I'm Not The Only One

More than Bestfriend

Because of the music performance, Jonghyun could spend more time with his hyung. After school, he would practice with his dongsaeng and Jinki would practice with his girlfriend. At night, Jinki and Jonghyun would practice together in Jinki or Jonghyun’s house. They got along again. But with the more time they spent with their other partner, they could get know each other better. Jinki found many interesting side of his girlfriend and also some annoying side. Jonghyun also found many side of his dongsaeng personality.

            Jonghyun enjoyed these moments. He was really happy at this moment. He could spend his time with his adorable dongsaeng and also with his beloved hyung. However, he knew these moments would end sometime and he was not ready for that time to come.

            Both of them passed the audition and could have two performances at the ‘Music Night: Where You Can Show Yourself’. Actually, Jinki didn’t know that Jonghyun would also have another performance with his so-called-new-friend. The fact is Jinki forgot that Jonghyun had another friend. He felt that their relationship back to normal and he was the only one for Jonghyun.  He felt that he was the only one who had these happy and precious moments with Jonghyun. He was the only one who could see Jonghyun’s pout when he made a mistake, Jonghyun’s happy smile when he could do something right after a lot of try, Jonghyun’s tired face after practice, Jonghyun’s determined face, and Jonghyun’s hug when he felt thankful and also when he felt down. He didn’t know there was another person who also experienced that moments.

            He didn’t know it until that day. That day Jinki didn’t have practice with Luna because she have to go home soon. Jinki decided to go home with Jonghyun, so he looked for him. He asked Jonghyun’s classmates and friends to know where Jonghyun was. After asking 5 people, Jinki finally knew where Jonghyun was. Jonghyun was in the dance room. Jinki thought it was weird that Jonghyun was in dance room. He didn’t know Jonghyun like to dance or even more could dance. So what was he doing there?

            Jinki walked to the dance room with many thoughts swirled in his mind. With many thoughts on his mind he didn’t even realized he already arrived in front of the door of the dance room. He stopped himself and looked around. ‘Ah, here it is’ He decided not to come in but instead he decided to take a peek. He opened the door slowly and peeked. He was shocked of what he saw. He saw Jonghyun dancing with the boy from the other day. Jonghyun was really amazing. Jinki could see Jonghyun did some wave then did some turns, some pelvic , did movement with his hands, then jumped and slides on the ground. Jonghyun really looked cool that time. The music stopped and a smile appeared on Jonghyun’s face. He stood up and rushed to the other boy.

            “I did it! We did it!” Jonghyun shouted happily, as he hugged the younger but taller boy. “Yeah, hyung. I know we can and we did it just like what I said.” The younger one smiled. “Uwaaa thank you~ You’re the best,”Jonghyun hugged the boy once again. “Of course I’m the best. But hyung, please don’t crushed me. I can’t breathe. And you’re sweating so much. Ewwwhh.. so gross~” The taller one made a face at Jonghyun. “Hehehe sorry, let’s go home. Kaja~” replied Jonghyun. “You go first, hyung. I have another thing to do,” replied the boy. “What is that? Do you want me to wait for you or accompany you?” offered Jonghyun. “Ani. I can do it myself. Just go home and rest, hyung.” “Okay, see you tomorrow. Bye.” “Bye”

            Jinki who saw Jonghyun approached the door, ran to the nearer room, pretended that he just came out from that room, and ‘accidentally’ saw Jonghyun.

            “Aah.. Jonghyun-ah, there you are. I’ve been searching you. Where were you?” Jinki acted innocently. “Ah, hyung... I was in the dance room. Why?” Jonghyun answered as he pointed his thumb to the dance room. “I just want to go home with you. Do you mind?” said Jinki. “Of course not. Kaja~”

            After they walked for about 5 minutes, Jinki decided to ask him the question that was bothered his mind. “Jjong, what were you doing in the dance room?”asked Jinki. “Of course dancing, duh.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “But for what reason?”Jinki asked again. “I’m practicing for my other performance,” replied Jonghyun.

