Hoobae? More than that

More than Bestfriend

The day of the performance was getting closer. There was just four more days before the d-day.  Jonghyun got really nervous, because he felt that his performances wasn’t good enough. He was afraid that he would make some mistakes especially this time he tried to do something different which was dancing. He felt he wasn’t good enough. On the other hand, his mind was preoccupied with many things. He needed to sort out his minds. Jonghyun let out a sigh, ‘I just  have to practice more, I guess.’ Practice would not only make his performance perfect but it also became the perfect distraction to his mind who couldn’t stop thinking about a certain person.

“Hyung, hyung~” Jonghyun heard a cheerful voice calling for him. ‘Here goes the bundle of energy,” Jonghyun thought as he turned around. “Waeyo?”asked Jonghyun flatly. “Yah, why so cold, hyung,” the other boy pouted, “I’m here bringing good news, you know? But it seems you don’t want to know, then I’ll just go,” he started to turn around as Jonghyun grabbed his hand. “Aissh… this kid jinjja.. Okay I’m all ears. What’s the news?” The younger boy grinned, “I know you will hear me as always,” he sing-songed.

“Yeah, yeah.. so tell me now,” replied Jonghyun. “Eunhyuk hyung will lend us his studio so we could practice more,” the boy said happily with a big smile on his face. “Eunhyuk hyung will?” Jonghyun widened his eyes, he couldn’t believe that. “Ne, and for free. He said to do our best. He said that we can use his dance studio whenever we want which mean we can practice until late, not like when we practiced at school when we must go home when the school close. Moreover Eunhyuk hyung’s studio is near our house,” explained him as he bounced on his feet. Jonghyun was ecstatic to hear that. “Jongmal?” he asked again to be sure. The other boy just nodded vigorously. Jonghyun felt happy and ecstatic so he ruffled his dongsaeng hair, “That’s really a good news, you bring,” he said with a smile. “Yah, hyung, you ruined my hair,” the younger boy pouted again as he tried to swat his hyung hand from his head, he needed to save his hair. Jonghyun just smiled fondly at him.

“Where did you intend to go hyung, before I stopped you?” “I’m going to the cafeteria to grab some foods. How about you accompany me to the cafeteria?”asked Jonghyun. “I would love to, hyung, but I can’t. I must meet Han seongsangnim. He said that he needs to discuss something,” “Waw, you didn’t make some trouble, did you?” “Of course not, I am a diligent and smart student, hyung.” Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. “Oh really? Yeah, I believe you,” teased Jonghyun. “Humph! Meanie hyung! Bye, see you after school, hyung” the boy stomped his feet like a five-years-old kid and walked away. Jonghyun who saw his antics just laughed. What he didn’t realize was there was someone who observed him since the first time he talked to the younger boy.

Jinki didn’t mean to watch the conversation nor to feel this annoying feeling which bothered him like someone just took things that were supposed to be him. It just happened that Jonghyun walked in front of his class and when he wanted to stand up and call him that brat came again. He didn’t mean to just sit and watch them. He didn’t even know why he kept observing Jonghyun’s change of expressions. This wasn’t the first time he watched their interactions but this time he saw it more clearly because he was closer. He didn’t know why he felt something akin to anger bubbled up inside of him when he saw Jonghyun ruffled the other boy’s hair and smiled fondly at him or when Jonghyun laughed his melodious laughs and teased the other boy especially when the other boy pouted and it brought more laughter to Jonghyun. No, Jinki didn’t hate Jonghyun’s laugh, in fact, he loved it. How can he hate Jonghyun’s voice? Jinki also didn’t hate it when Jonghyun felt happy after all these few days he seemed gloomy around him. He was happy if Jonghyun was happy again. But one question in Jinki’s head was ‘Who was this boy who could make my best friend acted like that?’

These days Jonghyun didn’t act like that in front of him, they didn’t even spend time together. “We grew distant. Where did it all go wrong?” mumbled him. ‘Does that boy really Jonghyun’s new best friend? Does he the one who fill my absence in Jonghyun’s life?’ This tall, skinny boy really intrigued him, not because his looks or physique, but merely because this boy has the attention of Kim Jonghyun. Jinki shook his head as he tried to shake off the thoughts, ‘since when I become such a possessive best friend?’ In the end Jinki, decided to just ask Jonghyun about it. So he stood up from his chair and walked up to Jonghyun who was still smiling.

