Pie was back at Kim’s place

The Comfort

Pie was looking around, the place to her was so familiar, she looked around the people on the boat, she remembered Jam, Puey, Jane, Van, Meena and Kim.  Her heartbeat was beating faster and faster when she saw the house where they stayed last year.

               “Is that her house?”  Pie asked Mariz.

               “I’m not done talking!  Well, yes this is her place.”  Mariz answered.

               “The boat stopped and everybody was asked to get off the boat.

               “This is my place Pie.”  Karen said.

               “I was here last year.”  Pie said.

               “I know.  Kim brought you here right?”  Karen asked.

               “Yes.  Is she here?”  Pie asked.

               “Let’s go inside.”

              

               The door was already opened.  The maids were standing beside the door waiting for them.

               Pie saw the painting of the woman again facing the door.  “Is that you?”  Pie asked Karen.

               “That’s my mother.  She died when I was born.”  Karen answered.

               “She’s beautiful.  She looks like you.”  Pie said.

               “Thank you.”

              

               Pie saw a two nurses upstairs looking at them.  Karen called one of the nurses to come down.  Pie was just sitting on the couch and tried to listen what Karen and the nurse was talking about but she can’t hear a word because Mariz started talking again to Pie.

 

               The nurse nodded and went back upstairs.  Pie was looking at the nurse followed where the nurse went.

 

               “Pie, you will stay here for a night but if you want to stay more days here, it’s okay.  It’s up to you.  If you want to go shopping tomorrow, Mariz will assist you.”

               Mariz smiled at Pie.  Pie smiled back at Mariz.  “I think I can stay here for two nights.  I like it here.”

               “Good.  Come with Pie, I want to show you something.”

               Pie stood up and left Mariz on the couch.

               They went upstairs and walking to the last room on the right.

               “When did you last seen Kim?”  Karen asked.

               “Well, we went so many places in Phuket.  We planned to get together in a club but Kim wasn’t there.”

               “She was there.”

               “What?”

               “Kim is my daughter. We were on the balcony.  We were on the meeting with my lawyer and Kim.”

               “I was planning to retire soon and give all my businesses in Bangkok to Kim but the lawyer got mad.”

               “Why?”  Pie asked.

               “He was working with our family in twenty five years, since my father was the owner and pass to me, when I decided to pass to Kim, he was expecting that I will give some of my businesses to him.  Kim wasn’t sure to accept first but when I convinced her, the lawyer got mad and took the gun pointing at me.  He gave me the papers to sign to pass my businesses to him.  Kim tried to get the gun, they were fighting until the lawyer took the bag and he threw to me, I heard ticking inside the bag so I threw the bag to the glass window.  Kim ran downstairs to get the bag but it was too late.”

               “What happened to Kim?”

               Karen opened the door and Pie saw Kim sitting on the wheel chair.

               “Kim?”

               “She can’t feel her right arm and leg, Pie.  She was trying to save you.”

               Pie cried.  “Yes, she really saved me but, I’m so sorry.”

               “It’s okay, Pie.  You saved me, remember?  I thought I lost Kim that night.”

               Pie ran to Kim and hugged her.

               “Pie? Is that you?”

               “Yes, Kim. Thank you and I’m so sorry.”

               “I’m sorry I can’t hug you back.  My left arm is still on tube.”

               “It’s okay, Kim.  Thank you so much for saving me.”

               “I have to leave you alone.”  Karen left and closed the door.

 

               “Why did you save me?” Pie asked

               “I like you Pie.”  Kim answered.

               “That’s it?  You saved me because you like me?”

               “Yes, weird isn’t it?”

               Pie nodded.

               “Please don’t cry, I am okay.”

               “Okay, I’m sorry, Kim.”

               “I’m sorry about your best friend.”

               Pie nodded.

               “Can you stay here for more days?”  Kim asked.

               “Yes.”

               Kim smiled.

               The nurse came brought some Kim’s medications.  “It’s time to take your medications.”

               “I think I don’t need to take medications now, my cure is already here.”  Kim smiled at Pie.

               “Kim, you need to take those medications.”  Pie commanded.

               “Okay, if that’s your wish.  Give me those; I will take all of them right now.”

               “Thank you.”  Nurse said to Pie.

               Pie smiled.  “Kim, I have to freshen up, I’ll be back.”

               “Yes, ma’am.”  Kim said.

 

               Pie went downstairs smiling.  Mariz called her and asked to see Karen outside.

               “How’s Kim?”

               “She’s smiling.”

               “Really?  Thank God.  Did she take her medications?”

               “Yes, why?”

               “She was not like that.  She was just sitting on the wheel chair looking at the sea and refused taking her medications.  I asked her to be strong but she don’t want to. You saved me Pie, I brought you here because I believe you can save her too.”

               “I’ll try.  I need to go back to Kim but I have to freshen up first.  Can I go to my room?”

               “Mariz.”

               “Yes, ma’am.”

               “Take her to her room.”

 

               “Kim?”  Pie knocked.

               “I know it’s you Pie, come in!”  Kim was lying on her bed.

               “How are you tiger?”  Pie asked.

               “Feeling much better when you’re around.”  Kim answered.

               Pie laughed.

               “Why are you laughing?”

               “I’m just happy to see you, Kim.”

               “Thank you, Pie.”

               “Thank you for what?”  Pie brushed Kim’s hair.

               “For being here with me.”

               “Since Karen gave me two weeks vacation, I’ll spend those days with you.”

               “You’re so sweet Pie but why two weeks?  Why not stay here forever?”

               “I have to work for my family, Kim.”

               Kim nodded.  “Can I visit you in Bangkok?”

               “Of course you can.  I will be happier if you’ll visit me there.”

               “I will do my best to feel my arm and leg in two weeks.”

               “Promise?”

               “Promise, so that I can visit you there everyday.”

               Pie smiled.

               “Did you receive my flowers?”

               “Flowers?”

               “Flowers in your office.  I asked Mariz to send you everyday.”

               “So it was you?”

               “Yes.”

               “Thank you for the flowers and gifts. Those flowers were giving me happiness every single day. ”

               “You said you wanted to be a writer.  How was it?  Did you already finish a book already?”

               “No, not yet.  I was so busy.”

 

               Karen came in to the room.  “How are you Kim?”

               “I’m fine mom, thanks for bringing Pie here to me.”

               “Anything for you dear.”

               “Can we eat dinner together, mom?”

               “Sure, where do you want to eat, outside?”

               “Yes, outside mom.”

               “Okay, I’ll tell all the maids.  I leave you two now.”