Epilogue

Guardian Angel

Jinki turns his neck, tired from his busy day. The sleeping boy next to him starts snoring and Jinki sighs. It was his last day as a Guardian Angel; of course he had caused several problems in his remaining time.

 He angered God yet again, but didn’t receive punishment, it had confused Jinki but he gladly accepted.

Pulling out a picture from his pocket he checks the boy in the bed and looks down. The smiling face of someone he once knew looking back at him. Fifty-Seven years had gone by since Jonghyun’s death, Five since Kibum’s, Two since Taemin’s.

Kibum passed away at Seventy-one; he had been battling kidney disease. He remembers consoling Woohyun who had stuck by the foxlike boy even through Kibum’s disease, remembers that time Kibum hit Woohyun with a cane and kicked him out of the house for the night.

After the funeral Woohyun decided to resign from being a Guardian and went to be with Kibum in Heaven, from what he heard from the other angels Kibum was still that spunky diva type.

Taemin went at Seventy-Three in his sleep; the young boy had won several awards in his lifetime after becoming a writer. Minho was upset at having to collect Taemin, but was relieved when Taemin showed up looking like his younger self.

Taemin had become a messenger for God, but no matter how many times Jinki asked about Jonghyun Taemin would shake his head.

Jonghyun had only just turned twenty; he remembers they had spent his birthday at a hotel by the beach. He remembers the way Jonghyun smiled at him, the way his eyebrow twitched when Jinki would hit a certain spot.

Nobody had heard of Jonghyun, even after going to God and demanding to see Jonghyun no one could say anything. It was as if Jonghyun had disappeared.

Everything on Earth had calmed down, after Jonghyun’s death people stopped seeing the Guardians, Taemin and Kibum being the only exception, as to why nobody knew.

Jinki put the picture of Jonghyun back into his pocket and stood up, the smell of smoke filling the air. He opens the door watching as the flames crawl up the walls towards the young boy’s bedroom.

 

----------

 

“He you go.” Tabelel says handing Jinki an envelope. “What’s this?” Jinki asks looking up towards the elder angel.

“From the higher ups.”

Jinki groans internally, Special requests always meant doing something Jinki hated. “My last day to take orders was yesterday, I’m free now.”

Tabelel chuckles and pat’s Jinki’s shoulder. “Good luck.”

Jinki plays with the edges of the envelope, thinking of a way to say he mysteriously lost it.

Sighing he rips open the flap and pulls out the paper looking at the two lone words on the page.

Duck Pond.

Frowning he turns to ask Tabelel the meaning only to find the man gone.

He runs his hand through his hair trying to decipher the message when it hits him.

 

---------

 

Jinki walks towards the pond, nervous and slightly scared. The last time he had been to this place he lost the love of his life.

Jinki looks around and goes to where the bench used to be. It’s broken and covered in weeds, Jinki makes a mental note to fix it when he gets the chance.

He looks out towards the pond and sees someone walking towards him in his peripheral. The person stops and Jinki starts to sweat. I know that cologne. Jinki thinks.

“I’m sorry I made you wait.” The man says.

“It’s been Fifty-Seven years, I would have waited for forever you know.” He replies turning to the owner of the voice.

The man gives a wide grin and Jinki’s heart soars. "Do you still love me?" 

Jinki laughs and pulls the man in close, kissing his temple. "I've never stopped."

Jonghyun. He has his Jonghyun.

 

~<3~

A/N:

Well, It's officially over.

I've stayed up many nights thinking about how to end it, origionally I was planning for Jonghyun to become a demon, but you know I think this was nicer.

Thank you to everyone who took their time to read this horrible horrible mess.

I'm still planning on writing that extra 2min chapter, I also have the song list, I'll add those later this week but I'm going to mark the story complete.

My beta has told me that I'm a heartless person for killing Jonghyun but I mean it was in the plans sorry.

It's been a semi good journey.