“Jjong,” “Hmm~” replied Jonghyun as he turned to see who called him. “Oh it’s you hyung,” said Jonghyun with a smile. “Who was that boy?”asked Jinki to the point.  Jonghyun looked confused with Jinki’s question. Which boy? There were many boys in this corridor and what’s wrong with hyung? He just came and asked question about some boy. Seeing Jonghyun’s confusion, Jinki explained more, “The boy you just talked with.” Now, Jonghyun knew which boy his hyung meant, but why? Jonghyun gave Jinki some wondering looks which asked ‘why’. “I’m just curious. You seem really close with that boy and I often see you with him. You also chatted animatedly with him just now,” Jinki explained again. Jinki could read Jonghyun just by seeing his expression and his eyes, but lately Jonghyun seemed to keep up his guard so Jinki couldn’t read him and now Jinki took him by surprise so he could read him like an open book.

“Ah, that boy. He’s a hoobae, hyung,” answered Jonghyun. “Just a hoobae?” Jinki raised his eyebrows, asking for more, he knew there was something more. “Ani,he is more than that. He is also my precious dongsaeng and my partner for the performance,” Jonghyun smiled. “How?” Jonghyun wasn’t sure what his hyung meant by ‘how’ so he just shrugged and answer shortly. “It just happened.” Then Jonghyun added, “perhaps it started when I asked him to teach me to dance and he asked me to become his vocal teacher,” said Jonghyun with a laugh. “Since when?” Jonghyun shrugged again, “Molla~ a few months, I guess.” Jonghyun felt that his hyung was acting weirdly. Why did he asked all of this nonsense questions like he was interrogating him? “Geundae, waeyo? Why did you ask all of this questions hyung?” “Ani, I’m just curious.” “Really?” Jinki just nodded his head.

“Jjong, how’s your shoulder?” asked Jinki, trying to change the topic because he, himself, didn’t know the real reason he asked all those questions. It was just his curious-self that acted and asked those questions. Jonghyun frowned for a moment at the diversion, then he smiled again to reassure his hyung that he was fine. “It’s getting better. I can use it normally,” said Jonghyun as he did some rotation with his hand and some big movement that involved his shoulder as to emphasize his words. “Don’t worry, hyung,” he smiled his best smile reassuringly.

“But still hyung, it’s not like you to ask questions like that. It almost feel like you interrogated me. So what’s the matter hyung?” Jonghyun tried to return to the former topic. “Ani, like what I said before, it is just my curious side talking, Jjong. Don’t act like it is a big thing,” Jinki gave his grin. Jonghyun wanted to ask again because he didn’t quite believe his hyung responds, but his stomach said different things. His stomach grumbled loudly, asking for some food. Jonghyun almost forgot that he wanted to go to the cafeteria before he was stopped by his two precious people.

“Ah, hyung I’m hungry, so I need to go to the cafeteria. Do you want to go with me?” asked Jonghyun. Jinki wanted to say yes, but he needed to sort out his mind first so instead he said no. “Ani, I’m not hungry and I have something else to do. Sorry, jjong,” he gave an apologetic smile. “That’s okay hyung, then I’ll go first,” Jonghyun replied with another smile as he walked away. After a few steps he seemed to remember something, and turned back to say something to his hyung. “Oh hyung, just saying, but I’ll be home late today. So don’t wait for me and if you have planned to come to my house just cancel it or come around 9 p.m if you still insist to come.” “Ah, arasso. I’ll still come later. I’ll wait at your house.” “Aissh, hyung. Okay then, just come whenever you want,” replied Jonghyun as he started to walk again.

“Jjong!” Jinki called again, stopping Jonghyun’s steps. “Hmm, wae hyung?”asked Jonghyun back. “You haven’t tell me…” “What?” Jonghyun really confused with his hyung right now, why he didn’t talk to the point like he always did?  “Just one last question. Answer me this one,” said Jinki. “hmm,” replied Jonghyun as he nodded. “What is his name?”

‘Silly hyung, still asking some interrogation questions. Are you jealous, hyung?’ Jonghyun mentally shook his head to clear up his mind. It was impossible for his hyung to feel jealous for something like this especially when Jonghyun just his friend, no more than that. So Jonghyun just answered his question with a smile. “Taemin. Lee Taemin,” answered Jonghyun with a fond smile toward his hyung. The fond smile was mean to both Jinki and Taemin, after all both of them were important people in Jonghyun’s life. “So, see you later, hyung,” Jonghyun bid his goodbye and this time there were no one stopped him again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another chapter. I don't know if this chapter is good or not, because I just like write it without thinking much and I think there's something off with this chapter, oops >.<

so please tell me your opinion hehehe :)

and once again thank you to all the readers, the subscribers and everone who leave comments on this story. I am really appreciated it.