            Yeah, Jinki didn’t know it until he saw it with his eyes and heard it directly from Jonghyun. Now he knew it. He felt a little bit shock and he felt a pang of pain in his heart. He felt.. betrayed? But why? Was it because Jonghyun didn’t tell him, his bestfriend? He felt an emptiness in his heart. He felt-

            “Hyung! Watch out!” He heard Jonghyun called him. But it was too late. Jinki lost his balance, again, because of his clumsiness. He slipped. He could feel gravity pulled him down. He closed his eyes and waited for the impact and the pain. But he felt a pair of strong arms pulled him. All of that happened in a split second.

           Jinki stayed still for a moment. His eyes were closed, his body was stiffened. But he didn’t feel so much pain, yes he fell down, but the pain wasn’t like what he had expected, instead he fell on something hard yet soft and also warm. He felt secure there.

            Jinki opened his eyes slowly as he raised his head up to look up, and the first thing he saw was Jonghyun’s pained expression. He was in Jonghyun’s embrace. He tried to stand up immediately and tried to help Jonghyun.

            Actually Jonghyun wanted to enjoy the moment because it was a rare case when he could embrace his hyung these days, but his shoulder started to get hurt. It seemed his left shoulder was bruised. When Jinki stood up, Jonghyun also sat up as he held his shoulder with his right hand.

            “Hyung, are you okay?”asked Jonghyun as he threw a genuine smile at Jinki. “Yah! Babo-ya! How can you ask me whether I’m okay or not when you’re the one who get hurts?” scolded Jinki. Jonghyun just grinned childishly at Jinki. Then Jinki helped Jonghyun to stand up.

            “Awww, aww.. hyung! Careful! My shoulder is hurt,” Jonghyun groaned in pain when Jinki pulled the bruised hand to help Jonghyun stand up. “Sorry.. now let’s go to the infirmary, we must take care of your injury,”said Jinki. Jinki wanted to help Jonghyun to walk but Jonghyun rejected the offer. “Thanks hyung, but I can walk. The one which hurt is my shoulder not my leg, I still can walk,” said Jonghyun, declined the offer.

            Both of them walked to the infirmary in silent. They didn’t converse at all. Jonhyun was concentrating on bearing the pain. He bit his lip to bear the pain and muffle his voice. Sometime the moan of pain would let out from his mouth too and at that time Jinki would look at Jonghyun, feeling sorry and worried. After a few minutes, they arrived at the infirmary.

            Jonghyun sat on the bed and took off his shirt while Jinki tried to treat his wound. Jinki put a pack of ice on Jonghyun’s bruise and then put some ointment on it. “Ouch! Hyung!” “Sorry Jjong. Just bear with it,”said Jinki with a serious voice. Jonghyun tried to bear the pain and was looking for some distraction. He looked at Jinki’s serious voice. Yeah, it was indeed a great distraction. He was lost in his mind.

            He was in trance. He really missed his hyung, he missed their moment like this, just the two of them. Jonghyun just kept stared at his hyung’s face. He wanted to caress his face, hug him, and just enjoy their moment. He liked to see Jinki’s expression. ‘Ah, I love you,hyung,’whispered Jonghyun in his heart.

            He wanted to look at Jinki’s face forever but of course, he can’t. Jonghyun was being so quiet that it made Jinki wondered what was wrong with him. “Jjong, all you all right? Does it still hurt?”asked Jinki. There was no answer, so Jinki turned to look at Jonghyun. “Jjong?” “Ah! N-ne hyung? Wae?”asked Jonghyun, he just woke up from his trance. Jinki let out a sigh. “I asked you whether it was still hurt or not. I’m done,”said Jinki.

            “Ah.. Just a little bit. I’ll be okay. It will heal in a few days. Don’t worry.”replied Jonghyun as he grinned at Jinki. Then the two of them fell in silent. An awkward silence. Jonghyun didn’t dare to look at Jinki’s face again. He was afraid to get caught.

