10. I've Moved On

Guardian Angel

Jonghyun had spent the next several hours calming Kibum down and helping Jinki stop the bleeding from the elder’s nose that seemed to never end.

By the end of the day Jonghyun had managed to patch up his friendship with Kibum, he did what Jinki had said to do, told him how he felt. He was mainly surprised by the fact that Kibum looked relieved when Jonghyun had said that he didn’t have feelings for him anymore.

Kibum played the angry rage he went into as protecting his friend from the guy who was adamant about them not dating. In fact he was just angry Jonghyun had "moved on" from him so quickly.

As Jonghyun stood under the shower head cleaning himself off from the day his mind wandered to thoughts of Jinki.

None of them inappropriate, he was just happy with the elder’s company, sure he liked him, who wouldn’t? The man was gorgeous and Jonghyun constantly wanted to kiss his guardians lips and spout some cheesy lines to win him over.

He wondered if Jinki would feel conflicted when the man had to collect his soul or spirit. Jonghyun couldn’t remember, but he knew that if he went to Heaven or Hell he would really miss Jinki.

Sighing he turns the water off listening to the small drops the leak out of the faucet. As he wipes himself dry and changes into pajamas he hums a random song in his head and steps out of the bathroom looking at Jinki by the window, not surprised that the man is there.

“Do you ever leave?” He asks plopping down onto his bed.

Jinki shakes his head and the chirp of a cellphone sounds through the silence.

Jonghyun grabs his phone and looks at the message.

 

From: Taemin

Hey Jjong! I have something I want to tell you, even if it’s over text.

 

Jonghyun frowns. What the hell is this about?

To: Taemin

Okay?

From: Taemin

I used to have a crush on you, for like years you know? And recently I met someone and I sort of loved him from first sight, he makes me confused and I feel warm when I’m with him. I just wanted to let you know.

Jonghyun wasn’t even really sure what to think, Taemin liked him? Taemin has a boyfriend? What is going on?

To: Taemin

Uh congrats? Really happy for you! Fighting!!

From: Taemin

Sorry if that’s weird, but I just needed to tell you, it’s a thing. Thankyou! I’m sure you’ll find love somewhere too.

Jonghyun was unfazed, he was used to weird, he was used to everything moving fast and slow and confusing him, having a guardian angel in your life does that to you.

Jonghyun lays back and closes his eyes. He wonders what his life would have been had he not met Jinki, and he quickly dismissed that thought because life without Jinki would have been different.

He may have stayed with Kibum, eventually giving everything to him and possibly marrying him after college. He’s not sure why but he thinks that maybe Jinki coming into his life was a blessing.

He turns onto his side watching the elder looking out the window and smiles. Jinki was beautiful and thinking about him made him want to cry. He wanted to thank Jinki, to kiss Jinki, to share his feelings to the elder, but he wasn’t sure what would happen then.

Jonghyun closes his eyes turning from the elder and facing the wall.

 

------------- 

 

Taemin smiles to himself and sends a quick reply before setting his phone next to his bedside.

“Did you tell him?” Taemin jumps at the voice coming from the corner of his room and nods sitting up.

“You know Minho you should warn a person, seriously, how are you going to be my guardian angel if you scare me to death?

Minho smiles and crawls into Taemin’s bed. “Not possible, I wouldn’t let my Minnie die. ” Taemin smiles and wraps his arms around Minho’s neck cuddling closer.

“And for your question, yes I told him. I felt guilty about never telling him.”

Minho just smiles and hugs the smaller boy closer. “Whatever gives you closer Tae.”

Taemin drifts off to sleep minutes later and Minho smiles the younger boy’s hair.

Minho hadn’t even fathomed Taemin being able to see him; in fact he had just started getting over the boy before Taemin looked up in the middle of his Lit. essay and screamed.

Taemin had seen him, Taemin asked questions for two days straight, stopping to eat and use the restroom only, and even then he made sure Minho went with him everywhere.

Minho confessed everything, Jinki, Jonghyun, guardian angels and even Heaven. He didn’t want to hide anything from Taemin, and when the elder confessed his feelings Taemin all but tackled him into the bed and kissed him.

Taemin was “over” Jonghyun, or so the younger had said. Minho accepted it, knowing the boy’s affections changed all the time.

He was thankful that Taemin was able to see him, for some reason it was happening all over the world, people seeing their guardian angels. Heaven was quite a mess at the moment as people tried to find the answer to everyone’s question.

Why are people starting to see their guardian angels?

Minho wasn’t worried about that, he was worried about what would happen when Heaven decided what to do or how to work through it.

All he knew was that if he had to leave Taemin he would surely die, Taemin was his everything, he had known the boy would be special as soon as the kid was born.

 

------------

 

Jinki watched his charge sleep from the window. He wasn’t sure what to do anymore. When Kibum had been there earlier, he knew the spunky boy was trying to end things with Jonghyun.

Jinki was well aware of the fact that Kibum had moved on a month earlier with a man named Myungsoo.

He smiled as Jonghyun turned in his sleep, the younger boy had no idea who he really was and Jinki knew that if he found out from anyone but him he’d be upset.

Jinki gets up from his spot by the window and gets into the bed next to Jonghyun gently laying an arm over  Jonghyun’s waist. The younger nuzzles into Jinki’s chest smiling and the guardian can’t help but smile.

“I don’t know if we’ll ever be able to be together because of who I am. But even just like this Jonghyun I feel like I’m so much closer to you than I’ve ever been with anyone and that says a lot. I have such strong feelings for you and I can’t help but hate myself for everything.”

Jinki closes his eyes breathing in the younger’s scent. Tomorrow. He’d tell Jonghyun everything tomorrow, and everything would be okay.

 

~<3~

A/N: Super short update but at least I'm writing again. ANYWAYS, I have the next two chapters (except for like one line I need to fix) so I'll update tomorrow (Well today because it's 1:13 AM Monday, I started writing the last chapters 8pm last night? tonight? [that's like 10000000 hours sitting on my and it's sore) so maybe later around 6PM-ish? And then again on Tuesday around the same time so I can work out the bits and pieces. That'll have to work for you guys. Also, I'm going to end it soon, it hasn't turned out how I wanted it to, but I don't want to just quit on you so I'm wracking my brain for an ending. ALSO I'm going to be adding in some , like heavy, like really heavy 'call me daddy' stuff. There may be 2-3 chapters left (Cause I can finish this story with that last chapter I wrote with just one line man), maybe an epilogue? IDK, I know I'm going to post a soundtrack though because you would not believe the music that got me through half this story.

Also if you're angry with how I set up Minho and Taemin I'll do a side chapter for you if you ask, not for Kibum and Myungsoo though because I can't feel any creativity towards Kibum. 

I was thinking of a new story but I'd have to write it and finish it then post it because I get writers block a lot, LIKE A LOT. 

I almost feel like this authors note is longer than this chapter oops.