A 'Date'

More than Bestfriend

Friday came. Jonghyun’s really looking forward to this day. He couldn’t wait for the bell rings. He couldn’t wait to spend his time with his beloved hyung. He already made a long list of plan, a what-to-do-with-my-so-precious-and-beloved-hyung-that-I-love-so-much list. Just like the name, the list was so long. After all they’ll have much time, from noon until night; there’ll be no school tomorrow. Jinki could sleep at Jonghyun’s house or Jonghyun could sleep at Jinki’s. Just like old times. A smile spread across Jonghyun’s face. He was happy just thinking about that.

            Finally, the bell rang. Jonghyun grabbed his bag and went to Jinki class immediately. He half-running to Jinki’s class and when he saw Jinki went out from his class, he called him. “Hyung~” said Jonghyun. Jinki smiled at his adorable dongsaeng. “What?” asked him. Jonghyun smiled widely. “Do you remember right?”asked Jonghyun. His eyes were sparkling with eagerness. He looked like a puppy that wants his master to go with him. If he had a tail maybe he would wiggle it.

             “What do you mean, Jjong?”he asked back. “Do I forget something again?” He looked like he was thinking really hard. Jonghyun smiled got wiped off of his face and his eyes darkened. His energy lost instantly. He pouted. “Hyung, you really don’t remember?”he asked him again to make sure. “What I suppose to remember? Do you ask me to bring something? Did you want to borrow something from me and I forget it?”Jinki asked, looked clueless. Jonghyun shook his head sadly. “Nope..” He looked at his hyung.  “Really hyung? You forgot?”He asked one more time. He looked so dejected. Jinki just stayed silent. Jonghyun took the silence as yes, he forgot.  Jonghyun he bowed his head. “Fine then...” Jonghyun mumbled softly. Jinki who observed Jonghyun’s movement and expression since beginning, tried his best to hide his smile.

            His bestfriend’s so adorable. He looked so excited and he just looked like a puppy. It’s make Jinki want to . Jonghyun’s expression changed from like an eager puppy to a drained puppy. And when he pouted he just... adorable? When Jinki looked Jonghyun bowed his head, he couldn’t stop his smile to spread across his face.

            “Okay, hyung.. then I’ll just go,”said Jonghyun softly with his head bowed down, not looking at Jinki. He turned around and walked away. Now, it’s Jinki’s smile that got replaced by a frown. Did he get a little bit too far? He was taken aback by Jonghyun’s reaction. He froze for a second but fortunately he realized he must do something. He decided to chase him. Jinki grabbed Jonghun’s shoulder and turned him. Jonghyun didn’t want to look at him and just stare at his foot. Jinki grabbed Jonghyun’s chin and made Jonghyun look at him. But Jinki shocked to see that Jonghyun’s eyes already teary. ‘Perhaps I really went too far, but...’ Jinki thought. “Hyung.. let go.. it’s hurt”Jonghyun said weakly and his voice brought out Jinki from his own mind.

            “Aa.. sorry..” Jinki loosened his grab and decided to move his hand to grab Jonghyun’s shoulder. “Look Jonghyun-ah, I was joking. I just wanted to tease you. I’m sorry, maybe I went a lil bit too far. I didn’t expect your reaction would be like this,” Jinki tried to explain. Jonghyun just looked at him, feeling confused and lost. He just kept looking at Jinki. After a while, he seemed to understand what Jinki mean. “W-what d-do you mean hyung? You mean you j-just.. like.. like played a prank on me?” Jonghyun felt angry and relieved. Angry because his hyung just played with his feeling and relieved because.. because after all his hyung still remember him, there still a place for Jonghyun in his hyung’s mind and maybe also in his hyung’s heart -that was what Jonghyun hoped for.

            “Mmm... I don’t... I..” Jinki let his hands fell on his side and looked around. “I... I..” he fidgeted.. “I just.. Okay, I’m sorry”said Jinki. Jonghyun chuckled. “Okay, hyung. We’re good. I forgive you,”replied Jonghyun. ‘I’m just happy that it was a lie. I’m happy that the truth is you still remember me’ thought Jonghyun with a sad smile. “So.. Jong? Want to go now?”asked Jinki. “E--ehh? What? Where?”asked Jonghyun back, confused. Jinki just cut Jonghyun’s thoughts.

