5. Mini Microwave Taquitos

Guardian Angel

Jonghyun could feel it in his bones that today would be a good day. He first had the feeling earlier this morning about graduating, now that that’s over he’s on to more serious matters… Like his first kiss.

Not that it was embarrassing to be graduate high school without having your first kiss. It was totally normal, completely normal even. Not that Jonghyun cared …okay maybe he did a little. Besides, Jonghyun had never been in a relationship, and really, you can’t count that time he held hands with a girl from kindergarten on the playground.

That’s why Jonghyun is at some ridiculous graduation party at ten o’clock on a Friday night weaving his way through drunken classmates to find his best friend Kibum. And let’s be honest, he’s a little tipsy himself, all thanks to a few admirers from his homeroom, mainly Tiffany shoving shot after shot into his face.  After the fourth one Jonghyun had decided he  wanted to eat something so what else would you do but go find your best friend to make you food.  

Spotting the brunette among a few other classmates Jonghyun grins in victory. He watches as Kibum talks with the others, watches the adams apple move up and down as he speaks. It makes Jonghyun realize he’s thirsty and maybe a little , but who would take notice. “Kibuuuuuum.” Jonghyun whines as he slides up to his best friend, and Jonghyun grins when said boy turns to him and smiles. “Kiiiiim, you drunk already?”

The elder shakes his head and clings to Kibum. “I am really really hungry and it is your duty as my best friend to make me food.”  Kibum pets Jonghyun’s hair and smiles. “Fine but we’ll go to my house cause we just went grocery shopping.”

-------------------------------

Halfway into Kibum’s kitchen Jonghyun realizes that maybe going to Kibum’s for food was a bad idea.

“Kibum what if your parents catch us? Oh god, we’re so drunk. Kibum what should we do?” The younger stifles a laugh and opens the fridge. “You’re drunk, I’m pretty sober, besides it’s Friday and my parents have date night.”

 “That’s a cliché; your parents are out for the night so they don’t notice we’re drunk. Then I sleep over and sneak out before your parents wake up. But I wouldn’t have to sneak out cause you’re not a girl so it’s okay for us to sleep in the same bed, besides it’s not like yo- holy you have mini microwavable taquitos!” Jonghyun yells as he bounces over to the other boy.

Kibum turns to his very drunk and delirious friend and sighs, “You are such an idiot. I can’t believe you made me leave a perfectly good party at eleven for your sorry . Go sit on the couch and I’ll cook some for you.”

Exactly five minutes and twenty two seconds later Kibum is placing the plate on the coffee table and letting out a deep sigh. Jonghyun is flipping through the TV channels at lightning speed. Kibum grabs the remote and dodges the pillow Jonghyun throws.

Kibum stands there looking down at Jonghyun, “Hey can I ask you something? Well, actually more like say something?” Jonghyun nods and looks up from the infomercial on screen as Kibum sits down.

“Jonghyun I just wanted to tell you..” Kibum bites his lip and speaks quieter, “that I sort of like you a lot. I’m pretty certain I’m falling for you too. You’re my best friend though so believe me when I say I wasn’t expecting it, especially since we once liked the same girl in middle school.”

“Oh uh… I uh.. … I don’t know, we’re best friends, that kind of stuff wouldn’t happen, we’re both guys.” Jonghyun stops talking as he feels Kibum’s stare. He quickly clears his throat.

“… well I mean it’s okay if you’re, uh… into that sort of thing. I don’t mind it. I sometimes think boys are good looking too and sometimes I think about guys when I … wait, what I mean to say is in my dream I kissed back and I think you’re good looking too, so it’s totally okay to be gay cause I like guys and girls mostly you. And who cares it’s modern times if a people in America can marry their cousins then gay marriage should be allowed too. I mean your cousin, the one with the funny hair, what’s his name? Anyways he and his boyfriend make a cute couple and so what if I cried at their commitment ceremony and yeah… th-that’s cool… so I guess what I’m saying is I like you too? Well.. starting to? I don’t know bummie this is so confusing.”

Jonghyun looks down as he feels heat rise to his face. “Kim Jonghyun did you just say I was good looking?” Jonghyun feels that if his face were a tomato, he’d be redder. “I… uh y-yeah.”

Kibum nods and stares at the floor. “Huh… that’s… huh.”

“What?”  “Well… I just didn’t think you’d say you’d like me back. Especially not in that mess of whatever you just said-”  “Kibu-“

The elder is immediately cut off. “No listen,  I guess I was hoping you would like me back but I had this feeling you wouldn’t and then I just kept thinking of all the ways you could turn me down and I go-“

“Kibum! Shut up.” And with that Jonghyun decides to shut up his best friend with a kiss.

And Jonghyun decides that Kibum’s lips are soft and squishy and so kissable, and his mouth tastes like cherries and it’s so wonderful.

“Oh…” Kibum blushes a bright red. They both smile at each other and blush redder when their eyes meet.

They’ve decided that nothing more is to be done for the night, just cuddling in each other’s arms is well enough.

“Bummie,” Jonghyun pokes Kibum with his foot “…So now that we’ve decided we like each other… is there a chance you could reheat my taquitos? I think they went cold.”

“Oh my god I hate you.”

“No you don’t.” And with that Jonghyun places another kiss on Kibums lips.

 

 

*<3*

 

A/N: Oh gosh don't hate me. IT'S ALL PART OF THE PLAN. I literally had this chapter finished a week ago but forgot to post it and I'm so SORRY. Don't worry there will be much more Jongyu in the next chapters to come but this is part of the plot. Like literally it's everywhere. ANYWAYS, I hope you're all doing well. Also I'm updating the foreword as I post chapters so it doesn't spoil everything. ALSO HAVE YOU GUYS TRIED MINI MICROWAVE TAQUITOS THEY ARE THE BEST. Leave me comments and tell me if you like it or not cause if not many people are reading or like it I'll probably stop writing this.