Music Perfomances?

More than Bestfriend

Jonghyun stayed at the bench and closed his eyes, tried to contain his feeling. He didn’t need a super power to know who called Jinki. It was his girlfriend. He could see it from Jinki’s expression. After all he has been Jinki’s best friend long enough to can read him like an open book. But not with Jinki. He still couldn’t read Jonghyun.

            Of course Jonghyun was jealous and didn’t want to let Jinki go. But what can he do? He was just Jinki’s best friend and he didn’t have any rights to ask Jinki to stay.

            Jonghyun let out another sigh and tried to erase all of the bad thoughts and feelings from his head and heart. ‘Just let him go,’ whispered him to his heart. He stayed still for a moment, felt the breeze caress him. It calmed him down.

            “Hyung?” He heard a voice but he ignored it. Maybe it was just someone calling to his brother. “Hyung? Jonghyun hyung?” It was that voice again. Now Jonghyun knew that voice was calling for him. Jonghyun opened his eyes slowly. He saw someone really familiar. “Ah.. it’s you,” Jonghyun said softly. “Yeah, it’s me, hyung. Did I disturb you? Maybe from your sleep?”asked that person. Jonghyun shook his head. “Ani... What’re you doing here?”asked Jonghyun back. “Just enjoying my free time. So I decided to take a walk. And you? Enjoying the nature again? And then you get sleepy?” That boy smiled to Jonghyun. Jonghyun just kept quiet and smiled softly at him. “But seriously hyung, if you slept here you could catch a cold.”said that boy seriously.

            “Nah, don’t worry. I just take a little rest here. I’m going home soon. So, before I’m going home, wanna play for a little bit?” said Jonghyun as he stood up. “Really? Where?” That boy got excited. “How about game center? There’s one nearby,” said Jonghyun. “Ok, hyung, Let’s go” said that boy as he grabbed his hyung’s hand. “Uwaa... Calm down. But, no ice cream today, alright?” said Jonghyun with a smile. “Ne, ne that’s okay.”That boy nodded. “Kaja~”said Jonghyun as he led the way.

~

            Days passed. Jonghyun’s relationship with his hyung didn’t get any better. We could say it became much worse. Jonghyun decided to let his hyung be. At first, he expected his hyung to call him the night he left him at the park or maybe the next day. But Jinki didn’t do it. He didn’t even make it up for Jonghyun like what he said before he left him. It was like Jinki forgot about him. Now, Jonghyun didn’t want to expect anything from his hyung. Jonghyun didn’t even meet his hyung in school or in neighborhood even though they’re neighbor.

            As for Jinki, he didn’t think that something was wrong. He thought everything was okay. He was enjoying his time with his new girlfriend. At break time, they’ve lunch together. After school he would send her home or take her on a date. Even though sometime he felt like something was missing he just brushed it off and said to himself that everything’s okay.

            One day, there’s announcement about a music performances at school. Jonghyun was eating his sandwich when a boy with brown hair that almost matched Jonghyun hair running to him with a pamphlet. Yeah, it’s him. Jonghyun’s adorable dongsaeng. “What?”asked Jonghyun nonchalantly then he took another bite of his sandwich. “Look at this,” that boy showed him the pamphlet. Jonghyun took it from his hand. He read a glimpse of it.

            “A music performances, huh?” said Jonghyun. “So what?” asked Jonghyun again. “Hyung! Don’t you get excited? There’ll be music performances where everyone can take a part. They’ll open an enrollment. Let’s register. We can show our dances and maybe sings.” explained that boy. Jonghyun choked on his food. “Eh?? But I can’t dance. I can’t even finish our last routine.” Jonghyun reasoned out. “You can do it. Aniyo. We can do it. We should practice more. I can teach you hyung.” He assured him. “But, I don’t want to,” said Jonghyun. “Pleaseeeeee?” pleaded that boy. ”No.”replied Jonghyun. “Jebal hyung,”begged him. “Andwae! I don’t want to.” Jonghyun said firmly. The boy used his puppy eyes. He clasped his hands in front of him and asked Jonghyun again. “Please? Pleaseee?” “I said I don’t want to.” “Please hyung.. For me? For your favorite dongsaeng?” That boy said cutely.

            Jonghyun thought for awhile. In the end he decided to give in to his dongsaeng. “Okay, okay. For you~ my dongsaeng,”said Jonghyun with a soft smile. The younger one really happy to hear that. His face brightened and he jumped and did a victory dance. “Thank you hyung! I really love you!” He said as he hugged Jonghyun really tight. “That’s okay. I’ll do it for my adorable dongsaeng. Now, stop hugging me! I can’t breathe,” said Jonghyun. “Hehehe.. Thank you hyung,” that boy said again, all smiled. “No problem,” Jonghyun ruffled his dongsaeng’s hair with affection.

            ‘Music performances, huh?’ thought Jonghyun. ‘It reminds me of Jinki hyung. How I wish that I could have a duet with him. I wonder what he thinks about it.’ “Hyung!” “Ahh.. ne...” said Jonghyun startled. “What are you thinking about, hyung?” “Nothing. I was thinking whether if I could do it or not.” Jonghyun made up an answer immediately. “Don’t worry hyung. You can do it. Like what I said before. We can do it. And you also get the best teacher out there. It’s me,” The latter one said with a confidence as he pointed at himself. “Yeah, yeah.. I worried over nothing,” Jonghyun threw a smile at his dongsaeng. ‘Should I ask him? Perhaps he could fulfill my wish and also his promise. A promise to sing together. Perhaps for the last time.’ Jonghyun thought to himself again.

~

            “Oppa~ Have you looked into this pamphlet yet?”asked Luna to his boyfriend. “Aniyo. What is it about?”replied Jinki. “It’s about music performances.” “Can I see it?” “Yeah, here you go.” She handed him the pamphlet. “Mmmm...” “Oppa~ Do you want to have a duet performance with me? I know you have such a wonderful voice. So, please?” asked Luna cutely. “Duet performance? Let me think about it,” answered Jinki.

            Now that she brought out that topic, Jinki remembered about someone. Someone he held dearly. Someone that also shared the same love to music. His best friend. Jonghyun.’Damn! How can I forget about him? He must get really angry at me. It’s been a long time since I gave him attention.’ Thought Jinki. “Oppa, what’s wrong?”asked Luna. “Ah.. nothing, Luna-yah,”he smiled softly at her. ‘I think I should ask him for a duet. After all we really love singing.’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyaaaa!! Hi guys!!! long time no see~

Once again sorry for the long and lame update~

So, that boy appeared again~ Can you guess who he was? It's so easy.

and thanks for all the comments~ for new subscriber~ Hello :D Please leave a comment~

so see you next time ^^ Love you guys <3