chapter 1

love hurts

(baekhyun’s pov)

I stare at my mom. Why do I have to do this? Damn it! Why oh why?

“baekhyun! Stop all the drama! we’re just going to California. It’s not that bad.” My mom smacks my arm and folds her arms on her chest and huffs.

“well mother dearest, im okay if we’re going there on a vacation but we’re going there to meet my ing-“ she smacks my arms.

“language boy! Want me to chop you into pieces and feed you to the chicken?!” she said with wide eyes but I ignore her.

 “step-dad-wait not step-dad. My future step-dad! Are you insane woman? What if he’s a total ?”

she smacks me again. “he IS your step-dad! Not your future step-dad.”

 I swear to god that my arm is having a very ugly bruise and if I call 911 and report for abuse, she would totally go to jail and I will be laughing the hell out of my . Wait. Did I just imagine myself sending my own pretty mother to jail? Oh dear me. im a bad son who should be thrown to hell by hades.

“plus, chicken do not eat meat! They eat something else. Oh wait! Dear god did you just want to chop me into pieces? What a terrible mother are you?!” I pretend to put my hands on my chest dramatically and widen my eyes.

She huffs but then look at me. her expression soften and her dark brown eyes are looking straight into my eyes. She sighs and pulls me into her arms and kisses my forehead.

“im sorry sweetheart. You know I love you so much right? I just want you to be happy. That’s all. I mean I want you to feel how is it to have a real family. I know you’re happy just the way we are but I just cant help it the thought about you having a real family. Since that bloody father of yours leave us. You got what I mean right?”

I nod and look at her. Yeah. After that bloody husband of her (heh) left us, she kinda looks miserable. You mean all the works and stuff. But im glad she’s okay after meeting that guy. I mean I never know who he is. All I know is that, that guy is some manager of the company that my mom is working (yes, yes. don’t ask me how my mom manage to get him). My mom work in the branch of the company at korea. So I guess they met when he’s in korea when he was having what you call, a trip? Whatever. I don’t want to know. But yeah, I think I can cooperate since I want my mother to be okay and happy. I kiss her forehead and smile.

“okay mom.”

She smiles at me. “he have a son. He’s seventeen like you.”

Great.