Back to Normal?

More than Bestfriend

Jonghyun already said to himself to that he would ask Jinki to have a duet with him. But a few days passed and he still haven’t done it. It was not because of the lack of opportunity and that he hadn’t met Jinki -that were his reasons, what he said to himself- but it was because he didn’t have the courage to do that. Jonghyun was afraid that his hyung would reject his offer because of his hyung’s girlfriend. He thought this offer as his last chance for his love to his hyung and he wasn’t ready for a rejection. In the other hand, Jinki also couldn’t do the same. Now that he finally realized that he have been forgetting him for a while, he afraid that Jonghyun would reject his offer.

            Jonghyun and Jinki already started their own routine with their own partner. Even though they already had their own partner, participants were allowed to have maximum two performances. That’s why they still could perform together, but because of their fears of rejection they couldn’t do it unless they would overcome their fears and ask each other.

            Each day passed, they went further, further away from each other, and spent more time with their partner, Jonghyun with his dongsaeng and Jinki with his girlfriend, Luna. They didn’t see each other at school, during recess, after school, at weekend, or at their neighborhood even though they were neighbor. It was as if they were stranger. However, deep inside their hearts they still want to have a duet together.

            It was 3 days before the enrollment closed and 5 days before the audition -yeah, even though it was opened for everybody to enlist and to have two performances, they must be the best or at least have talents- when Jinki and Jonghyun met coincidentally at canteen during recess time. Jinki was walking alone in the canteen without his a-little-bit clingy girlfriend because she had another task from their teacher, when Jinki saw Jonghyun was eating with someone he didn’t know and Jonghyun was having fun and looked really close with his new friend. Jinki stopped his tracks and looked at them. ‘Ah, he made a new friend, didn’t he? Did he already forget me?’ It pained Jinki hearts to see that. ‘Why my heart hurts? Is it the feeling of being forgotten?’ Jinki cringed at his thought.

            Jonghyun ruffled his friend’s hair with affection and smiled. Jinki cringed again; he didn’t like what he see. He felt a little bit... jealous? Was it jealousy that he felt? Perhaps yes. Perhaps he was jealous because his best friend made a new friend and now Jinki was getting further apart from Jonghyun. Yeah, perhaps that was the reason he felt a pang of jealousy in his heart. Jinki observed their interaction and without he realized it, he grimaced when Jonghyun grinned widely at the other boy and pinched the boy’s cheeks. The boy puffed his cheeks and pouted then he said something to Jonghyun. Jonghyun smiled softly and nodded, then he said something to reply the boy’s words. The boy stood up and went away, he waved his hand at Jonghyun before he really went away.

            Jinki thought it was his time to approach Jonghyun so he walked his way toward Jonghyun and tapped Jonghyun’s shoulder. Jonghyun who still had his smile on his face turned around to look at the one who tapped him and the smile wiped off from his face. “H-hyung?”asked Jonghyun. “Hi, Jjong~” said Jinki with a wide smile. “How are you?” “F-fine, hyung.” Jonghyun was still shocked to see his hyung there. He didn’t expect it. “What’s wrong hyung? Why are you here?” asked Jonghyun. “Hey, is it wrong to meet my best friend? You don’t like to see me?”Jinki asked back. “A--ani. It just... it just mmm.. weird? You’re not with your girlfriend,” replied Jonghyun. Jinki seemed a little taken aback by Jonghyun’s reply. ‘Damn! My lousy mouth! I shouldn’t say that.’thought Jonghyun.

            “So, just take a seat hyung,” Jonghyun said as he faked a smile. Jinki just stayed quiet as he sat. “What bring you here, hyung?”asked Jonghyun again. “aah.. it’s.. it’s..” It was awkward between them now. They even didn’t know what to talk about. “Ne?” “It’s.. I...” ‘I miss you Jjong’ “Yes, hyung?” asked Jonghyun again. “Aah.. I want to ask you if you want to have a duet with me in the music perfomance like we used to. But it’s okay if you don’t want to. I also have another performance; we can have two performances, right? So, what do you say?” said Jinki. ‘Hyung still remembers me. He wants to have a duet with me. But, what did he say? He also have another performance and it’s okay to me to reject his offer? So, I’m an option, huh?’ Jonghyun thought really hard about Jinki’s words.