            “I’m sorry,”said Jinki, breaking the silence. “Eh?” Jonghyun looked up at Jinki. Jonghyun could see guilty expression on Jinki’s face. Jonghyun frowned, “For what, Hyung?” “You’re in pain because of me. If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t fell and get injury. If I was more careful, paid more attention to my surroundings, and didn’t slipped, you wouldn’t have to be like this,”said Jinki, feeling guilty. Jonghyun smiled softlt, “Ani, hyung. It’s okay.” “But-“ “Sssh!”Jonghyun cut off Jinki as he bring his forefinger to his mouth.

            “Like what I said before. I’m okay. Look!” Jonghyun moved his left arms. He tried to make a big move but just in a few seconds, he cringed in pain. “Jjong!”said Jinki, worried. “Hehehe I’m okay,” said Jonghyun as he grinned sheepishly. “Ya! Pabo-ya! I know it hurts, don’t act like it doesn’t.”said    Jinki. “I’m fineeee~”whined Jonghyun. Jinki gave Jonghyun a glare. “Okay hyung, it hurts,”said Jonghyun in surrender.

            “But, really I’m fine. So don’t worry about me and It’s not your fault. Don’t feel guilty,”said Jonghyun again. Jinki let out another sigh. “Okay, okay.” Jinki put his hands up, a sign that he also gave up. “Aisssh! This kid jinjja!” said Jinki as he ruffled Jonghyun’s hair.         Jonghyun enjoyed Jinki’s touch on his hair, but he couldn’t let Jinki know about it. “Ah Hyung! Don’t mess my hair!” Jonghyun grabbed Jinki’s hand. “Ne, ne..” replied Jinki then he patted Jonghyun’s head before retracted his hand.

            They fell into a silence again. This time it was an comfortable silence. Jonghyun lost in his thought again. He felt like they were back in the old days when the world just revolved around them. But Jonghyun knew, it has changed. Their relationship has changed, they weren’t as close as they were in the old days and Jonghyun didn’t know if he could act normally in front of Jinki when there was his girlfriend or at some time that he really felt far from Jinki. They were close yet far. He wanted to stay in the old days. It felt like a dream. But Jonghyun lived in real world not a dream land. This was the reality.

            Jonghyun smiled bitterly to himself. He looked at his hyung and tried to smile. “Hyung, Can I hug you?”asked him. “Eh? Why? You’re being random today,” said Jinki. “Just because. Can I?” Jinki could see there was a glint of sad expression on Jonghyun’s face. “Okay then.” After hearing the approval, Jonghyun immediately hugged his hyung. He poured all his emotions in this hug, sadness, anger, depression, loneliness, longing, confusion and love. Jinki could feel there was something wrong with Jonghyun. “Jjong, what happened?”asked Jinki, concerned.

            Jonghyun didn’t give a reply, he just tighten his hug. After a moment he mumbled a ‘just let me enjoy this for a moment’ but Jinki could still hear it, so he let Jonghyun hugged him a little bit longer and hugged Jonghyun back., trying to give some comfort. .

            After felt a little bit content, Jonghyun released his hug. He smiled brightly at Jinki as he said, “Thanks hyung.” “What’s wrong, Jjong?”asked Jinki. Jonghyun ignored him and said, “Ah, it’s getting late, hyung. Let’s go home. I want to rest.” “Jjong, wh-“ “Hyung, ppali wa it’s getting late,” said Jonghyun as he jumped off the bed and walked through the door.

            Jinki stayed still for a moment. “What’s wrong with him? What happened, Jjong?”whispered Jinki to himself. “Hyung, ppali wa or I’ll leave you!”shouted  Jonghyun from outside. Jinki decided he would ask Jonghyun later, perhaps after his wound healed. “Ne! I’m coming!” shouted Jinki back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLOOOOO~~~~ I'm sorry, I made all of you wait really long >_< jongmal mianhaeyo

There always something happened to prevent me from write or update. I got an extra work from school then when it ended there were many test and then my computer broke T.T

I hope this chapter long enough for you and you can forgive me hehehe

thanks for your comment. Thanks for still reading and subscribing my story :D

I Love you guys <3 don't forget to leave a comment :D