head after smoothing out his brown hair.

"I heard some of the university students talk about it. Everyone seems to like them together."

JB nodded, "They do match."

Everyone seemed to have brushed off the fact that Mark had something for Kate. They have moved on from that knowledge as well. Mark didn't feel like doing anything now. The news was able to destroy his mood.


There was a knock at their door and Youngjae had gotten up to open it. Cecilia stood outside. Marks name was called by the younger male and Mark saw who it was. Kate washed away at the sight of Cecilia.

"Hey, Mark. Are you busy?" His girlfriend's white, pale skin made him want to run his hand along her jawline and lift her up for a kiss.

"No, I'm free. Did you want to do something?" His voice sounded desperate for a getaway.

"I was thinking about going for a walk since it's nice out this evening."

Mark took the chase to escape the crowd of boys that were talking about Meng and Kate. They both went out into the streets and walked around the block then stopped where the city lights could be spotted from the bench that overlooked the river. They both sat and leaned into one another. The quietness was chilling, but comfortable. Mark was a man of few words so he didn't mind. Cecilia surprisingly didn't say anything once they sat down.

Mark's fingers always found themselves rummaging through her silky, soft hair. He found it relaxing and it also relaxed her. He watched as the city lights reflected onto the water. Being with his girlfriend like this made him content with the man he's become. He left a kiss on too of her head. Not long after that, he heard her sniffle like she had started crying. He leaned away from her to see what was wrong.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He pushed back the strands of hair that hid her precious face.

She wiped away her tears and smiled. "Nothing. I'm just having happy thoughts."

Mark sighed in relief, trusting her words. "Don't scare me like that. I was worried for a minute there."

She sniffled again, "Mark...."

"Hm?" 

"Just hold me a bit tighter, please?" 

He did as he was ordered. If it was to make her happy, he'd do it.

"What happy thoughts are you thinking about?" Mark wrapped his arms tighter around her body.

"I'm happy to know you can love sincerely. I'm happy that you are someone faithful when you love. I'm happy I can share this moment with you."

Her words hit him right in the center. He felt undeserving of those words. "That's why you're crying?" He questioned teasingly.

"There's more to it, but I'll leave it at that for tonight." She wiped her tears and closed her eyes as she leaned into his chest.


 


 


Meng massages my shoulders as we watched tv. I felt as if my tension had vanished. Life was good and Meng has best the person that has made me the happiest. We had little arguments, but we always over can them with laughter and discussions. It wasn't all flowers and smiles, but we balanced it all well.

"The other day I called my mom and told her about you, about us."

"Really? Did you speak nicely about me?" 

I giggled and held onto his hands to stop him from massaging my shoulders. "Of course. There's nothing bad of you to tell her yet."

"Yet? I'll make sure there's never a bad thing about me to talk about." He crossed his arms around me and pulled me into his chest so that my back would collide into him.

"Are you trying to lock me in between your arms?" I joked.

"I would if I had the power to." He kissed my cheek ever so gently.

My stomach took a jump and my heart flapped around with wings. Meng's simple actions and words really had a toll on me.


Cecilia sat in the crowd of fans as she watched her boyfriend and his group perform their newest single and promote their mini album. From her view, she saw how carefree Mark looked on stage. He didn't seem to have any bother. He smiled each time he heard his name be called out in the big stadium. Mark would wave and send kisses and hearts to his fans. She felt the need to cry once again. Her heart could hold in what she was feeling. Especially her eyes, they didn't allow her to hold back the rivers that were now escaping. Because of her closeness to the stage, she didn't want to make it obvious that tears were on her face. She didn't want Mark to see. She sat in the reserved section for the JYP artists and trainees who came to support the boys. Her friends noticed and patted her, asking what was wrong. They've never seen her like this. Her emotional state was never revealed.

"Excuse me." She didn't want to clarify anything so she got up.

As soon as she did, Mark spotted her standing figure from the stage. He saw that she was crying and he didn't know why. Why was she leaving in the middle of his song with tears? His feet wanted to run to her, but his conscious held him from doing so.

 


"Cecilia! Cecilia!" Mark called for his girlfriend after the show was over. She had left the building. There was no trace of her there. He traced his way to her dorm to check if she was there.

Thinking it was her members who've returned from the Got7's show, she opened. Seeing who it was, she gave a faint smile and invited him in.

He glanced at her carefully. "Why'd you leave so early?"

"I just didn't feel well."

"Oh, where are you hurting?"

"Here." She placed a palm over her heart.

Mark was going to say something, but she invaded the pause. "Why didn't you change first? You're still in your performing clothes."

"I was worried about you. I saw you leave and the others didn't seem to know why so I came like this."

Cecilia gave him another one of her deadly, sweet smiles. "I'm good. Don't worry."

"We should get you checked. What if you're having heart issues? We should get it taken care of soon."

She heard the urgency in his voice and it made her once again happy to know he cared about her. She felt bad for worrying him, but he didn't understand. He's not going to understand.

He dragged her to the door, but she stopped him. "Mark, it's too late to see the doctor. I know what I need to do. I just need to get rest and take medicine. I'll be fine."

Mark breathed out in defeat. "Go shower. I'll make something for us to eat."

Just as she walked back to her room to do exactly what Mark suggested, she turned back to glance at him rummaging through her fridge. Her lips quivered, but she managed to smile with tears threatening to fall out again.