            “Jjong~ Jjong” Jinki shook Jonghyun shoulder. “Eehh.. Ne?” “What’s your answer?” ‘I think I should say, yes. It’s my last chance.’ Jonghyun said to himself. “Yes, hyung,” Jonghyun gave a soft smile to Jinki. “Wuaaaaah! Thank you Jjongie~ You’re my best friend~” said Jinki happily and hugged Jonghyun. Jonghyun soft smile turned to a pained one. ‘I’m the one who should be thankful. I’ll enjoy this moment. It’s my last chance. After this I’ll give up on you, hyung.’

~

            Because of the music performance, Jonghyun could spend more time with his hyung. After school he would practice with his dongsaeng and Jinki would practice with his girlfriend. At night Jinki and Jonghyun would practice together in Jinki or Jonghyun’s house. They got along again. But with the more time they spent with their other partner, they could get know each other better. Jinki found many interesting side of his girlfriend and also some annoying side. Jonghyun also found many side of his dongsaeng personality.

            Jonghyun enjoyed these moments. He was really happy at this moment. He could spend his time with his adorable dongsaeng and also with his beloved hyung. But he knew these moments would end sometime and he wasn’t ready for that time to come.

            Both of them passed the audition and could have two performances at the ‘Music Night: Where You Can Show Yourself’. But actually Jinki didn’t know that Jonghyun would also have another performance with his so-called-new-friend. The fact is Jinki forgot that Jonghyun had another friend. He felt that their relationship back to normal and he was the only one for Jonghyun.  He felt that he was the only one who had these happy and precious moments with Jonghyun. He was the only one who could see Jonghyun’s pout when he made a mistake, Jonghyun’s happy smile when he could do something right after a lot of try, Jonghyun’s tired face after practice, Jonghyun’s determined face, and Jonghyun’s hug when he felt thankful and also when he felt down. He didn’t know there was another person who also experienced that moments.

            He didn’t know it until that day. That day Jinki didn’t have practice with Luna because she have to go home soon. Jinki decided to go home with Jonghyun, so he looked for him. He asked Jonghyun’s classmates and friends to know where Jonghyun was. After asking 5 people, Jinki finally knew where Jonghyun was. Jonghyun was in the dance room. Jinki thought it was weird that Jonghyun was in dance room. He didn’t know Jonghyun like to dance or even more could dance. So what was he doing there?

            Jinki walked to the dance room with many thoughts swirled in his mind. With many thoughts on his mind he didn’t even realized he already arrived in front of the door of the dance room. He stopped himself and looked around. ‘Ah, here it is’ He decided not to come in but instead he decided to take a peek. He opened the door slowly and peeked. He was shocked of what he saw. He saw Jonghyun dancing with the boy from the other day. Jonghyun was really amazing. Jinki could see Jonghyun did some wave then did some turns, some pelvic , did movement with his hands, then jumped and slides on the ground. Jonghyun really looked cool that time. The music stopped and a smile appeared on Jonghyun’s face. He stood up and rushed to the other boy.

            “I did it! We did it!” Jonghyun shouted happily as he hugged the younger but taller boy. “Yeah, hyung. I know we can and we did it just like what I said.” The younger one smiled. “Uwaaa thank you~ You’re the best,”Jonghyun hugged the boy once again. “Of course I’m the best. But hyung, please don’t crushed me. I can’t breathe. And you’re sweating so much. Ewwwhh.. so gross~” The taller one made a face at Jonghyun. “Hehehe sorry, let’s go home. Kaja~” replied Jonghyun. “You go first, hyung. I have another thing to do,” replied the boy. “What is that? Do you want me to wait for you or accompany you?” offered Jonghyun. “Ani. I can do it myself. Just go home and rest, hyung.” “Okay, see you tomorrow. Bye.” “Bye”

            Jinki who saw Jonghyun approached the door, ran to the nearer room, pretended that he just came out from that room, and ‘accidentally’ saw Jonghyun.

            “Aah.. Jonghyun-ah, there you are. I’ve been searching you. Where were you?” Jinki acted innocently. “Ah, hyung... I was in the dance room. Why?” Jonghyun answered as he pointed his thumb to the dance room. “I just want to go home with you. Do you mind?” said Jinki. “Of course not. Kaja~”

            After they walked for about 5 minutes, Jinki decided to ask him the question that was bothered his mind. “Jjong, what were you doing in the dance room?”asked Jinki. “Of course dancing, duh.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “But for what reason?”Jinki asked again. “I’m practicing for my other performance,” replied Jonghyun.

            Yeah, Jinki didn’t know it until he saw it with his eyes and heard it directly from Jonghyun. Now he knew it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the long wait.. here is the update. I haven't revealed the boy's identitiy yet. But I think most of you already know Hehehehe.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to leave some comments~

Love you guys~