Memories

More than Bestfriend

“Hyung, wait!” shouted Jonghyun to Jinki as he ran to him. The said person stopped his steps and turned to Jonghyun.  “Hyung, let’s go home together. It’s been awhile since the last time we went home together. So, do you have another appointment, if not let’s go home now, okay hyung?”he said with puppy eyes. He really miss his favorite hyung and his best friend. “Umm... let me see.. I think no.. We can--“ “Onew hyung!”shouted a boy. Both Jonghyun and Jinki turned to the boy. “Hyung, Kyuhyun hyung is looking for you. He said something about physics project and something he’ll do if you forget about that again,”said that boy. “Jinki hyung~” whined Jonghyun as he heard that. Yeah, Jinki and Onew are the same person. Onew is Jinki’s nickname and everyone called him with that name. Not everyone can call him with his real name, there were just a few people and one of them was Jonghyun, he has a privilege to do that.

            Jinki gave a mental slap to himself. How could he forgot about that again? He’s going to dead if he wouldn’t meet Kyuhyun and do their project. “Ahh.. Thanks Dongwoon-ah. By the way where is he? You can go now and if you meet him on your way, tell him I’m a little bit late,”replied Jinki to Dongwoon. “Ah. He’s in front of sport hall, hyung. Just go there, I think he still there. Okay, I’ll be on my way,”said Dongwoon as he flashed a smile, slightly bowed at Jinki and Jonghyun, then he went on his way.

             Jinki turned to look at Jonghyun and found him with a frown. “What?”asked Jonghyun as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. Jinki gave him an apologetic look and smile. “Sorry, I forgot that I already have an appointment and Kyuhyun will kill me if I don’t come. I already forgot the first appointment and this is my last chance. So, Jjong, can you go home alone? Don’t wait for me, I’ll be long. I promise I’ll make it up to you,”explained Jinki. “But hyung, you just said, okay almost said that we can,”whined Jonghyun. Jinki just kept gave him an apologetic smile, hope that Jonghyun will understand. “Argh! Okay fine! I can go back alone, anyways what could happen? There won’t be a robber, a , or a serial murderer, right? Way back into our home always safe, right? Moreover I’m a man. So hyung, just go and do your own concerns. I’m going home. Bye.” Jonghyun turned and walked away. “Jjong, I promise I’ll make it up to you.”shouted Jinki to Jonghyun. ‘Huh, whatever.’ “I’m sorry” ‘Sorry, I just can’t forgive you right now, hyung.’ ”I’ll come to your house tonight,”shouted Jinki for the last time, but unfortunately Jonghyun didn’t hear that last part.

~

            Jonghyun walked with a frown on his face. He really looked up to go home with Jinki, his beloved hyung. Their friendship started years ago. It started at a park near their home. Actually Jinki’s home is beside Jonghyun but they didn’t know it until they became friends. That noon Jonghyun was playing by himself on the sandbox when he saw a boy who looks like at his age was half-running to the swings but that boy tripped over air. Jonghyun gasped and observed that boy, he thought that he would be crying but no, that boy didn’t cry. That boy tried to stand up but fell down again because he tripped by his own feet. Jonghyun stood up and walked to that boy. Second try, that little boy could stand up but he lost his balance and fell down again, but this time he felt soft surface not the hard ground. He could feel soft breathing on his neck and stifled laugh. He looked to behind his and found a puppy-eyes boy looked at him. “Aww.. It hurts and you a little bit heavy. Could you stand up now, and try not to fall again?”Jonghyun said and the boy blushed and tried to stand up quickly but... he fell again on his , this time not on Jonghyun but on the hard ground.

            Jonghyun chuckled as he stood up. He stretched out his hand to that boy as he said, “Just when I finished talking, you fell again. Here, grab my hand. I’ll help you to stand up.” That boy blushed and grabbed Jonghyun’s little hand.

            “Is it hurt? You fell a lot. Do you have any scratch?”Jonghyun said with a soft voice. “No, I’m okay,” replied that boy with soft voice. “Why you always fall?”Jonghyun asked innocently. That boy shrugged his shoulder. “Molla~ I’m used to it~” said that boy with a cute voice. Jonghyun looked confused then he thought for a second before he said something to that boy. “Then, I won’t leave you. Let’s be friends, I’ll stay by your side forever so if you’re gonna fall I’ll be there to catch you,” said Jonghyun with a wide smile as he extended his hand to shake hands. That boy thought for a moment than grabbed Jonghyun hand. “Okay, let’s be friends,”he said with big smile.

            “So, what’s your name?” Jonghyun asked as they walked toward the swings. “Jinki, Lee Jinki. And you?”replied him. “Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun.” Later on Jonghyun knew that actually Jinki older than him by a few months and started call him hyung with a cute voice. Since that day, their friendship started and going stronger by days.

~

            Jonghyun throw himself to his bed. He grabbed his pillow then he turned around to lie on his back and looked at the ceiling. It seems that he and Jinki drift apart day by day. Now they were in different class, have different schedules, and different activities. The same activity they were doing together just singing. They joined the singing club and sometime they’ll sing duet at Jonghyun’s or Jinki’s house. Jonghyun thought about his memories with Jinki and his feeling for his beloved hyung.  It was on Jonghyun’s 15th birthday that he realized his feeling for his hyung. He realized that he love Jinki more than bestfriend, more than brothers should be. He loves Jinki for real in a romantic way, not only in friendship or brotherly way.  He realized it when they were lying on Jonghyun’s backyard to stargazing, when the stars and moon light up his soft features and shined on his faces. Jinki smiled his million dollar smile at Jonghyun and at that time Jonghyun really wanted to kiss him and hug him. He really looked handsome yet beautiful.

            The next morning Jonghyun confused about his feeling toward Jinki and decided to avoid Jinki. Jonghyun avoided Jinki for 2 weeks before he decided to hide his feeling and just cherish his special moments with Jinki as long as he can. And Jinki didn’t know that Jonghyun avoided him for the whole 2 weeks because he just a naïve person.

            Back to present, Jonghyun afraid that he’ll lose his beloved hyung someday. He afraid that his hyung will be someone else’s and forgets him. But he also afraid to confess his feeling to him. He afraid that Jinki will feel disgust at him, will avoided him, and that their friendship will break apart.  “ARGHHH!!!” Jonghyun shouted to no one. “I don’t know!” Then he buried his head to his pillow.

          A few minutes passed. Jonghyun sat up and looked determined about something. “Okay, I’ll confess to him,” he mumbled to himself. “Yeah, I can do it. Jonghyun Fighting!” he said as he raised his fist into air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey it's first chapter actually I've writed more than this but I decided to split it to see your comment~

So what'll happen next? Let's just wait and see ;)

I hope to see your comments :D

Please comments~