chapter 5

love hurts

(baekhyun’s pov)

I open my eyes but my head is spinning. What happen to me?

“baby? Sunshine? Thank god you’re awake!” I open my eyes and I see yuri sitting next to the bed and she’s holding my hands. Her eyes are swollen and red. Did she cry?

“what happen? Where am i?” I ask her and look around.

“you’re at the nurse office and you passed out just now.”

I look at her. “I did? Well that explain the headache. God.”

“the nurse said you suddenly having attack. A minor attack of course. Damn I thought im gonna lose you.” she smile but tears falls to her cheek.

I sweep the tears with my thumb. “no im not going anywhere. Im here you silly.” I smile.

She smacks my hand. “don’t you ever do that again! sehun was worried sick when you passed out. Dear god you make me, sehun and jongin have a heart attack for awhile. But why did you have an attack?”

I look at her. “I saw something that I don’t wanna see. That’s why.”

She opens but the door slams open and I see sehun runs to me.

“dear god you’re awake! Don’t make me worry again okay?” sehun hugs me. I smile but my smile disappear when I see minah behind him, glaring at me.

I push sehun away and I look anywhere other than his face.

“yeah im here. I didn’t die yet. So please just go your class. I don’t want my step-brother to skip class because of me. I already have yuri. You don’t have to worry.” I answer flatly, showing that I didn’t care about him.

I look at yuri and she nods. “yeah sehun. Im here with him. You didn’t have to worry about him okay? Bye sehun.” Sehun open his mouth to say something but minah holds his arm, dragging him towards the door.

“come on sehun. Yuri is already with him. So now you have to stay focus on me okay?” I close my eyes. I feel my chest hurt again but I try to think of something else so that I wont get any attack but it’s just so hurt. Oh dear. Please just go away. I feel cold sweat on my forehead but I can still hear sehun and minah fighting. I cant take it anymore.

“can you just both get out? Cant you see baekhyun’s in pain?” yuri growl. Oh that sounds just like a tigress trying to protect her cub. So now im her cub? I wait until the door is close and I open my eyes.

I stare at the ceiling until yuri takes my hand. I look at her concern eyes. Oh no.

“baekhyun, can I ask you something?” oh no please don’t.

I nod.

“do you have an attack because you saw sehun and minah together?”

Oh crap. I try to give yuri a fake answer but seeing her looking at me with those concern eyes make me wanna tell her the truth. Well, I think I can trust her, right? she’s my best friend now.

I close my eyes and I nod. I feel her hands on my cheek, caressing it gently. I open my eyes and look at her eyes. She smiles at me.

“so you like sehun?”

I nod again.

“you’re a gay?” I stare at her. Do I really have to answer that question even I did nod for the two questions that she gave to me?

I give her the duh look and she smiles again, hugging me.

“I knew it!” wait what?

“huh?”

“I KNEW YOU LIKE SEHUN!” I roll my eyes.

“woman, do you want to tell the whole world that I like my own step-brother?”

She gives me a sheepish smile. “sorry.”

I roll my eyes again and I sigh. “what’s wrong?”

I look at yuri and hold her hands, sitting up. “promise me you wont tell sehun that Im gay and I like him. Please? I don’t want to ruin our brotherhood because im gay and I like him. Okay?” she nods eagerly.

“I wont.”

-

I walk pass the cafeteria’s door with yuri next to me. I see sehun and jongin with other guys at their tables. I sigh again and walk to our tables.

“let me take your food okay sick boy?” yuri smile at me and walk to the counter.

“are you okay?” I look up and I see jongin and sehun with minah behind him.

Damn it! Why do this always follows him? Dear please be so touchy or not im gonna have my attack again. !

“im good. Why?” I look only at jongin. I don’t want to look at sehun and that together.

“nothing. Me and sehun kinda having a heart attack when you passed out.” Jongin smile.

I look around. Where is yuri? “heh. well, im alive alright? Im good as new. I just saw something I don’t wanna see and it hurts my chest so much.” jongin nods but sehun’s eyes fill with anger. What the hell?

“what did you see? Who did you see?” I snort. Please boy. it was you.

“oh it’s not your damn business sehun. Im okay alright?” sehun’s face change from angry to hurt and minah glare at me.

“you jackass. Cant you see that sehun is trying to be nice to you? come on sehun. Let just ignore this . He didn’t want to be loved or cared.” I snort again. I open my mouth but yuri come storming at us.

“! GET AWAY FROM MY BABY! SEHUN! BRING THAT AWAY FROM US OR NOT IM GONNA CUT YOUR ARMS AND SLAP YOUR FACE WITH IT!” she screams and shot minah and sehun a glare.

Sehun nod and take minah away but jongin remains in the same place. He looks at me and yuri back and forth.

“care to tell me what happen just now?” I sigh and yuri look at me. I nod at her.

“we’ll tell you but promise us that you wont tell sehun okay?”

“but sehun is worried sick-“

“you want to know or not?” yuri growl. Okay, she’s my mommy now. Jongin blink and nod.

“baekhyun’s having an attack because of sehun. He felt hurt when he sees sehun and minah. So if you don’t want me to kick your , please get sehun and minah out of his sight. Okay?” jongin nod but he stare at me.

“if sehun’s alone?”

“if he’s alone, it’s okay. But if he’s with that whole, don’t let them near my baby. Got that?” jongin nods again and we eat in silence.

I walk out of the class and wait for sehun at the parking lot. I have to wait since yuri and jongin have their ‘twin moment’. I don’t want to disturb them.

“baekhyun!” I turn around and see sehun walk towards me with minah next to him. Oh no. I need to run. Quick, think baek. Think fast. I look around and I see a bus. Okay, here we go. When im about to run toward the bus, I feel a hand on my wrist. I stop and turn around.  Oh .

“where are you going? You okay?” I look at sehun. I crack a fake smile.

“yeah, I saw a-cat, yeah a cat just now. But yeah, he’s not there anymore. thanks to you.” sehun let my wrist go but still looking at me.

“okay, come on. We need to go. But im going to send minah to her house first okay?” I nod. Oh dear.

I open the car door and went in to the back seat. I immediately plug in my earphone and turn on my ipod. I let me and my broken heart by rixton play. I look out at the window and sigh. i let my mind control me.

I open my eyes when someone shake me softly.

“baekhyun. Wake up. We’re home.” When did I fall asleep? Look at sehun and try to smile but it fail. I push him away and dash to our room. I slump on the floor and I try to fight back my tears but I cant. it hurts so much. damn, love hurt so much.