Flowers and Gifts from the Mystery Person

The Comfort

One week later, Pie discharged from the hospital.  Her mom picked her up.  When Pie and her mom went out from the room, Pie met one woman and three men in a black suit and went to their room.  Pie looked back and she saw the two men guarding the door.

               Pie went back to her work after her two day rest.  She felt pain and sad when she looked at Jam’s table empty but she had to face the reality that her best friend was already gone. 

               “I miss you Jam.”  Pie said when she walked pass Jam’s office.

               Five months later. Pie was in her coffee break, she saw a delivery man brought a bundle of roses passing by. The people were looking at the roses.

               “I’m looking for Pie Mindara?”  The delivery man asked.

               “I am.”  Pie raised her hand.

               “Please sign this miss.”

               Pie signed the paper and the delivery man left.

               She brought the roses to her office.  She saw the small envelope under the roses.  When she opened the envelope, two of her close officemates came to her office and asked about the note.

               “Thank you for everything.  I survived because of you.  You’re my angel.”  Pie answered.

               “Oh my God, I wonder who give this you.  Is there a name in it?”

               “Nope, none, no name.”  Pie answered.

               “A mystery man!”

               Pie smiled.  “I think these roses are connected to the patient I helped in the hospital.”

               “I don’t think so.”

               “Why?”

               “If this bouquet is from the patient you helped in the hospital, the name must in that note.”

               “Maybe.”

 

               Started that day, Pie always received bundle of roses every single day.  There are days she received three to five bouquets.  Sometimes she asked the delivery man from whom the flowers came from but she received the same answer, “no miss” or just shook their heads.  But Pie got inspired every day when the flowers arrived to her office.

               One time, Pie also received bundle of roses with two concert tickets or chocolates or even food.  She ate the chocolates and the food but she gave the concert tickets to her office friends.  She doesn’t like to watch concerts anymore since Jam passed away.

               “Pie, CEO wants to see you in her office.”  The CEO secretary on the phone.

               “Okay, I’ll be there.”  Pie went out to her office right away.

               “Psst, Pie!  Where are you going?”  Her office friend asked her.

               “The CEO wants to see me.”  Pie answered.

               “OMG! Maybe you did something!  Are you nervous?”

               “I did nothing and I’m not nervous, a little bit I guess.”  Pie smiled.

               “Good luck my friend.”

               Pie nodded.

 

               Pie was about to knock the CEO’s office door, the secretary opened the door from the inside.

               “Boss, Miss Pie is here.”

               “Let here come in and leave us.”

               “Come in Miss Pie.”

               “Thank you.”

              

               “Good morning boss, you wanted to see me.”  Pie said.

               “Yes, sit down.”  CEO offered.

               “Thank you.” Pie took the seat.

               “Read this letter.”  CEO handed her the letter.

               Pie read the letter.  “A raise?  For what?”

               “You don’t like it?”  CEO asked.

               “No, I like it but I want to know the reason.”

               “I just saw you in your office and your works are great.  I think it’s time to give you a raise.”

               “Am I the only one given this raise, boss?”

               “Yes and this is not from mine, this is the request from above.”

               “Above?”

               “Nothing.  I hope you continue your hard work and don’t change, you are a big asset to our company and not like that, here another letter for you.”  The CEO handed her another letter.

               “A promotion?”  Pie asked.

               The CEO nodded.  “You are not just an ordinary accountant here anymore, you now the head of accounting department.”

               “How about Miss Campbell?”  Pie asked.

               “She transferred to another department and don’t asked anymore.  You can go home now and start your new position tomorrow.”

               “Thank you, Boss.”  Pie stood up and left the office.

 

               Pie went back to her office to get her bag to go home; she received a bundle of roses again on her table with a note, “Congratulations!”  Now Pie got confused about the note.  “This person knew my promotion.  It’s impossible if this is from the CEO.  No, not from the CEO.”  She looked around maybe someone looking at her and might be the person who gave flowers to her.  She saw nothing everyone was busy on their work.  “Nah, it’s better to go home.”  Pie took her bag and the flowers and left the office.

               The elevator was about to close, someone ran and called her.  Pie pushed the button to open.

               “Yes?”  Pie asked.

               “You will be transferred to a bigger office tomorrow so I guess you come back tomorrow.  We will transfer your things today and that is the CEO command.”

               “I’ll help.”

               “No need.”

               “But that’s my things.”

               “The CEO will angry at us if you’re still here.  Go home and enjoy your day.”  The guy pushed her back to the elevator and pushed the elevator down.