Starlight 30

Daddy's Shining Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Haruman neowa naega hamkkehal su itdamyeon ... Haruman neowa naega sonjabeul su itdamyeon ....” ByulHee sang happily, as she walked into the school grounds with a big smile plastered on her face. Her hands were swinging as she strolled, and greeted those who sent her a beam as she passed them by. All of the students there loved ByulHee, and she received ‘Good mornings’ from almost everybody.

“Have a good day, ByulHee-ssi.” A student said while ByulHee was standing at her locker and she threw the student a smile and replied, “And to you.” Once she was done taking her books, she turned to head towards her classroom and while doing so, she saw a student was crouching on the floor not far from where she was, her books scattered everywhere.

ByulHee quickly made her way towards the pupil and helped her gather her books, and the student offered her a grateful smile. “Thank you so much!” She said, and ByulHee just nodded her head with a never fading smile from her face. “No problem. Just be more careful, okay?”

She continued her journey towards her classroom and once she’d arrived, she settled herself on her seat and began sorting out the books according to the order of the lessons that day, before putting them under her desk. She’d always liked to do that, as she felt much more organized doing so.

“Morning, ByulHee.” A classmate said as she approached ByulHee’s table, and automatically ByulHee returned her greeting and gave her a smile. “And to you, EunMyung.” The classmate, whose name was EunMyung, later stretched her hand out towards ByulHee that was holding a book.

“Thank you for lending me your notebook, ByulHee. It really helped me a lot for the quiz.” EunMyung said as ByulHee took her book from EunMyung’s hand. Feeling grateful that she was able to help EunMyung with her quiz, ByulHee just waved her off and said, “No worries, EunMyung. I am glad that it was of assistance.”

After thanking her again, EunMyung returned to her seat while ByulHee kept the book inside her bag, for she had no use of it that day. And as she did so, her friend who was sitting in front of her, turned and shook his head at ByulHee as he’d heard and saw the whole thing a moment ago.

“That was what, the fourth time you loaned your notebook to someone this month?” Asked her friend and ByulHee just shrugged and said indifferently, “Who’s keeping count? And good morning to you too, SeHun.”

The friend named SeHun later rolled his eyes at her, before greeted her back but still didn’t let the previous issue go. “I think you’re being too nice with these people, ByulHee. You can’t keep lending them your notebook each time they ask it of you. Besides, they could’ve asked the person next to them, right. Why would they ask for yours? Let’s face it, all of them here are indolent to copy the notes that the teachers give but they know that you would have them.”

ByulHee swatted his arm and gave him a stern look. “Don’t say that, Sehunie. It’s not a nice thing to say about your classmates. And don’t let me remind you that you borrow my notes too sometimes, aye?”

SeHun blew a raspberry at that and said proudly. “Well, I am different. We’ve been friends for much longer than you’ve known any of these people.” ByulHee scoffed at his full of pride statement and lightly knocked his head with a book. “Just because you’ve known me longer doesn’t give you the right to say that. Everyone here is our friend, Sehunie and if they ask us for help, then we should help them if it is in our abilities to do so.”

SeHun puckered after ByulHee hit his head and whined while covering his head with his hands, “Hey, don’t mess with my hair! I spent a lot of time fixing it this morning. Well, I just don’t want them to use you is all. When they’re in no need to borrow your books or whatnot, never for once have they come up to you to just talk to you about normal stuff. They ignore you and only approach you only when they need something.”

ByulHee immediately smiled at this concern and nodded her head in understanding. “I get it Sehunie, and I really appreciate your concern. Well, if truth be told, I could care less whether they’re taking advantage of me or not as long as they’re not crossing the line. I don’t mind loaning them my books with the understanding that they return them in the exact good condition. If they rip them apart somehow or something’s wrong with it, then that would’ve been a different story.”

SeHun just listened to ByulHee’s explanation and somewhat had expected that kind of answer from her. In the end, he lifted his shoulders at her and gave her a smile, “Well, whatever you say. I just hope that you won’t turn into the Hulk if they’re messing with you, though I would’ve loved to see you get angry at them once in a while.”

ByulHee shook her head. “It’s always better to settle things with diplomacy and calmness, Sehunie, instead of going on a rampage. Besides, we’re actually giving them what they want if we lose control. It’s just the reaction that they want to see and giving them that is the same as letting them win.”

Moments later, their teacher arrived and stood in front of the class, or at the center to be precise. With a wide smile, she said to her students, “Morning, everyone. Before we proceed with the lessons of the day, I would like to inform you all of a good news. Today, a new crew will be joining our ship and I hope you can give him as much love and care as you have with one another.”

ByulHee’s ears perked up at the mention of a new student. “Oh, a new student. Did you hear that, Sehunie?” she asked the person in front of her, and to her surprise, SeHun nodded his head a little bit too excitedly.

ByulHee silently laughed at SeHun’s sudden eagerness when he heard that a new student will be joining their class and she carefully whispered, “Why are you so happy, Sehunie? Do you know who the student is? Is it a girl, hey?”

It was a bit weird for her opinion that suddenly SeHun seemed to be looking forward to meeting the new arrival, because new students often entered their class but SeHun never seemed to give a care so much. However, he still turned and carefully too, replied her whisper, “No, I don’t know the new student and I have no idea whether it’s a boy or a girl.”

“Then why do you look so happy?”

“Is it wrong to be happy when you have a new classmate?”

“No, it’s not but it’s weird if it is you who gets excited about it.” ByulHee said and SeHun only gave her a look. ByulHee just lifted her shoulders innocently and later received a rather strong pat on the head, as a punishment of what she’d just said.

Their teacher seemed to not notice of what was going on with the two, and was busy talking about something that could put all of them to sleep. “Don’t think of each other merely as friends, but think of one another as a family. We are in this together, in this class, striving to achieve the same goal, which is to get good results in the exams and be a better person as you lot grow. This is the time for you to know what the real meaning of friendship is! Hence, it is important for all of you kids to get along well with each other, to give one another a helping hand when needed, and be the kind of friends that all of you will remember for the rest of your lives. Take care of your friends because they are the most precious thing in the world! All of you are each other’s comrades, and comrades are comrades because they help each other out!”

“Hey ... Sehunie, are you thinking what I’m thinking?” ByulHee asked, with a light yawn at the end. SeHun nodded his head slowly and slightly turned towards her to answer, “Aye, I think I do. She’s got all those quotes from Fairy Tail.”

“I’m starting to feel pity towards the new student, if he or she is standing outside the class right now.” ByulHee said, and while she was energetic just a while ago, after hearing the teacher talking non-stop, she was starting to feel heavy-eyed already.

In fact, all of them were on the edge of falling asleep, while some already had, and while the teacher was still talking the class president had no choice but to stand up and ask, “Pardon me, miss, but should we let the new student enter now, if he is outside the classroom? I’m sure he’s been waiting f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter