Dilemma

More than Bestfriend

 

 The next day, Jinki couldn’t let go of the feeling that Jonghyun has been acting weird. It seemed that Jonghyun almost like has been avoiding him. But sometimes he could feel that Jonghyun took secret glances at him. He didn’t see it but he felt it. He just realized that something really off now. After seeing Jonghyun yesterday, he knew there was something that bothered Jonghyun.

It was lunch time when Jinki decided to approach Jonghyun. Today Jinki wasn’t with his girlfriend. She didn’t come to school because she had family event to attend. So Jinki decided to spend his day with his bestfriend, to catch up with his bestfriend. Jinki walked to the canteen in hope to see Jonghyun.

Unfortunately, he didn’t see Jonghyun at the canteen. He was disappointed. But he already made a decision, so he would look for Jonghyun until lunch break over. After about 10 minutes he finally found Jonghyun. He saw him through the window. Jonghyun was outside, he was sitting under a tree, reading a book with his earphone plugged on his ears. Jinki wanted to call his name, he opened the window and shouted to him, calling his name, “Jonghyun, Jonghyun-ya, Jong-“ Then he realized something. “Stupid me, of course he won’t answer me, he was listening music with his earphones,” he chuckled. “I guess I must come to him, after all I’m the one who want to meet him,” said Jinki with a smile.

Just when Jinki wanted to turned and walked to Jonghyun, he saw someone approached Jonghyun. “Aisssh... that kid again,”grumbled Jinki as his smile wiped off of his face. Yeah, the boy from yesterday came again and now he was walking to Jonghyun with a big smile on his face. He surprised Jonghyun from the back. Jonghyun who was really engrossed with his book and music, got really shocked and jumped a little so his earphones fell from his ears and his expression was really priceless. The boy’s smile got even wider than before and he also laughed.

Jonghyun looked annoyed for a moment but then he joined the laugh. They looked happy. Jonghyun then ruffled the boy’s hair with affection. Then they talked for a moment before the younger one decided to leave Jonghyun. He bid a goodbye and Jonghyun waved at him as he smiled. All this time, Jinki just watched their interaction with a frown. ‘Ah, it’s the time for me to talk to him,’ thought Jinki. Seeing Jonghyun alone, he shouted to Jonghyun, “Jonghyun! Jonghyun-ah!” Jonghyun who heard someone called his name, looked to the voice’s direction.

But when he saw the one who called him, his smile dissapeared. “Jinki hyung,”whispered him. “Jjong, wait there. I want to talk to you. Don’t go, arrachi?” Jinki half-shouted to Jonghyun and Jonghyun just nodded his head, even though he didn’t want to talk to his hyung right now.

A few minutes passed and now Jinki was in front of Jonghyun. “So, wassup hyung?” said Jonghyun nonchalantly or at least pretended to act normal. “Ah, I want to ask you something.” “What is it hyung?”asked Jonghyun with a small smile. Jinki seemed a little bit hesitate to answer it. “Err... it’s about you,” Jinki said hesitantly. “Me? What about me hyung?” Jonghyun looked confused.

“What’s wrong with you, Jjong?” Jinki asked him back. “Huh? There’s nothing wrong wi-“ “I feel it, Jjong. I know something’s wrong and bothering you. Just tell me,” Jinki cut off Jonghyun’s sentence. “But hyung, there’s nothing wrong. Perhaps it’s just your feeling,” said Jonghyun. “Jonghyun-ah,” called Jinki softly. “Just tell me. Aren’t we best friend?”asked Jinki softly with a reassuring smile. Jonghyun grimaced slightly at the last sentence.

“What makes you think like that hyung? I’m fine,” Jonghyun tried to avoid answering Jinki. “Because you seem so distant. I also feel like you’ve been avoiding me somehow. I also caught you acting strange, not like yourself a few times. So what’s wrong?” “Ah, really? Perhaps that was just your feeling,” Jonghyun still trying. “Jjong,”said Jinki firm, “You know that my feelings rarely false right?” “Err... maybe this is the rare time,” replied Jonghyun.

Jinki let out a sigh, “Jonghyun stop it. This is just wasting our energy,” Jinki then put his right arm on Jonghyun’s shoulder. “Just tell me, perhaps you’ll feel better after you tell me or perhaps I can help you with your problem,” said Jinki. Jonghyun knew he must answer his hyung, he couldn’t run from his hyung but he also couldn’t tell his reasons and problems. So he was thinking of a solution or maybe an excuse.

“J-Jjong.. Jonghyun..” Jinki shook Jonghyun’s shoulders. “Eh? Ne hyung?”answered Jonghyun, he was lost in his mind. “Are you even listening to me?” Jinki let out another sigh. Jonghyun nodded, “Yes, I am.” “Then answer me.” “A—ah.. I—I Just.. I’m just busy with school and life and other stuff. I’m just tired,” Jonghyun reasoned. Jinki didn’t believe his answer and eyed him suspiciously. “really?” asked Jinki unsure. “Ne, jinjjayo. I also a little bit nervous about perfomance night. That’s all hyung.” Jinki didn’t really but it, but he would let it pass for now. He looked at Jonghyun, searching his expression then let out a sigh.

“Okay then, if you don’t wanna talk about it. I won’t force you.” Then Jinki thought for a moment. “Hey, Jjong how about we hang out together after school? I’m free today,”asked him. Jonghyun shook his head and gave his hyung an apologetic smile, “I can’t hyung, already have other appointment, maybe other time. Sorry hyung.” Jinki felt disappointed to hear that but he hid his disappointment with a smile. “That’s okay Jjong, there’s still other time. By the way what’s your appointment?” Now Jinki’s disappointment turned to curiousity.

“Ah, just some practice and promise,” Jonghyun answered vaguely. Jinki raised his eyebrow,”Practice?” “Yeah, practice hyung,” Jonghyun nodded,”and talk about practice, we should practice more hyung. The show is in one week, so we should prepare more. So could you come to my house later around 8?” Jinki just replied with a nod. “So see ya hyung~” said Jonghyun as he left Jinki, he walked away and didn’t even glance back at Jinki. If he turned back, he would see a hurt expression on Jinki’s face.

~

Jonghyun was torn between spending his time with Jinki to the fullest or avoiding him like a plague. After all he already decided to give up on Jinki after the performance. With his feeling for his adorable hyung, he just couldn’t stay friend with Jinki and acted like his usual self. He wanted to get used to the thoughts living without Jinki so after the performance he wouldn’t really realize the big change in his life because his hyung wasn’t there anymore. On the otherhand, he wanted to enjoy his last moments with his hyung. But the beautiful and sweet moments would make it more hard to forget. Jonghyun was really in a dilemma.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woaaa it's been a really really long time since the last time I updated. I'm really really really sorry for the long wait.

Here's an update. Thanks for staying with me :)