Feeling Broken

More than Bestfriend

Jonghyun just stood there, feeling numb. He felt dazed, he didn’t know that time already passed. He didn’t know how long he has been standing there. He didn’t know what time was it, he just closed his eyes and felt the nature around him. He felt the breeze. He took a deep breath but he still felt like he was suffocating. He felt broken. He was lost in his deep thoughts so he didn’t realize another boy ran to him.

            “.... Hyung.. hyun... hyung” called a boy. But Jonghyun didn’t respond. Actually he didn’t hear it. “Jonghyun hyung!”shouted that boy. Finally Jonghyun opened his eyes and composed himself but didn’t turn around. That boy walked to him, grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. “Jonghyun hyung, I’ve been looking for you and ca-- Are you crying?”asked that boy. “Eh, what?” asked Jonghyun clueless. Actually he didn’t realize that he has been crying. He didn’t realize that his cheeks felt warm because of his tears. He didn’t realize that the warm water already watered his face. Jonghyun raised his hand to wipe out his tears. But that boy stopped him. That boy cupped Jonghyun’s cheeks and wiped out Jonghyun’s tears with his thumbs softly. “Why are you crying, hyung? What makes you so sad?” asked that boy.

            Jonghyun felt lost for a moment then he grabbed that boy hands and released himself from that boy. He avoided his stare and answered, “Nothing, really. I just enjoyed the view. It’s so beautiful. Don’t you think so? I think I felt touched or something just got into my eyes. I don’t know.” Jonghyun lied and shrugged his shoulder. He tried to act natural. “Really?” That boy didn’t believe him. “Yeah,”answered Jonghyun. “Okay, then” That boy decided to not ask more.

            “So? Why are you looking for me?” asked Jonghyun. “I want to say that today practice will be at 4. You said that you have another appointment until 3 p.m and you couldn’t attend the practice. So, maybe now you can attend the practice, but I think you still can’t,” that boy mumbled the last part. “I also want to tell you the schedule for our next practice and Jung sonsaengnim has task for you, it’s in my bag. Why he asked me to do that? I’m not in your class and hey, I’m your junior. Shouldn’t he ask someone else whom on same grade as you? It’s more effective that way, isn’t it? Anyway, my bag’s in my class now. Wanna come and get it now?”that boy said again.  Jonghyun just kept listening and tried to focus his mind on what he said. “Hyung, are you listening to me?” that boy pouted cutely. ‘Aww, he’s so cute~’ “Yeah, I’m listening. Aigo, you’re so cute~” said Jonghyun as he pinched that boy cheeks with both his hands.”Yah, hyung! Don’t pinch me. It’s hurt,”said that boy as he grabbed Jonghyun’s hands to stop the torture to his adorable cheeks. “Hehe mian~” That boy sent a not-so-scary glare to Jonghyun.  “Mmm... maybe Jung sonsaengnim know that you often hang out with me. Okay, let’s take your bag and then go to our practice.”said Jonghyun as he faked a smile. “Haha.. okay let’s go hyung, but I think we’ll skip practice today,” said that boy. “Eh~ wae? I don’t have other business now, I can go to practice. And why you’ll skip practice too?”asked Jonghyun. “Because~ I know you’re not in the mood today and I’ll skip today because I want to company you. Such a kind and lovely dongsaeng you have, right? So, let’s just go home or we can go somewhere else~”said him playfully.

            Jonghyun let out a sigh. “Right, Arasso dongsaeng-ah, it’s up to you. So, wanna grab some ice creams?” Jonghyun smiled at the younger boy. “Yeay! That’s my hyung~” cheered the younger boy as he jumped around then grabbed Jonghyun’s hand and dragged him. “And you’ll pay, Hyung,” said the younger boy happily. Jonghyun just let out another sigh and let the other dragged him.

~

            A few days passed. Jonghyun still could hide his feelings. He could hide behind his fake smiles. He still asked Jinki to go home with him. He still met Jinki on break time. Sometimes they would eat lunch together, but it was not so often like they used to.

            He tried to act naturally in front of Jinki. Actually it was hard, but Jonghyun was a great actor at hiding his feelings. He has been hiding it for years, so he used to it. Moreover Jinki made it easier. Because of his precious first girlfriend whom he had a crush on but didn’t know if he was falling for her or not, Jinki more often broke his promise with Jonghyun. Their time got less and less. So Jonghyun didn’t have to put up on act. But still, it’s hurt and he missed Jinki. He missed their precious moment together, their little secrets, whisperers, their time together, Jinki’s smile, Jinki’s way of calling him, Jinki’s lame joke, he missed all about Jinki. It was like they were in different school or maybe different city. They were so close yet so far.

            Jonghyun decided to ask Jinki to hang out with him, ask Jinki to spend some time together with him, like what friends suppose to do. So, Jonghyun came to Jinki’s class with a wide smile on his face.

            “Jinki hyung~”called him to the older boy. The said boy turned to him and answered with a smile. “What’s wrong Jjongie-ah?” “Nope. Just wanna catch up with my beloved hyung.”replied Jonghyun with a playful smile. “So, can we go home together today?”asked Jonghyun.  “Sorry Jjong.. But I have a group project I’ll be late.” Jinki apologized. “Then what about tonight?  Do you have any agenda tonight? If not how about I come to your house, we can play video games or watch movies?”asked Jonghyun again, still didn’t lose hope. “I’m sorry again, but Luna already asked me to go with her,” Jinki smiled apologetically. Jonghyun could feel a pang of jealousy and hurt in his heart. “Ahh.... I see.. It’s okay, hyung.” Jonghyun faked a smile. “Then what about this Friday? Do you free that day? We can hang out after school.”asked Jonghyun again. Jinki smiled at Jonghyun. “I think I don’t have any plan on Friday. I’m free that day.”  “Okay then. It’s Friday. Promise?” said Jonghyun with a big smile. “Okay Friday. I promise.”said Jinki with a convincing smile. “Okay, see you later hyung.”said Jonghyun as he walked away. He just hoped that Jinki wouldn’t break his promise. He just hoped that finally he could spend some time together with his beloved hyung.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey~ Long time no see~

It's an update from me~

so~ who's that boy? Did I make you curious or... not? hahaha

do you like it?

just leave some comments to me whether you like it or not~

Love ya <3