            Jinki rolled his eyes. “To the principal’s office,”answered Jinki with sarcasm. “Wae? Did I do something wrong?”asked Jonghyun a little bit scared with just the thought of visiting the principal’s office. “Yeah, you just broke his car window.” Jinki rolled his eyes again. “Ehhhh?? When did I do that? I don’t remember done it or.. it was you that did it, hyung, and now you accuse me. Am I right?”Jonghyun said. “You did it in your dream. Of course not, babo.“ Jinki got tired, because Jonghyun didn’t seem to understand that he just said it sarcastically and decided to end it. “W-what?”Jonghyun asked confused. “Listen. It’s just a sarcasm, Jjong.. I’m not serious. What’s wrong with you today? You’re not like yourself. You don’t even realise sarcasm and I learnt that from you,” said Jinki. ‘Oh, it’s just sarcasm. Yeah what’s wrong with me? I think I just focused on what should I do with him now. Ah, so it’s what hyung was talking about. Go to our ‘date’.  Can I say that, just for today? A date. Hmmm.. that sounds really good.’ Jonghyun lost in his thoughts again. “Yah! Jjong! You’re spacing out!”said Jinki as he shook Jonghyun’s shoulders. “Ahh... hyung. Nothing’s wrong. Let’s go to the game center first,” said Jonghyun with a smile. “Ah, it seems you’re back to yourself. Welcome back and let’s go,”replied Jinki with a grin. Jonghyun just smiled back.

~

            They had much fun. After playing at the game center -in which Jonghyun kept losing and had sulked for 15 minutes- they went to the cinema to watch the new Action-Comedy film. It’s been a long time since the last time they watched a movie at a cinema together. When the movie finished, Jonghyun couldn’t stop talking about the film. They continued their little ‘date’-that what Jonghyun hope-to the park. They sat on the bench and ate ice creams. They talked and talked. It has been a long time since the last time they could talk for long time. They never lost topic to talk about. Just like best friends they are. Without they were realizing it, time passed, their ice cream already gone to their stomach long time ago. The sky got darkened. Jonghyun looked at his phone to see the time, and then he looked up to Jinki to say something.

            “Hyung, it’s getting late. How about we continue our talk in yo-“ Jonghyun’s words got cut off by Jinki’s phone ringtone. Jinki looked at Jonghyun to mumbled a ‘sorry’ then he picked up the phone. “Yeoboseo?”said Jinki to the phone. Jonghyun just looked at Jinki and observed his expression. He listened to Jinki’s voice, tried to gain information about the caller and his or her intend to call his hyung. “But, I’m with my best friend right now? Can you do it another time?” Jinki said as he glanced at his best friend who was sitting beside him. Jonghyun raised his eyebrows at Jinki, felt curious about the mention of him by Jinki. “Is it really important for you? And I must come? Why? Will it be long?” Jinki asked again. Jinki just listened to the caller’s explanation then let out a sigh. “Ye. Arraso. I’ll do it for you. Ne,ne. See you. Take care.” He said, ended the conversation. He looked at Jonghyun, somewhat with an apology expression.

            “What?”asked Jonghyun. Jinki let out another sigh, but after that he was silent for a second. So Jonghyun decided to talk again. “So, hyung about what I was talking to you before you got the call. How about we go to your house or mine? And perhaps we c-“ Jonghyun words got cut off again but this time by Jinki’s sigh. “Yah, hyung! Why did you sigh?” “I’m sorry Jjong. It seems I can’t. I have something to do.” Jinki didn’t answer Jonghyun’s question. Jonghyun frowned and pouted. “Waeee~? That call? Because of the person who just called you?”asked Jonghyun. Jinki just nodded. “But hyung~”Jonghyun whined. “I’m sorry Jjong.”Jinki gave Jonghyun an apologizing smile. “But hyung,we can have a sleepover. After all it’s-“ “Listen Jjong, I’m sorry. I must go now or I’ll be late.”Jinki said as he stood up. “I’ll make it up to you later. Bye for now,” Jinki threw a smile at Jonghyun and went to his destination, without listening to Jonghyun’s pleads.

            “You always say that,” mumbled Jonghyun to the air. He felt abandoned, like a thrown out puppy. “After all it’s been a long time, hyung and I miss you,” Jonghyun finished his words that he couldn’t finish before to no one particular. Let the words got flew away with the wind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, hey, hey! long time no see~ sorry for the waiting~ I thought I could update on the middle of December but something came up *like usual hhhh...*

so here is the update~ I hope you like it~

Thank you for all the comments~ it makes me feel loved~ and it's encourage me :D

LOVE YOU ALL~

P.S : sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes