6. You’ll Go Blind

Guardian Angel

The first week Jonghyun dated Kibum went by too slowly. They had gone on several dates, all of which included massive hand holding, lots of kisses, and mushy gushy cuteness overload.

The second and third week were even worse than the first week because now Jinki is watching Kibum straddle Jonghyun in the back lot of the movie theater in the backseat of Jonghyun’s little beater car and Jinki couldn’t be more annoyed because yet again Jonghyun pushes Kibum away and says it’s too soon.

This is the third time it’s happened this week. Kibum and Jonghyun go on a date, have a good time, go to a place nobody will bother them, make out heavily in the back seat and almost have .

He can tell Kibum gets more annoyed each time Jonghyun chickens out. He’s silently rooting for Kibum but can’t help but this nagging feeling like he sort of wants to rip Kibum’s head off and set him straight for taking his Jonghyun.

It’s not like Jinki likes Jonghyun that way, sure Jonghyun is nice to look at, sure Jonghyun has the greatest set of lips in the world and maybe he wants to sort of put them to good use but Jinki would never admit it. Sure Jinki has feelings for Jonghyun too, who wouldn’t when you know everything about someone.

Jinki sighs as Jonghyun and Kibum start talking. Yet another long night, he thinks.

“Hey Jinki what’s crackin?” Woohyun appears out of thin air and Jinki startles. “Jesus Christ Woohyun, you scared the hell out of me.”

Woohyun laughs, “Now that’s a statement.” Jinki rolls his eyes and watches the two in the car.

“I sort of feel bad for Kibum; Jonghyun’s been giving him blue balls for a week now.” Woohyun nods in agreement and slings an arm around Jinki.

“How about you and I go do what they won’t?” Woohyun winks at the elder and that’s when Jinki decides screw it.


 

Jonghyun parks in Kibum’s driveway and cuts the engine. “Look Bum I’m really sorry.” Jonghyun says quietly and Kibum sighs.

“Its fine Jonghyun, I just think maybe we should not get ourselves into those kinds of situations if you don’t think you’re ready.”

The elder smiles and kisses Kibum on the cheek. “I’ll text you when I get home okay Bummie?”  Kibum nods and exits the car smiling.


 

Taking off his jacket Jonghyun falls face first onto his bed and exhales loudly before rolling over and ing his jeans and kicking them off.

Jinki watches on and disregards the heat on his face as nothing but the room being warm. He shouldn’t be feeling this way, not with the things he just did to another Angel. He’s pretty sure Jonghyun would blush too, especially since Jinki hasn’t made a show of fixing his hair yet and Woohyun can get pretty grabby.

Jonghyun’s phone dings and the young boy groans as he grabs his jeans from the floor and pulling the phone out.

 

From: Bummie <3

You forgot to text me dork.

I’m pretty sure you’re exhausted.

Go to sleep! <3 ~~

 

To: Bummie <3

Sorry L

Going to sleep now, see you tomorrow!

 

Jonghyun stretches out his legs and turns to look at the wall opposite his bed and screams. Jinki jumps and looks around for any sign of danger but there isn’t any.

“Who are you and why the are you in my room?!” Jonghyun yells holding his blanket against his chest.

Jinki is confused and then realizes that Jonghyun may be able to see him.

“I’m uh.. wait you can see me?”

Jonghyun thinks this guy is a moron. “Yes I can ing see you, what the hell are you doing in here?” Jinki really has no explanation other than the obvious.

“I’m sort of your Guardian Angel.”

Jonghyun laughs. Loudly. For a total of three minutes.

“I’m telling the truth you know.” Jinki sighs, there’s nothing in the guidebook for this situation, so he may just have to wing it. Ha. Wing it. The joke brings a smirk to Jinki’s face and the young boy on the bed glares at the man.

“Now really why are you here?”   “To watch you.”   “ert.”  “If I was a ert don’t you think you’d have called the police by now?”

Jonghyun blinks at the strange man and frowns. “I should, but something is telling me not to.”

Jinki nods, “Because you know I won’t hurt you.”   “You do seem familiar though. I’m just not comprehending why you’re in my room.”

“Like I said Jonghyun I’m your Guardian Angel. Like a Fairy Godmother in a fairytale, except I’m real.”

Jonghyun rolls his eyes. “Doesn’t explain why you’re in my room.”

“I have to watch you, make sure you don’t get hurt, blah blah blah, think of me as your caretaker.” Jinki smiles and bows.

“Uh huh, if you’re a Guardian Angel then I’m the Easter Bunny.” Jonghyun grabs a pair of sweats and yanks them on as quickly as he can. “Oh god you could never be the Easter Bunny, you’re too short.”  Jonghyun glares at the other boy but then his face softens. “Wait is the Easter Bunny actually real?” Jinki shakes his head and doubles over laughing.

“Hey it’s not funny.” Jonghyun whines and he feels like a child for doing so but it does get the weird man to stop laughing. “Sorry, it’s just… you thought… he was real?” Jinki starts laughing again and Jonghyun throws a dirty sock at the other.

Jinki throws his arms up in surrender and Jonghyun smirks. Jonghyun: 1 Creepy Guy: 0.

“So…” The younger questions and Jinki clears his throat. “So I’m your Guardian Angel, my name is Jinki by the way… and stop looking at me like that, it’s making me uncomfortable.” Jonghyun furrows his brow. “So you’re saying you’re really my Guardian Angel?”

“Yep.”

“O-okay. That’s really weird. So Jinki what have you seen me do?”The elder shrugs and runs his fingers through his hair thinking. “Pretty much everything.”

Jinki hums and sits on Jonghyun’s desk kicking his legs back and forth. Jonghyun moves towards his bed and stops. “Everything?”

“I’m sorry what?” Jinki looks at Jonghyun, noticing the slight blush rising up the younger boys neck. “Like everything I’ve done…” Jinki gets it now and nods, “Everything.”

“Even when I…”

“Every time.”

Jonghyun cringes and wishes a black hole would swallow him up because he really doesn’t want to believe that there has been someone watching him every time he… This cannot be happening. Jonghyun throws himself onto his bed and tries strangling himself with his pillow.

“Please stop trying to suffocate yourself. And really Jonghyun, didn’t you ever hear that you’d go blind by doing that so much.”

Jonghyun feels like he could cry.