Request granted

The Comfort

Pie and Jam were best friends since college.  They were accountants of the company that selling best quality toys around the world.  Since their products were one of the best in the world, they were always worked hard to maintain the standard of the company.  Pressure in work was always at the top level.  Their CEO was very strict, always checking her staffs and once she caught one of her staff talking on duty hours or even exceeded one minute on coffee break will get punishment.

               Pie and Jam were on different offices even they were on the same department.  They can only talk after duty hours and outside the building.  They can’t take the pressure of their job but they had to do it because the salary was five times higher than the other companies can offer.

               One day, Pie received a letter and so did Jam.  Their vacation leave filed four months ago granted.  They were allowed to take a two week vacation with pay.  So Pie and Jam met at the café near their building after their duty.

               “We should go somewhere memorable, Jam.”  Pie said.

               “Yes, far from our stressful world.”  Jam added.

               “You’re right Jam but I think we should go to our family first.”

               “Yes, I haven’t seen them for three months now, Pie.  After that, we will go to Phuket.  What do you think, Pie?”  Jam asked.

               Pie nodded.  “Five days in Phuket.”

               “Cool, I can’t wait.” Jam smiled.

              

               After four days visit from their families, Pie and Jam met on the hotel in Phuket they reserved before they went home to their families.

 

               They chose Patong Beach because Jam missed nightlife activities especially as discos.  Jam was a carefree woman who loves to party all the time but when she entered the toy company, her life changed.  The stress and pressure job pushed her to lie-low on drinks and clubs.  Opposite to Pie, Pie does not like night outs, she just stayed in her room reading and studying that’s why she graduated college with honors and got top on board exam.

 

               “This room is amazing!”  Pie said as she walked to the luxurious decorated with wooden theme room.

               Jam jumped to bed.  “This will be my best moments ever!”

               “This room is expensive, Jam.  Look, we have Jacuzzi here.”  Pie said standing at the bathroom window overlooking to the Andaman Sea.

               “Don’t worry about the price; the important is we will enjoy this vacation.” Jam smiled.

               Pie nodded.  “I’m hungry.  We should call to the….”

               “No, Pie.  Let’s eat outside.  Let’s roam around.”

              

               They went back to their room after wandering whole afternoon.  Pie unpacked her things to the closet while Jam started enjoying her Jacuzzi.

               “Pie, remember the cute guy we met in the restaurant? He asked me to go out tonight.”  Jam looking at her phone.

               “You got his number?”  Pie asked.

               “He asked my number.”  Jam answered.

               “I can’t go tonight, Jam.  I’m tired and he asked you, not us.”  Pie said.

               “Maybe he has company, another cute man for you.”

               “I’m tired, Jam.  I want to sleep.”

               “Okay, enjoy your sleep tonight.”

               The doorbell rang.  Pie opened the room.

               “Room service ma’am.”  Maid pushed the cart inside with full of food.

               “Jam, did you order this?” Pie asked.

               “Yes! Just leave it there, thank you.” Jam nodded at the maid.

               The maid left.  Jam stood up from the tub, took her robe and went to the cart.

               “Eat Pie, its vacation.” Jam grabbed one cupcake and ate.

               “These foods are full of carbs.” Pie looked at the food.

               “Don’t worry to get fat, these food that we will eat tonight, will lose when will get back to our stressful work.”

               Pie nodded and took a slice of chocolate cake.

               “Pie, what should I wear tonight?” Jam asked.

               “I don’t know.  You’re the expert on that, don’t ask me.”

               “How about this?”  Jam showed her black dress to Pie.

               “It’s fine but we’re on beach, right?”

               “You’re right.  But we will dance on the club not on the shore.”

               “Okay fine.” Pie laughed.

 

               After eating, Pie opened her laptop.

               “Working on your unfinished book again?” Jam asked.

               Pie nodded.

               “How’s your parents, Pie?”  Jam asked.

               “They’re fine.” Seriously typing on her laptop.  “They were happy to see me.  They said I’m so skinny.”  Pie answered.

               “They’re right.  But I love your body now, you’re ier than me.”  Jam said.

               “Really?”  Pie laughed.

               “Just kidding.  I have to go Pie.” Jam left the room.

               Pie closed her laptop and went to sleep.