4. Hard Knock Life

Guardian Angel

Jinki hated the weekdays. Weekdays meant school for Jonghyun, which meant Jinki having to listen to the teachers for hours and hours on end. Now that Jonghyun was in his final year there were college prep classes as well. He especially hates Jonghyun’s after school activities on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Tutoring in the school library was not Jinki’s idea of fun, especially since Jonghyun was tutoring Taemin.

Jinki knew Taemin didn’t need the tutoring, the kid skipped two grades and was top of the class, everyone knew that, so why Jonghyun was helping Taemin with English pronouns Jinki will never know.

He sighs and turns to Minho. “Why do I need to be here too? Can’t you just watch them both?” Minho shakes his head and continues looking around the library. “You know the rules Jinks.”

“But that was forever ago!”

Minho rolls his eyes. “That was six months ago and you almost got Jonghyun and Taemin killed.” Jinki groans and rubs at his eyes.

Six months ago Minho had left Taemin to his care while Minho was called to an appointment with the almighty pain in the . Luckily for Jinki it was a school field trip, he had followed them around all day. He had barely turned around for five seconds before Taemin and Jonghyun were almost hit by a car.

Jinki spent the rest of the day getting reprimanded, and was also the reason watching other people’s charges was banned.

“You don’t… get jealous over Taemin do you?” Minho gave Jinki a weird look. “What do you mean?”

Jinki shrugged and watched the two boys at the table. “You’re in love with Taemin, Taemin is in love with Jonghyun, and you don’t get jealous over him asking for tutoring when he actually doesn’t need it?”

“It isn’t really my business Jinki; I just care for him and make sure that when he goes it’s painless.” Jinki could clearly see the darkness in Minho’s eyes. He knew that Minho hated it, that he spent every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday in a terribly bad mood until Taemin’s tutoring was over.

Jinki turned his attention to the young boy that entered the library, he watched as the he scowled at the two boys at the table and straightened his jacket walking straight to the table.

 “Hey Jjong, you almost ready?” Jinki watched as Jonghyun nodded and continued to explain the definition to Taemin. He had almost missed the death glare Taemin had sent Kibum.

Jinki watched Kibum as the boy impatiently waited for Jonghyun, tapping the pads of his long fingers against the table. Jinki never found it odd that Kibum had always changed his style with the new trends, what struck him as odd was that it was always opposite. If colorful patterns were the new ‘it’ Kibum would go around in dark color blocks that made him stand out.

That was part of his charm, sort of, Jinki knew that Kibum was attractive, even a fish could see that. The high defined cheekbones, sharp jawline, small nose, thin lips and cat-like eyes would make anyone swoon.

Jinki saw more though, he saw how Kibum would watch Jonghyun, and he could see how every time Jonghyun would smile and Kibum would light up. He knew that Kibum had feelings for the other, but he wasn’t sure Kibum would ever act on them.

Jinki always had a soft spot for Kibum; he enjoyed it when he was around Jonghyun, mostly because Jonghyun was always in a better mood with Kibum around.

Jinki especially liked it because Kibum’s guardian Woohyun had a great and a pretty mouth but that was a little secret for closed doors.

Kibum would shoot dirty looks at Taemin and Taemin would reciprocate, often leaning into Jonghyun and smirking towards Kibum, which would just cause the elder to kick Taemin under the table.

Honestly it was a bit much for Jinki. Having two completely opposite boys in love with his Jonghyun was starting to give him headaches. Jonghyun was constantly pulled in two directions and he could tell it was starting to wear down on his charge as well.

As all three boys stood up and parted ways, Kibum and Jonghyun going left and Taemin going right, Jinki decided that his life was hard. 

 

*<3*

 

A/N:

Okay so I hardly ever put Author's Notes into my stories but I just wanted to apologize for the super long wait for this chapter. I was in the hospital and had major surgery so using my computer wasn't much of an option. This is mainly filler and kind of an opener for a plot line I've planned. Hope you're all enjoying it! Comment and let me know what you all think!