Starlight 1

Daddy's Shining Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars.” 
― Stephenie Meyer, Twilight

In a small house in a peaceful and calm village, a soul was crying her heart out in her room while the rest of the village was asleep. It was late yet the crying woman couldn’t even stop her tears from flowing like a river escaping dam. She was curling herself up on the bed while her head rested on the pillow, which was now wet with her tears. A thin comforter was covering her body and both her hands were clutching it.

She had been crying for the past two hours and she tried to control the sound of her sob as to not wake up the rest of the neighbours. Their houses were very close to each other since it was only a small village, and only by the sound of her crying would wake the house next to hers since it was a very quiet night.

The crying lady’s mind couldn’t forget the dreadful tragedy that had befallen her that day. No matter how hard she tried to brush the thought off, she couldn’t do it and it led to her non-stop sobbing. Her heart was broken to million pieces and she felt as if life had been taken away from her. In her head, she could hear voices that were screaming at her and kept telling her that what happened was her fault and she was the one who held responsible.

The door was opened then and a figure entered before slowly made his way towards her. The figure sighed before crouching in front of her, beside her bed. The crying woman looked at the person and she started to cry harder. The person then her head and hushed her as she cried and assured her that it was okay.

“It was my fault.” The woman whispered in midst of her crying.

The man in front of her shook his head upon her statement and held her hands. It pained him to see her condition like that. The woman, who was his wife, the love of his life, looked so broken and devastated upon what happened earlier. Her eyes were getting swollen due to her non-stop crying and her voice had gotten hoarse.

As much as the tragedy broke his heart too, he couldn’t bear to see his wife in that condition. If it were up to him, he would wail his heart out as well but he couldn’t because he had to be strong for the both of them. 

He knew that his wife was having a more difficult time handling the situation so he had to make sure that he was in his best condition to support his beloved.

“None of it is your fault, love.” The man coaxed as he continued to his wife’s hair. “It just wasn’t meant to be. The baby was not for us. It will wait for us in heaven, okay ?”

The woman breathed in as more tears fell. Her hand then went to her stomach that once had a life in it, which was now gone just because she fell on the stairs earlier in the morning. It ached her to think that now there was nothing inside her anymore. After so many years, finally her and her husband’s lives were completed when they were confirmed that there was another living being growing inside of her.

It felt like their wishes and dreams had come true with the existence of the new life. However, it was not to last, when the woman had a miscarriage which had costed their baby’s life and she couldn’t conceive anymore for her own safety.

“I’m so sorry.” The woman whispered again before slowly drifting into sleep, with her other hand was gripping onto her husband’s.

After making sure that his wife was fully asleep, he slowly stood up bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter