oo6

So Happy Together

.Chapter oo6.

Moonsoo sits on his bed and watches his babysitter having a dilemma from picking the colour of the pyjama he will wear tonight. He sighed after a couple of seconds passed and looks at Sungyeol’s scrunched-up face, he stared at it for a moment and sighs again

“What’s the problem Sungyeol-ah? It’s just a pyjama” Moonsoo jumps off his bed and walk towards his babysitter then stand in front of him

“I know it’s just a pyjama but…I want you to wear something new” Sungyeol raise one of the pyjama “I mean, look, light blue…is this the only colour you have?”

Moonsoo rolled his eyes to the man in front of me “I like light blue, nothing’s wrong with that”

Sungyeol looks down at the kid with a raise brow “Uh-huh, right…” Then he enters the walk-in closet again and searched for something while talking to himself. After a few minutes, Sungyeol walks out the door with a plastered smile on his face “I found one, and I think it will look good on you—come and let’s get you change” Sungyeol motioned Moonsoo to come to him and the kid tiredly followed, he really wants to get over this thing so that he could get to sleep already.

 

“There…see, I told you it looks good on you” Sungyeol grins at his work

“Looks good? You made me into a girl!” Moonsoo shouted exasperatedly “Where did you even get this?!”

Sungyeol straightens Moonsoo’s pink pyjama with a warm proud smile and gives the little shoulder a soft pat “I just saw it in one of the hidden boxes in your closet” Then he held both of the kid’s shoulder firmly “Let’s get you to bed”

Moonsoo stared at Sungyeol’s face again, he’s been doing that lately and he doesn’t know why. Every time the babysitter smiles, he can’t help but to look at it. It’s like there’s something on the smile that keeps him staring and sometimes lost in trance. It’s like the smile that his mommy gives him.

He let Sungyeol lead him to bed and put him under his cozy blanket. It feels weird tonight though, because whenever one of the twins puts him to bed, no matter how cozy the blanket is, Moonsoo will still feel cold, but tonight felt a little weird, it seems warm

“So what story would you like me to read?” Sungyeol asked as he switch the night lamp on and turns off the light

Moonsoo stays quiet for a moment before he replies “I don’t need that, I’m not a baby anymore” He turn his back and face the wall. A bed time story means remembering the past. Remembering how happy his family before.

Sungyeol looks at the child’s back and sighs, then his eyes wondered at the dimmed room and stops at one of the corner and found a story book in the study desk “Anyways, a baby or not, you’re still a kid” He said as he reach for the book and went to sit down in the bed next to Moonsoo “Lemme see, what story should I read…”

“I told you I don’t need it!” Moonsoo turns to him with an annoyed face

“You’re not the boss of me kid, so whether you like or not, I’m reading you a fu— a story! Ya get that?”

Moonsoo turns around again and hide in his blanket “Suit yourself!”

Sungyeol smirked and starts reading the bed time story where he found a bookmark on one of the pages.

Moonsoo’s brow meets at the middle as he tried not to listen to the story, because that story is what his mommy always read to him when she was still with them. Moments had passed and he surrendered to Sungyeol’s voice, he listens to the story and little did he know he’s slowly drifting to sleep.

 

Sungyeol finished the story and puts the book on the nightstand, he reaches for the blanket and uncover Moonsoo’s face. He neatly fixes the blanket and walks out of the room, looking back for the last time to check everything before closing the door. He decided to go back to the kitchen to see at what his boss did but as he entered the room, he was greeted by the twins

“Oh Sungyeol-ah” Said Daeryong as he put the plates back to the cabinet “Thanks for the salpicao”

“Yeah, never thought you could pull it off” Soryong dried his hands at one of the kitchen towel

Sungyeol snickered and shook his head “One of my hidden talent guys, by the way, is everything okay or is something else that needs to be clean or done?”

Daeryong smiled and shook his head “We can handle it Sungyeol, just take a rest, you still have a morning class tomorrow”

Sungyeol salutes to the two childishly and bows to them before walking away to his room. He opens the door and was shock to see his boss sitting at the sofa while reading a book “What the hell are you doing here?” He puts a hand on his chest and tries to relax his heart “You almost gave me a heart attack”

Myungsoo closes the book and puts it beside him “I wanted to tell you something, and I guess I’ll be needing your help too”

Sungyeol shrugged his shoulder and walk towards the bed and sits at the corner “Okay, spill then I’ll think if I can help or not”

Myungsoo rolls his eyes to the babysitter before he started talking “Alright, I’m getting engaged and my son doesn’t have a clue about it and—”

“Just tell him”

Myungsoo stops from talking and looks at Sungyeol is as if the babysitter had grown another head “Are you serious? I don’t even know if he’s ready for a new mom or something!”

“Then ask him”

“Wow Sungyeol, thank you for being unhelpful” Myungsoo shook his head and stands up from the sofa, ready to leave the room but then he heard a laugh coming from the bed, making him stop from what he was about to do

“Oh my god, I was just playing with you man, never thought you’ll take it seriously” Sungyeol stands up from the bed and made his way to his boss “But seriously boss, you should talk to him about it, if he doesn’t like the idea, he got nothing to do about it because you’re the dad, the big man y’know? Sooner or later, he’ll learn to accept it” Sungyeol pats his boss back “The important thing is—he knows”

Myungsoo stared at the man beside him before sighing heavily.

 

The morning came and everyone was in the dining room. Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Moonsoo are having their breakfast quietly. Myungsoo noticed that Sunugyeol keeps giving him eye signals to start the conversation with Moonsoo, but he tried to ignore it first. Moonsoo in the other hand was busy eating his breakfast with Daeryong.

Sungyeol leans forward to Myungsoo’s side and whisper “You should tell him now, before it’s too late”

Myungsoo looks back at him a little annoyed “I’ll tell him when the right time comes”

“There is no such thing as ‘right time comes’, you make your own right time idiot” Sungyeol whispered harshly “You asked for my help, and this is it! I’m telling you to talk to your son now!”

“Don’t pressure me” Myungsoo’s eye twitched at Sungyeol

Sungyeol stared at his boss for a moment before sighing loudly, successfully getting the attention of Moonsoo and Daeryong “Moonsoo, your dad got something to tell you”

Moonsoo raise a brow to his babysitter before looking at his dad who’s sitting beside Sungyeol. From that moment, Myungsoo wanted to strangle the man beside him to shut him up, but that would be displaying violence in front of his child and not a very good example from a parent, so he just cleared his throat and cross his arms in front of his chest

“Moonsoo-ya, daddy wants to tell you a good news” Myungsoo tries to smile but it looks awkward, making the conversation more intense

Moonsoo sits quietly and lend his full ears to his dad when he heard that it’s a good news.

“You see son, daddy met someone that can be your new mommy” Myungsoo is taking it slowly, waiting for any reaction from his son, but the child’s face remains straight, so he continue to explain “So daddy and that someone planned to have an engagement—”

“Already?” Moonsoo asked, stopping his dad “Engagement already? I haven’t met this woman and you’re getting engaged?!”

Sungyeol stops from eating his breakfast as he heard Moonsoo talked. He looked at the child and saw the pained expression from its face, then he looks at his boss, whose face was stern and quiet.

“Since when dad?” Moonsoo’s voice was now strained

“Just a month ago, I met that person a month ago” Myungsoo answered the question “Moonsoo, I want you to cooperate with me, and don’t worry, you’ll soon meet that person and—”

Moonsoo suddenly jumps off his seat and run away from them. Sungyeol then looks at his boss and stared at him for a moment before giving his own words about the issue

“Don’t worry Myungsoo, you did the right decision to tell him” He looks at the door where Moonsoo went out “It’s up to him on how he would take it” Then he stands up from his seat and walk towards the door quietly, he went out and starts the search for Moonsoo.


[A/N] So here is an update hehe! Thank you for waiting everyone. Also, thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and the upvotes. Sorry for the wrong grammar guys. I'll update some of my other stories this week too, so look forward to it ^^