8. Come Back

Guardian Angel

Jonghyun had been pacing back and forth in his bedroom for the last several hours hoping that praying would somehow make Jinki appear, it happens on TV so why wasn’t it working for him?

With a sigh he sits at his desk and plays with his jar of pens. He had so many questions for Jinki, so much he needed to know about everything, and so much he had to tell him.

Jonghyun had started college with Kibum and Taemin in tow, Kibum nearly threw a fit when he found out Jonghyun had dropped all musical and theatrical classes for different ones Jonghyun thought to be more interesting; Modern Theological and Religious Thought and Religions of the World to be exact.

Taemin thought it was cool and even enrolled in Jonghyun’s Religions of the World class, which angered Kibum and resulted in the silent treatment for Jonghyun. Kibum thought the elder had lost his mind or been possessed.

 Kibum eventually became okay with it though as the first day of classes loomed near, but when Jonghyun dragged him to church one morning after being invited by his professor after just three days, Kibum lost it. Not only did he cause a scene in front of the church but he made Jonghyun cry.

Taemin had arrived in time to stop the two from creating an even bigger scene, and upon seeing the younger hugging Jonghyun trying to console him Kibum grew even angrier and punched the boy.

Jonghyun wasn’t angry at Kibum, he was disappointed, and so he just stopped talking to Kibum, stopped replying back to his texts and phone calls, eventually shutting Kibum out.  Jonghyun had snapped one day, telling Kibum that he should just ‘stop trying to apologize it’s not going to work, I don’t give a about you anymore’. That was when all contact stopped.

Jonghyun wasn’t sure where they stood, if they were together or broken up, that was only a week into the school year. It was now four months into the year and Jonghyun and Kibum hadn’t uttered a single word when they passed each other.

Jonghyun felt bad, he didn’t mean those things, in fact he loved Kibum, and had since the two had met in pre-school, but he wasn’t sure it was the same love he used to feel. He just wanted Kibum to understand, to think about it from Jonghyun’s perspective.

Taemin still sat by Jonghyun, but the elder was too depressed to talk to the boy, refused to talk to anyone really. He was closed off, withdrawn into the world of angels and heaven.

Jonghyun’s parents were thrilled with their son’s newfound interest in religion, even buying him a bible with his named inscribed on the side. Jonghyun had read through it several times, trying to understand but he just couldn’t, he had so many questions.

It had been six months, four days, eighteen hours, and twenty-three minuets since Jonghyun had met Jinki; but six months, four days, seven hours and fifteen minutes since he had last seen Jinki. Jonghyun was going crazy; he needed to see his guardian angel.

Jonghyun picked up his bible and thumbed through to the right page, smiling he set the book against his textbooks and studied the image before him. It was a picture of angels watching people from the clouds. He really wishes the elder would come back.

He closes the bible and stands up stretching his arms above his head. He’ll try praying to Jinki tomorrow, for now he’ll sleep, but as he turns to get into bed he stops.

There lying against his own sheets is Jinki, and said boy is looking back at Jonghyun with a devious smirk. “Miss me much? I wasn’t sure with you begging me to come back every damn second.”

“, do you know what I’ve been going through the last six months? How much I actually needed to ing talk to you?” Jonghyun spits out.

Jinki sits up and plays with his hands, head down. “I was kind of… not able to come. I’m sorry Jonghyun.”

Jonghyun rolls his eyes. “If you were so busy then maybe I need a new guardian angel.” Jinki’s head whips up so fast that Jonghyun wonders if the elder has whiplash.

 “Don’t say that Jonghyun.” Jinki growls and lunges at Jonghyun cornering him against the desk.

“I-I’m sorry i-it’s just I n-needed y-you to be h-here.” Jonghyun stutters and Jinki sighs patting the younger on the head gently ruffling his hair. “I know, they told me what’s been happening. You have no idea how badly I wanted to be here for you.”

Jonghyun wraps his arms around Jinki and hugs the elder tightly. “What happened to you Jinki?”

“I went to see… someone about why you can see me. I sort of got really angry when He said to figure it out for myself. I may have also insulted His decorating choices, and quite possibly set a few things on fire. I was put into a holding cell and kept there until they let me out. It wasn’t bad, a few angels recognized me.”

Jonghyun shook his head and hugged the elder even tighter. “It seems like you get in trouble a lot.”

Jinki scoffs, “You don’t even care that your guardian angel was held captive?”

Jonghyun chuckles, “Well you’re here now and I need your help.”

“With Kibum or your feelings towards the bible and everything that comes with it?” Jinki questions.

“To be honest my feelings for Kibum haven’t always been what they seem to be. I didn’t feel the same way when I accepted his confession,” Jonghyun sighs, “ I just didn’t want to turn him down. Along the way I started liking him. I think maybe I loved him the way he loves me but I just felt like it wasn’t enough just to love him.”

“Is that why you didn’t sleep with him?”

Jonghyun nods, Jinki rubs at his temples. “Every time I would look at his eyes, I could tell that he loved me, that he wanted to sleep with me because he loved me but… I think I didn’t love him enough. I’m such a terrible person.”

Jinki rubs the younger’s back and shakes his head. “You’re not a terrible person; you probably just weren’t at that point with him yet. You loved him plenty, but you weren’t ready for the next step.”

Jonghyun nods. What Jinki was saying made perfect sense.

“Now, about those classes you're taking. What you’re being taught is complete bull. If you really want to know about religion ask me. Drop those classes Jonghyun, I’m serious, do something else with your life other than learning about religion.”

Jonghyun sighs, “I’m keeping the class I have with Taemin though. I like learning about the different religions.” Jinki smiles and covers Jonghyun up. “Fine. Now go to sleep I know you’re tired, you’ve been praying to me for the last ten hours.”

Jonghyun hides his yawn behind the back of his hand and nods. “Just promise you’ll be here when I wake up, because if you’re not I’ll find you and kick your for leaving.”

Jinki laughs nodding, “Why wouldn’t I be here when you wake up? I am your guardian angel.”

“Yeah sure, I’ll remember that the next time you come back from angel prison.”

“What makes you think there’ll be a next time punk?”

Jonghyun rolls his eyes and stretches out his legs. “I think it’s safe to say that with a personality like yours it’ll happen soon enough.”

Jinki flicks Jonghyun’s forehead playfully and stands up. “I’m your elder you brat.” Jonghyun chuckles struggling to keep his eyes open. “Whatever you say Jinki.”

Jinki smiles as Jonghyun finally falls into blissful sleep. the hairs out of Jonghyun’s face Jinki sighs. “You have no idea how much I missed your stupid face, and even worse I had nothing to do but think in that place. Maybe that’s why I’m so relieved you don’t hate me; It’s terrifying Jonghyun, I think I may actually have a stupid crush on you.” 

 

 

~<3~

A/N: Poor Jinki :(

Miss me? I missed you guys. I've been agonizing over stupid writers block, also I've been busy at work. BUT I've been listening to some great music and it's helping with the writers block. Also this chapter was written in roughly 1 hour and as most of you know I don't edit or have anyone beta, so it's a bad chapter with grammar mistakes and probably some confusin paragraphs. But whoospie I don't mind. I've also decided to change some things, so it's all going in a different direction.

Anyways, as usual let me know what you think, who should end up with who (it's pretty obvious Jongyu will be together) If you have any requests let me know, for example if you want your name in the story, if you want more 2min, or more jongyu, or whatever just let me know.

Also if you want to follow me on tumblr.... I do post a lot of weird btw, mostly shinee and exo. Sometimes BigBang, and Suju. BAP... you guys get it.